Arbroath v Montrose

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Fishies emoji6.png

If you're going by train may aswell just go down the West Port, avoid the millgate. Station/West Port Bar id say.

Strange that Mo don't really have a designated pub they go to when they come through.

Dunno if it's just cause it's usually a poor away support or what but before games at Links The Market and The Star are usually full of Arbroath.

ETA: Tutties across the road too mind but no music or football. Good pre match I suppose.

a lot of Mo fans don't want to give their hard earned cash over to local publicans. I know of a number that will not go to the match for the same reason - giving money to AFC. Me personally its down to not being able to drink and drive and hating having to neck an irn bru in a pub while everyone else gets p1shed.

a lot of Mo fans don't want to give their hard earned cash over to local publicans. I know of a number that will not go to the match for the same reason - giving money to AFC. Me personally its down to not being able to drink and drive and hating having to neck an irn bru in a pub while everyone else gets p1shed.

That's a pretty poor reason for not going to a game cause your giving money to your local rivals,just as well us Arbroath supporters don't do the same when playing Montrose as we give the links park coffers there two biggest pay days of the season in the league. Well done you though and hope you have a good day....that is up till 3pm [emoji6].

a lot of Mo fans don't want to give their hard earned cash over to local publicans. I know of a number that will not go to the match for the same reason - giving money to AFC

:lol:

You'd have been better off just saying your away support is shite mate cause that's embarrassing.

The Anchor down the Westport has just had a refit, not that I have been in yet to see for myself, might be a decent option too, personally I'd head to Tutties. 

It may look better inside but will still have the same peasants as regulars

3 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

:lol:

You'd have been better off just saying your away support is shite mate cause that's embarrassing.

we've been over this topic since time began - Arbroath have a population of say 20,000 ish for arguments sake, Montrose roughly 12,500 population. Which club should have the bigger support? regarding the reason - its a free country - you can drink wherever or whenever you want. perhaps you don't like a particular pub/supermarket/fast food takeaway - freedom of choice mate.

we've been over this topic since time began - Arbroath have a population of say 20,000 ish for arguments sake, Montrose roughly 12,500 population. Which club should have the bigger support? regarding the reason - its a free country - you can drink wherever or whenever you want. perhaps you don't like a particular pub/supermarket/fast food takeaway - freedom of choice mate.

Arbroath is 25k mate.

And what has Arbroaths support got to do with anything?

Regardless of all that the Montrose supports at Gayfield over the years have been poor, minus a few occasions, even by your standards. Your home gates are pretty decent, I don't see why at least half a home gate can't drive a further 10 minutes to come to Gayfield.

What I originally said was tongue in cheek anyway though, as the reason you gave for fans staying away from Gayfield was embarrassing.

When I said 'you'd have been 'better off just saying your away support is shite instead', I was being sarcastic.

cee92b4a6df4fb096ce055b454f87fb8.jpg

Arbroath and Montrose fans welcome to Coast before and after Saturday's game. One of the cheapest pints in town. Just beside Lidl, not far from train station!
Children are also welcome.

Worse than the anchor

Archived