Cheltenham

doulikefish

I fancy it next year with my mates. Would prob leave out tues and wed but would do the thurs/fri and maybe even stay on the sat regardless if the festival was finished. Had a few guys i know that went down there years ago and now go every year. I went to the Grand National last year and had a ball so its def something im looking at doing

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Paris Hilltoon said:

I've decided that it's defo something I need to tick off the bucket list, so looking for a bit of advice from those who have been or continue to go.

Roughly, what are you looking at for hotels and tickets? I'd love to do 4 days but I don't think that's particularly realistic, but if folk could give me an idea of what I'm looking at, that would be much appreciated. I'd imagine even a basic room will be £200ish per night.

I'm aiming for next or the year after.

Possibly still riding the wave of Friday bailing me out of a hole, but it would be useful to know regardless. Thanks in advance

My mates have done it for the last few years and they always base themselves in Bristol. Probably cause you can fly direct from Inverness. They also only go for the one day so the travel costs to/from Cheltenham are worth the savings in hotels. So it could be worth not basing yourself in Cheltenham to avoid the high hotel prices. Bristol is also an ace night out so that helps too

Cheers, I hadn't really considered that option but it would make sense. I have digs in Cardiff whenever I want, so that's much the same difference and also a good night out.

I use Cardiff as my base for chelts.Its becoming a lot more popular with racegoers ive noticed over the years but after the racing its still a "walk to the front" to get the train back unlike brum/bristol

I use Cardiff as my base for chelts.Its becoming a lot more popular with racegoers ive noticed over the years but after the racing its still a "walk to the front" to get the train back unlike brum/bristol

Cheers bud. Think Cardiff will be my preferred option then. Not quite sure what you mean when you say 'walk to the front', are you meaning it's not total carnage like it would be going elsewhere?

Just now, Paris Hilltoon said:

Cheers bud. Think Cardiff will be my preferred option then. Not quite sure what you mean when you say 'walk to the front', are you meaning it's not total carnage like it would be going elsewhere?

Its very well organised at the train station so theres no carnage

Archived