No Voters - what say you?

jamamafegan

9 hours ago, Fide said:

It's noteworthy that the creator of this thread deems this and other outbursts from you as not worthy of commenting on.

So, essentially, what you're saying is the ideological attacks on the poor and disabled of this country are, in part, the fault of the SNP?

Image result for riiiight

No......you just said that ^^^ up there !

I said the SNP and Labour as parties that have held positions of power have done a shit job and that's why the Tories are in power ripping shreds out of the populace.

Btw ....Fidiot is a good term for you and I will use it every time you act like a ......Fidiot. You asked for banter and if McMinter and Muckspreader passes for banter then so does Fidiot. If you play nice I won't need to use the term Fidiot.....comprende ?

Edited by McSpreader

10 minutes ago, McSpreader said:

I don't see the push for independence by some people in Scotland and the leaving of the EU by the UK as being directly comparable.

You're right - they're not "directly" comparable. The UK has already instituted all the things you claim are terrible that you believe the EU is pushing for in terms of "ever closer union". Thus you must hate Europeans even more deeply than you claim independence supporters hate the English; after all, you can't stomach even being in a much less controlling union with them.

I like the way you say I talk shit and then fix it so my statements are used to back your cause. That tells me I talk good shit !

I like the way you haven't understood what's going on here but, you're too arrogant not to lash out anyway.

Good job.

Sent from my MotoG3 using Pie and Bovril mobile app

Just now, Antlion said:

You're right - they're not "directly" comparable. The UK has already instituted all the things you claim are terrible that you believe the EU is pushing for in terms of "ever closer union". Thus you must hate Europeans even more deeply than you claim independence supporters hate the English; after all, you can't stomach even being in a much less controlling union with them.

As I've already told you countless times I love Europe and the people of Europe and travelling to Europe. I really don't know what else to say to you. You are determined to paint me with your brush of prejudice because I expect my comments disturb you. You are always reinterpreting them to fit your prejudice  which I imagine  you believe then gives you the right to disparage my views and insult me as you struggle to argue coherently against me.

10 hours ago, Antlion said:

Yet you have claimed that anyone who wishes to leave a political union is motivated by hatred of the other people and countries within that union. Ergo you must despise European people. You think a totalitarian superstate and ever closer union (one army, one state, one nation) on the British isles is a good thing, so it's clearly not the model of governance you object to (in fact, you love it). It must be union with non-British people you can't stomach. 

10 hours ago, Antlion said:

I'm simply applying your own standards. You refuse to recognise support for Scottisb independence as a "political position", and instead repeat doggedly that it must be "prejudice". Therefore you admit that your own support for UK independence cannot be a "political position", but instead must be prejudice.

10 hours ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

So, how exactly is wanting independence from the EU not based in prejudice but wanting independence from the UK is?

all good points :thumsup2

19 minutes ago, McSpreader said:

I don't see the push for independence by some people in Scotland and the leaving of the EU by the UK as being directly comparable.

why?

9 minutes ago, McSpreader said:

As I've already told you countless times I love Europe and the people of Europe and travelling to Europe. I really don't know what else to say to you. You are determined to paint me with your brush of prejudice because I expect my comments disturb you. You are always reinterpreting them to fit your prejudice  which I imagine  you believe then gives you the right to disparage my views and insult me as you struggle to argue coherently against me.

You're a liar, though. You've stated that wanting to leave a political union that involves "one superstate, one army, one nation" means hating people of other nations incorporated into that union. You also claim that you want to leave a political union that you fear will at some point involve "one superstate, one army, one nation" (i.e. it hasn't even done it yet). Ergo, you must hate the people of the other nations who are members of that union even more virulently.

So why are you such a little racist xenophobe? What is it that excites you about anti-Europeanism? Do you feel you've been personally victimised in some way, or is it just blind UK nationalism that makes you feel Europeans are too inferior to be allowed to be in the same type of union that you champion for Britons?

Edited by Antlion

Unionist viewpoint, it seems.

British Union - Good

European Union - Bad.

I apologise for being unable to add anything sensible to this discussion. It will just go round and round until the next referendum. 

I do believe that every stop and string will be pulled, every lever pushed, to ensure that it will all be too little, too late. I imagine that may result in civil unrest. 

Tbf there's plenty of unionists who voted to remain. The Lib Dems especially are trying to gain political capital out of vocally opposing Brexit. They're all shitebags though. Happy to condemn the disaster that is Brexit but won't support the one party committed (and able) to prevent it.

28 minutes ago, NotThePars said:

Tbf there's plenty of unionists who voted to remain. The Lib Dems especially are trying to gain political capital out of vocally opposing Brexit. They're all shitebags though. Happy to condemn the disaster that is Brexit but won't support the one party committed (and able) to prevent it.

Not to mention they want another referendum on the EU, whilst wanting to deny Scotland another referendum on the UK. That's different, because reasons.

39 minutes ago, cyderspaceman said:

Unionist viewpoint, it seems.

British Union - Good

European Union - Bad.

The curious argument they usually seem to advance is that the UK union is old and more entrenched, and therefore good. That is, of course, not a reason for Brexit, but rather an argument for forcing through a full, single European state, enforcing one European culture and nationality, ignoring dissent, and entrenching it all over three centuries until it becomes the normal status quo. After all, that's what the UK did, and so it's what they're claiming makes for a robust and defensible union.

3 hours ago, Antlion said:

You're a liar, though. You've stated that wanting to leave a political union that involves "one superstate, one army, one nation" means hating people of other nations incorporated into that union. You also claim that you want to leave a political union that you fear will at some point involve "one superstate, one army, one nation" (i.e. it hasn't even done it yet). Ergo, you must hate the people of the other nations who are members of that union even more virulently.

So why are you such a little racist xenophobe? What is it that excites you about anti-Europeanism? Do you feel you've been personally victimised in some way, or is it just blind UK nationalism that makes you feel Europeans are too inferior to be allowed to be in the same type of union that you champion for Britons?

You've lost the plot again......quite the regular occurance!

You really are struggling to cope!

3 minutes ago, Antlion said:

The curious argument they usually seem to advance is that the UK union is old and more entrenched, and therefore good. That is, of course, not a reason for Brexit, but rather an argument for forcing through a full, single European state, enforcing one European culture and nationality, ignoring dissent, and entrenching it all over three centuries until it becomes the normal status quo. After all, that's what the UK did, and so it's what they're claiming makes for a robust and defensible union.

Instead of struggling and failing to comprehend other people's viewpoints why not actually outline your views.......should be a laugh!

3 hours ago, Wee Willie said:

all good points :thumsup2

why?

With respect, Wee Willie, there is no explanation that will satisfy you and Antlion.

You are both Nationlists and for me there is no place for Nationalistm or patriotism in politics . They are false agendas and serve no purpose other than to set good people against each other  and to get working people to fight the wars of the rich and priveliged..