County vs Killie

Great 3 points . Well done lads. Best forward line in the league.

Aye [emoji106]

Not bad for a fat washed up mouthpiece and a fish out of water.

Not forgetting a club without a Chairman, Manager & Youth Coach.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
47 minutes ago, Staggie52 said:

While I agree that it wasn't great to allow Boyd to go it wasn't Sammon that cost us the game, it was two defensive mistakes and the inability to cash in on pressure. On Thursday McIntyre said our problems were in the box at each end and today bears that out. Dominate play, don't take chances and give away poor goals. He says you can't coach that out of players. He might be right but you can recruit players that don't have these problems.

If he "can't coach that out of players" then it might be a bit left field to consider bringing in a fecking football coach. Heartily pissed off watching the same approach time and time again with management miraculously anticipating a different result. By the way, I wait with bated breath Jim' s next press briefing for the Caley game after his latest brainwave that Killie would fold if the crowd were noisy. I suspect it will involve killing chickens and drinking voodoo juice. For once and for all get a bloody midfield.

Thought Curran had a good game, his hold up play is tremendous. Sadly Alex had an off day and although he took his goal well, his petulance really pisses me off every week. How he got MOTM? Scooping must have been good in the sponsors box today. Tumilty MUST be the backup to Davies from now on. Woods before Routis any day too!!

A home loss to Killie. Conor Sammon scoring. Kris Boyd scoring. 
Liquidate County

It's only 1 loss in the last 7 away games (Tynecastle) for Killie, so not that big a shock given County's current form.

Thought Curran had a good game, his hold up play is tremendous. Sadly Alex had an off day and although he took his goal well, his petulance really pisses me off every week. How he got MOTM? Scooping must have been good in the sponsors box today. Tumilty MUST be the backup to Davies from now on. Woods before Routis any day too!!

I've heard a lot of people say Alex and routis were 2 of the better ones today???

County were in control of this match almost as much as they were in the 1-1 with Hamilton. No wins from either.

I was pleased with how well the back three were using the ball in the first half.  Even Quinn was passing the ball forwards, no pass-backs to the keeper at all - was that a new-found positive frame of mind or have the defence just totally relied on Fox's confidence with the ball at his feet too much?

Fraser completely owned Jones too.   I wondered if Jones would fare better against Fraser than he did against Cikos but I thought Fraser was having arguably his finest game... until he forgot how to kick a ball.  After the equaliser County wasted possession so badly, Fraser and Quinn shanked balls to no-one repeatedly... to the point that Fraser's confidence dipped and resorted to pass-backs to McCarey, who has a good short-passing game but his long kicking isn't anywhere near as good as Fox's.  While the winner was Quinn's monumental f**k up, Fraser was given the hand-off too easily.

Killie looked to slow the game down for the last 15 mins, but they were helped by County having no rhythm to their play after Boyce's goal.

I'm sure I got a few funny looks when I applauded on my own while Kris Boyd was being subsituted: I was delighted to see Scott Boyd given the armband.  County have a collection of defenders who repeatedly make mistakes that lose games.  Boyd doesn't hit the heights of some but neither is he left on his backside game after game.  If Boyd was still on loan rather than being allowed to sign permanently, Killie would probably have had to play Karleigh Osborne, who was hooked off after 30 mins in the last Killie v County fixture and hasn't played a minute since. And they wouldn't have signed Sammon, but then there would have been another player given a complete gift of a chance.

I've slagged off Woods plenty but the way Routis forgets to track Sammon at the first goal is alarming.  Routis is potentially County's best midfielder by a distance - and in some respects his appearance improved things - but his concentration lets him down.  If he does that on Sat against ICT I'm sure Polworth/Tansey/Draper/Vigurs would happily lap that up.

5 hours ago, bunglebonce said:

County were in control of this match almost as much as they were in the 1-1 with Hamilton. No wins from either.

Stupid how football works. We were pretty much this against Motherwell and Aberdeen, comfortable then threw away late goals. 6 points in hand and ended up with 0. County were on top for large spells on saturday, yet we have the 3 points. 

Stupid how football works. We were pretty much this against Motherwell and Aberdeen, comfortable then threw away late goals. 6 points in hand and ended up with 0. County were on top for large spells on saturday, yet we have the 3 points. 

It's a funny old game.

6 hours ago, bunglebonce said:

Fraser completely owned Jones too.   I wondered if Jones would fare better against Fraser than he did against Cikos but I thought Fraser was having arguably his finest game... 

Not exactly hard is it? He's not very good and will be straight out the side when Kiltie is fit.

2 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Not exactly hard is it? He's not very good and will be straight out the side when Kiltie is fit.

He showed promise earlier in the season. I think he could be a good player but he clearly needs experience.

Archived