No Voters - what say you?

jamamafegan

A billion??? Highly doubt that tbh. Millionaire celebs always talk big about charitable donations....very rarely are accounts shown to prove the veracity of those claims

Ah I've read it wrong. She's lost her billionaire status from giving money away. My mistake.

What part of democracy is it when the SNP ignore their own manifesto pledges on reforming the council tax and cutting class sizes?
The referendum buys the SNP a few years in which they don't have to do anything worthwhile to improve people's lives whilst keeping the subs rolling in.

They have reformed council tax..... did you not read the Glasgow Labour propaganda to try and win council votes.
So eh, what u r saying is you don't believe in Scottish Democracy... wot a proud Scot you are! Go on gies a blast of FOS

16 minutes ago, sparky88 said:

What part of democracy is it when the SNP ignore their own manifesto pledges on reforming the council tax and cutting class sizes?

The referendum buys the SNP a few years in which they don't have to do anything worthwhile to improve people's lives whilst keeping the subs rolling in.

Whataboutery.

Do you agree that the democratic vote in the Scottish parliament today, delivered by our democratically elected representatives, should be respected by Westminster?

Would you prefer that our parliament is abolished?

2 minutes ago, John Lambies Doos said:

They have reformed council tax..... did you not read the Glasgow Labour propaganda to try and win council votes.
So eh, what u r saying is you don't believe in Scottish Democracy... wot a proud Scot you are! Go on gies a blast of FOS

They have barely touched it. their 2011 manifesto contained a commitment to reform it and sturgeon admitted in the Scottish leaders debates that the reason she hadn't reformed it was because she was too busy losing a referendum by 300000 votes. Not interested in being Scottish or British tbh. 

3 minutes ago, Shades75 said:

Whataboutery.

Do you agree that the democratic vote in the Scottish parliament today, delivered by our democratically elected representatives, should be respected by Westminster?

Would you prefer that our parliament is abolished?

Why should the snp hold the moral high ground on manifesto commitments if they ignore their own? I don't think the SNP ignoring their manifesto is grounds to abolish the SP

Just now, sparky88 said:

Why should the snp hold the moral high ground on manifesto commitments if they ignore their own? I don't think the SNP ignoring their manifesto is grounds to abolish the SP

Why should you insist that manifesto commitments should be held if you are more than happy for the independence referendum manifesto pledge to be broken?

You know, anyone who doesn't want a referendum, doesn't need to vote or take part.  Let other people choose if you can't be arsed.

There was a pro-independence majority elected at the last election.  By the Scottish people.

As has been said, you must support this referendum.  Otherwise you want another system to overrule democracy.

11 minutes ago, Shades75 said:

Why should you insist that manifesto commitments should be held if you are more than happy for the independence referendum manifesto pledge to be broken?

You know, anyone who doesn't want a referendum, doesn't need to vote or take part.  Let other people choose if you can't be arsed.

There was a pro-independence majority elected at the last election.  By the Scottish people.

As has been said, you must support this referendum.  Otherwise you want another system to overrule democracy.

The SNP have broken their own manifesto commitments prior to bleating about the U.K. Govt saying they won't go by the snps referendum commitment. 

There should be a referendum before the next elections as per the SNP manifesto. Sturgeon will need a solid period of polls showing yes with a decent majority before even thinking about holding a referendum which will probably be nearer 2021 than brexit anyway

25 minutes ago, sparky88 said:

They have barely touched it. their 2011 manifesto contained a commitment to reform it and sturgeon admitted in the Scottish leaders debates that the reason she hadn't reformed it was because she was too busy losing a referendum by 300000 votes. Not interested in being Scottish or British tbh. 

I've yet to see any government of any country fulfil every manifesto commitment. I doubt I ever will. That's surely not an argument to dismiss their democratic right to fulfil one?

Just now, Mr Heliums said:

I've yet to see any government of any country fulfil every manifesto commitment. I doubt I ever will. That's surely not an argument to dismiss their democratic right to fulfil one?

She/salmond didn't even attempt to reform it. What's the point in manifestos if the party elected on the base of them cant be bothered implementing them? I don't think that sounds democratic

Just now, sparky88 said:

She/salmond didn't even attempt to reform it. What's the point in manifestos if the party elected on the base of them cant be bothered implementing them? I don't think that sounds democratic

You're not answering my question.

2 minutes ago, Mr Heliums said:

You're not answering my question.

It's not but no one has stopped the SNP from holding a referendum as specified in their manifesto. The legal right to hold one rests with Westminster, if the SNP chooses to promise one without having the legal right to hold one its their call.

3 minutes ago, sparky88 said:

It's not but no one has stopped the SNP from holding a referendum as specified in their manifesto. The legal right to hold one rests with Westminster, if the SNP chooses to promise one without having the legal right to hold one its their call.

Are you happy that Westminster has that legal right or would you prefer that a Scottish parliament should be able to call, and hold, a referendum as and when it sees fit?