Arbroath v Montrose

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11th March - Clyde home - 566
25th Feb - Cowden home - 519
The above games we definitely had less than 500 home fans at. Both games were in February/ March, as I stated.
18th Feb - Stirling home - 625
14th Jan - Berwick home - 539
These two we would have had around 500, maybe just under, maybe just over.
Our attendances in run of the mill league games have been no better than last season, which is rather worrying and I've laid out the reasons for why I think this is in my previous post.

Missing out comps/hospo/youth teams that

Our crowds haven't been great in some games considering and I mainly think it's because we seem to play shite at Gayfield

Just now, 1320Lichtie said:

Missing out comps/hospo/youth teams that

Our crowds haven't been great in some games considering and I mainly think it's because we seem to play shite at Gayfield

So you essentially agree with pretty much everything I've said regarding our crowds, their size and the reasons for that? ;)

I think you are starting to find out a bit more about Dick Campbell brilliant guy great rapport with fans and press and gives his all for the club, but he does seem to lack the tactical awareness but he makes up for that by normally having one of the biggest budgets in the league and gets in good quality players. I  really really like Dick and enjoyed his time at Brechin but he has limitations which seems to show at crucial times.

5 hours ago, Best Team in Angus said:

I think you are starting to find out a bit more about Dick Campbell brilliant guy great rapport with fans and press and gives his all for the club, but he does seem to lack the tactical awareness but he makes up for that by normally having one of the biggest budgets in the league and gets in good quality players. I  really really like Dick and enjoyed his time at Brechin but he has limitations which seems to show at crucial times.

DC has to be given some credit for getting the Smokies to the challenging position they are in but SP on the Montrose bench got more involved on the touchline yesterday and got his tactics right and his substitutions right and at the right times. Not pretty to watch but I'd rather get results than play pretty stuff and get pumped each week. Elgin are the best team we've played this season but some of their recent results have been dodgy as have Forfar's so there is no stand out team this season - and dare I say it, no team looking like tearing up League 1 when promoted. If either Stirling or Montrose  had got their acts together a bit earlier it would have been even tighter at the top - but they didn't.

Still think Arbroath will tough it out to the end unless Forfar get their act back together.

8 hours ago, timlichtie said:

Hester is my first choice impact sub. Tricky, pacey and a proven scorer. How's his loan going?

Hester has been banging them in for Roselea.  I think he has 22 in 8 games including a hat trick, a 4 goal rout then only the 7 on his debut.

There season, I think is nearly over.  They have to hope Spey Valley suffer defeat so they can win the title, if not I think they will have a play off against Sunnybank.

Why not play Hamilton at left back and have Smyth in central defence? Would be a more sensible option than placing a slow midfielder in at left back who is not very convincing.

And break up the best defensive pairing in the league, that's why Hamilton has not been moved to LB

18 hours ago, ecto said:

And break up the best defensive pairing in the league, that's why Hamilton has not been moved to LB

And i praise their efforts. But having a left flank weaker than the Maginot Line means that far too often teams are getting in behind.

Hamilton would be a far better option at left back.

Archived