• Last Reply

Gordon

Martin Mulgrew Cooper

Anya                                        Tierney/Robertson

Fraser Cairney Fletcher

Burke

Griffiths/Rhodes

And keep the exact same line up for Sunday for me

Complete tosh this fixture. Sadly we'll be embarrassed as usual by the foot soldiers singing their nonsense.
Umpteen subs, dire fitba, condescending commentary from Crocker or whoever.
Bizarre post match interview as usual by Strachan.
What's not to like?

Unless you stay locally, nobody in their right mind is going to travel across the country on a Tuesday night for the privilege of paying £22 to watch a Scotland reserves v Canada reserves friendly.

Let's face it, FIFA in collusion with TV companies and the powerful leagues are also doing their utmost to discourage fans by holding the qualifiers at the most ridiculous of kick off times. Sunday night at 7.45pm, I mean SERIOUSLY !! This may work well in developed countries, however in the UK where the pathetic transport system grinds to a halt at silly times or doesn't even begin on days like a Sunday, then it's really rather inconvenient..........

1 minute ago, WATTOO said:

Unless you stay locally, nobody in their right mind is going to travel across the country on a Tuesday night for the privilege of paying £22 to watch a Scotland reserves v Canada reserves friendly.

Let's face it, FIFA in collusion with TV companies and the powerful leagues are also doing their utmost to discourage fans by holding the qualifiers at the most ridiculous of kick off times. Sunday night at 7.45pm, I mean SERIOUSLY !! This may work well in developed countries, however in the UK where the pathetic transport system grinds to a halt at silly times or doesn't even begin on days like a Sunday, then it's really rather inconvenient..........

Wednesday mate - the game is Wednesday! I know, it disnae really matter, in fact pity it wisnae Tuesday then it would be over by now.

12 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Tram ride away, but I simply will not pay £22 for a friendly and am truly astounded anyone will go at that price.

4 minutes ago, harry94 said:

Has there been confirmation this is going ahead with the terror attack in London?

If you were going by the number of people going, they may as well shut Glasgow Central station.  There'll be more people in there than in Easter Road tonight.

23 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

I read something on TAMB (I know, I know) that someone quoted along the lines of the game only being on because the SFA needed to fill their quota of games shown by Sky.  It's probably bullshit, but hinted that essentially we're only playing because a contract with Sky says we had to. If so, then don't know whether to laugh or cry.

The real crime is the Sunday game though.  I understand why it was done, and it's not the worst system we've had, but I'm struggling to think of a worse kick-off we could've gotten than 1945 on a Sunday.  Probably only 8pm on the same day.

4 minutes ago, forameus said:

I read something on TAMB (I know, I know) that someone quoted along the lines of the game only being on because the SFA needed to fill their quota of games shown by Sky.  It's probably bullshit, but hinted that essentially we're only playing because a contract with Sky says we had to. If so, then don't know whether to laugh or cry.

That was being reported in one of the rags today. Can't remember if it was the Sun or DR.

Quite looking forward to this tonight, purely because I don't think I've seen Canada play in almost 31 years. Nice that it looks like we have some Canucks to give their opinion of their national side too.

Definitely has dire 1-0 home win written all over it. Although, I'd have said the same about the Lithuania game too  :shutup

31 minutes ago, gav-ffc said:

So much for announcing the team early to entice people to go.

Weather in Edinburgh is awful so I can't imagine there will be many walk up tickets sold.

Definitely has dire 1-0 home win written all over it. Although, I'd have said the same about the Lithuania game too  :shutup

We drew that one 1-1...

Even if this a tenner to get in I wouldn't bother my arse to head alone.
Pricing isn't the main issue for me with Scotland at the moment. It's the fact that we are shite and not looking like getting better anytime soon.
Scotland 3 Canucks 0

Wasn't planning on going, but a friend got some free tickets and I live just around the corner from Easter Road, so I'll go for only my second Scotland match (the first being against Denmark at Hampden).  It's pishing it doon and feckin freezing, and I'm not expecting it to be a very good game... Meh.  It's fitba.  Anything good will exceed my expectations.  

Archived