Scottish Cup 2017/18

mrman2011

We'll be playing Edusport in the next round after they beat Rothes 3-1 in the cup replay.

Does anyone have any background on them? I literally have never heard of them.

South of Scotland league winners last season, now in the Lowland League. The academy website details their ethos - to the best of my knowledge the squad is almost entirely French outwith a couple of player/coaches.

Should bring a travelling support of approximately nil.

• Replies 616
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, WeAreElgin said:

We'll be playing Edusport in the next round after they beat Rothes 3-1 in the cup replay.

The last I heard, Colin Cameron was coaching with them.

South of Scotland league winners last season, now in the Lowland League. The academy website details their ethos - to the best of my knowledge the squad is almost entirely French outwith a couple of player/coaches.

Should bring a travelling support of approximately nil.

Cheers. I'm sure they'll be delighted in paying all that money to be rewarded with a trip to Elgin.

The last I heard, Colin Cameron was coaching with them.

Just what level of diddies are we dealing with here?

4 hours ago, WeAreElgin said:

I was speaking to an Annan fan today who was at their game with Rothes last week he said Edusport have a few decent players. Mostly French guys but they have a few boys on loan from Premiership sides.

Edusport's core remains the Frenchmen, but it's a more varied squad now... they have some Scots; some other non-Frenchmen; at least 4 players on U20 Development Loan from Premiership clubs (2 Kilmarnock & 1 Rangers - or possibly it was the other way round - and another I can't remember, maybe Partick); and make use of their coaches, like Bryn Halliwell and Ryan McCann. Great result for them yesterday given Rothes are a side transformed.

Stirling Uni beating Wick didn't surprise. They've consistently been top-end LL performers.

On ‎26‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 10:24, LeedsPhil said:

and Clach are already selling seats on a Saturday supporters' bus, so it looks like your interpretation is correct and that Spartans knew that in advance, rather than it being something that has to be negotiated on a case-by-case basis.

Common sense anyway on this occasion, with Spartans' visitors being the further traveled of the two. It would be interesting to see who would get priority if Spartans got a home tie vs a 'local' opponent whilst City were the ones with long-distance visitors.

No word yet whether it's the Friday or the Sunday for Ed.City-Stenhousemuir.

It won't be down to distance, or who came out the hat first, there'll have to be a protocol in place.

City v Stenny confirmed for Friday night, so Spartans must have priority when 2 SC ties clash.

• 2 weeks later...

A very interesting game this weekend for Peterhead as they face Colville Park in the Scottish Cup. 

I spoke to Jim McInally about this match last week and he said it was a no win situation for his side and he hopes Colville Park take all the plaudits. 

Read fully here:

https://jordanburtfootball.com/2017/10/12/jim-mcinally-tells-peterhead-let-them-take-the-plaudits-ahead-of-colville-park-match/

1 hour ago, dafcburty said:

A very interesting game this weekend for Peterhead as they face Colville Park in the Scottish Cup. 

I spoke to Jim McInally about this match last week and he said it was a no win situation for his side and he hopes Colville Park take all the plaudits. 

Read fully here:

https://jordanburtfootball.com/2017/10/12/jim-mcinally-tells-peterhead-let-them-take-the-plaudits-ahead-of-colville-park-match/

From what i've  heard from someone whose seen them a few times Colville Park are not far off being the standard of a junior super league side, interesting tie which you would expect Peterhead to win at home but you never know.

40 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

"Colville Park will go away with the plaudits as they are an amateur side in the Scottish Cup and having been the only one to have gotten to the second round so far"

Grrrr....

He's obviously meaning an amateur side from an amateur league but I know what you mean:lol:

Archived