No Voters - what say you?

jamamafegan

2 minutes ago, Henderson to deliver ..... said:

Last time I checked, the SNP had 63 seats whilst the combined forces of darkness  unionism had 60 minus the Presiding Officer = 59.

Majority confirmed.

You'd have to be pretty stu.....

http://www.parliament.scot/msps/12450.aspx

Get urself a calculator stu.....

7 minutes ago, McSpreader said:

Bullshit total bullshit.

In  the UK  we vote for MP's not PM's.

The party that is able to form a majority govt  by having the most MP's does so and the leader becomes the PM.  As Theresa May is the leader of the majority paty in Westminster she is the rightful PM.

At least she has a majority, unlike the FM.

You have to be pretty stupid not to know that and I can't believe no-one else  has told you !!

You'd have to be pretty stupid not to know the differences between the election systems of Westminster and Holyrood.

36 minutes ago, Shades75 said:

So you'll admit that comparing a Tory majority in Westminster to an SNP minority in Holyrood is foolish and misleading?

Did you say 'SNP Minority' ,  ?:lol:

Edited by McSpreader

3 minutes ago, Shades75 said:

Yes.  The truth is no enemy.

Back to my original question that you ran away from...

Do you admit that comparing a Tory majority in Westminster to an SNP minority in Holyrood is foolish and misleading?

Nope !

Do No voters agree that democracy worked today? I mean it was in the manifesto and there has been a material change.... so no point spouting that once in a generation shite.
Generally interested.... or do they just believe the shortbread senate is a waste of space?

The huge difficulty (despite few folk on here wanting to admit to it) is that democracy seems like it's being ignored by those pushing for a second referendum.

I'm a committed yes man but there is more of a mandate in a recent 55% victory in a referendum with a huge turnout than there is in an election promise and subsequent victory (with what, 47% of the vote on a lower turnout).

I know it's not a popular point but it seems to me that a majority of Scots still do not want a second referendum so soon (despite a massive brexit change in circumstances).

Sturgeon is playing a difficult hand here.

1 minute ago, pandarilla said:

The huge difficulty (despite few folk on here wanting to admit to it) is that democracy seems like it's being ignored by those pushing for a second referendum.

I'm a committed yes man but there is more of a mandate in a recent 55% victory in a referendum with a huge turnout than there is in an election promise and subsequent victory (with what, 47% of the vote on a lower turnout).

I know it's not a popular point but it seems to me that a majority of Scots still do not want a second referendum so soon (despite a massive brexit change in circumstances).

Sturgeon is playing a difficult hand here.

I agree . She wasn't helped by May's brilliant tactic of saying 'Not yet' rather than 'No'....It has totally thrown her off course.

We Scots are a pragmatic people and will now want to wait to see the outcome of Brexit negotiations. Then, for once, we will have all the information to hand to decide which, if any, Union we wish to go with....UK or EU.

I agree . She wasn't helped by May's brilliant tactic of saying 'Not yet' rather than 'No'....It has totally thrown her off course.
We Scots are a pragmatic people and will now want to wait to see the outcome of Brexit negotiations. Then, for once, we will have all the information to hand to decide which, if any, Union we wish to go with....UK or EU.

May is an arsehole.

She's not totally inept though, and so she didn't say no flat out. If she'd any real political touch she'd have fully engaged the Scottish government and their demands on brexit. It's clear she's playing lip service at best.

6 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

A point being missed is that some who could well imagine an independent Scotland hold the SNP in contempt and it's to Scotland's demerit that it's either Wee Nicola or nothing.

There's a massive democratic deficit in Scotland as there seems to be no credible alternative to the shortbread-munchers.

Just now, pandarilla said:

May is an arsehole.

She's not totally inept though, and so she didn't say no flat out. If she'd any real political touch she'd have fully engaged the Scottish government and their demands on brexit. It's clear she's playing lip service at best.

She may well be.....but I think the FM payed lip service to gainfully engaging with Westminster over Brexit. 

It was Sturgeon's way or independence.....no room for manouvre or compromise. She painted herself into a corner with her intransigence and hyperbole .

She may well be.....but I think the FM payed lip service to gainfully engaging with Westminster over Brexit. 
It was Sturgeon's way or independence.....no room for manouvre or compromise. She painted herself into a corner with her intransigence and hyperbole .

The Scottish government have tried to look at various options and possibilities. Yes to an extent they want to be ignored because it plays well for them but they have clearly made an effort.

It's also been very clear that may and her hard brexit team are completely ignoring all of it. The brexit means brexit is just pish.