Arbroath v Montrose

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fleming was MOM by a country mile. I was one of the many Lichties who were disappointed when he left.

DC got the subs wrong yesterday IMHO. Malin for Hodge would have made more sense. With the clock running down maybe Smyth on to bolster the defence and ensure at least a draw. Anyway, Dick went for it and we could have been 2 points clear if it had paid off.

He got the subs wrong but you suggest putting a defender on to bolster the defence at home in a derby to a team below you to ensure a draw?

You won't be getting the job anytime soon Tim.

7 minutes ago, Neilly said:

He got the subs wrong but you suggest putting a defender on to bolster the defence at home in a derby to a team below you to ensure a draw?

You won't be getting the job anytime soon Tim.

Smyth is a good footballer and apparently more of an attacking threat than our loan striker.

Agree hodge should of started at left back, but there has to be a reason sukar walks back into the team....feel sorry for Malin and Smyth who have done well when called on yet they were not given chance yesterday, not even from bench, 

Subs were wrong, young lad from Dumbarton has done nothing unfortunately, Taking Linn off for Ferns was wrong in my opinion too, surely should of been for a defender, 

At least no ground lost on Forfar although Annan have come from nowhere and have chance to get to within 3 of us next week, 

agree with fleming being mom.2 wonder saves from doris shots and 1 from linn. still raging regarding the ongoing suker situation. but on to annan next week who have started a run of form but strangely we seem to be playing better away from home so heres hoping that continues

Arbroath certainly didn't bottle it should have won just couldn't finish off there chances Montrose only had one chance before they scored,Hammy went mental at the keeper at there goal. Sore one to take but just a point behind. Smash and grab by Montrose. Mason done his usual hatchet job crocking Hodge and it worked we made the wrong choice when replacing him with Prunty,anyway just a bad day at the office we're still well in it still in our own hands.

Sir Terrence masson the hatchet man!!! [emoji51] [emoji51] [emoji51] [emoji51]

1 hour ago, lichtiekev said:

Agree hodge should of started at left back, but there has to be a reason sukar walks back into the team....feel sorry for Malin and Smyth who have done well when called on yet they were not given chance yesterday, not even from bench,

Subs were wrong, young lad from Dumbarton has done nothing unfortunately, Taking Linn off for Ferns was wrong in my opinion too, surely should of been for a defender,

At least no ground lost on Forfar although Annan have come from nowhere and have chance to get to within 3 of us next week,

Why not play Hamilton at left back and have Smyth in central defence? Would be a more sensible option than placing a slow midfielder in at left back who is not very convincing.

15 hours ago, 1320Lichtie said:

We've been great to watch in many games.

Wish I didn't, but I completely disagree with this. We have been excellent in many games, in terms of professionally seeing the game out and defending superbly but in terms of entertainment value we offer the neutral/ fair weather fan absolutely nothing. Our crowds are at the same level as they were last season, when we were the 2nd worst team in the division. An Arbroath side up the top of the division should be getting 650/700+ home fans at games but we've had less than 500 home fans in several games throughout February and March. I think the main reason for this is that in the bigger home games (Montrose and Forfar) we have been poor and done nothing to attract back those who came along to see what we were about. In terms of entertainment value, unless you're a regular Lichtie you're not going to be enticed to come a long and see any sort of attacking, free flowing football with goals galore. I even know of a good few of our regulars who almost seem slightly disillusioned at times with the lack of entertainment on show.

In terms of yesterday, I don't think we were any worse/ better than most games we've played this season. Usually we're just a wee bit better than the opposition and once we manage to get ahead we can stay ahead due to a very good defence. Yesterday we failed to get ahead, and were punished down our weak left hand side. If any of the half a dozen excellent saves by Fleming had resulted in a goal, I'm fairly certain we would have closed it out and taken the 3 points but they didn't and we were punished.

Very strange that multiple fans have dared to criticise DC's team selection/ subs and no-one has been along to have a go at them for their disgusting negativity considering people have had a go at me previously and I'm pretty sure I'm the only Arbroath fan to have personalised merchandise to show my support of the manager. ;). As I quite often feel, Dick got both his starting 11 and subs wrong yesterday in my eyes. We played well down at Berwick and controlled the game, were very solid defensively and Bryan Hodge was outstanding at left back which saw him get into the team of the week for the whole of the SPFL. We promptly move him into midfield, and bring a player straight back in who has proven to be a weak link in our team. I have lost count of the number of goals we've conceded down the left hand side this year with Suker in that position, it must be verging on 75% of them coming through that side which is incredible and makes it blatantly obvious where our issue lies. I don't blame Jaseem Suker at all, he is giving 100% every game and it is Dick who picks the team and consistently picks him. This isn't a new issue, it has been well known for months that we are weak down the left and teams are regularly exploiting this and attacking our left side at every opportunity. A crazy, crazy decision by Dick to bring him back in and move a player who was outstanding the previous week.

In terms of subs, again I feel we got them wrong. Having Eddie Ferns on the park and Bobby Linn in the dugout when chasing a goal is absolute madness and I just can't believe Dick would do that and it's not the first time it has happened. I felt when Hodge got injured we could have gone for a straight swap with Malin coming on and I really don't see the logic in sparingly using McCallum and giving him 15 minutes once a month. As was said at the time and ultimately appears to have proved correct, it has bizarre that we have let Kane go out on loan and replaced him with a carbon copy who hasn't offered anything more than Kane had.

Ever since SP was appointed at the Mo I felt they would make a big challenge for the play offs next year, and I definitely stick by that based on yesterday. He is a good, tactical manager who exploits the weaknesses of the opposition well and this has been proven on multiple occasions in his few months in charge.

Wish I didn't, but I completely disagree with this. We have been excellent in many games, in terms of professionally seeing the game out and defending superbly but in terms of entertainment value we offer the neutral/ fair weather fan absolutely nothing. Our crowds are at the same level as they were last season, when we were the 2nd worst team in the division. An Arbroath side up the top of the division should be getting 650/700+ home fans at games but we've had less than 500 home fans in several games throughout February and March. I think the main reason for this is that in the bigger home games (Montrose and Forfar) we have been poor and done nothing to attract back those who came along to see what we were about. In terms of entertainment value, unless you're a regular Lichtie you're not going to be enticed to come a long and see any sort of attacking, free flowing football with goals galore. I even know of a good few of our regulars who almost seem slightly disillusioned at times with the lack of entertainment on show.
In terms of yesterday, I don't think we were any worse/ better than most games we've played this season. Usually we're just a wee bit better than the opposition and once we manage to get ahead we can stay ahead due to a very good defence. Yesterday we failed to get ahead, and were punished down our weak left hand side. If any of the half a dozen excellent saves by Fleming had resulted in a goal, I'm fairly certain we would have closed it out and taken the 3 points but they didn't and we were punished.
Very strange that multiple fans have dared to criticise DC's team selection/ subs and no-one has been along to have a go at them for their disgusting negativity considering people have had a go at me previously and I'm pretty sure I'm the only Arbroath fan to have personalised merchandise to show my support of the manager. [emoji6]. As I quite often feel, Dick got both his starting 11 and subs wrong yesterday in my eyes. We played well down at Berwick and controlled the game, were very solid defensively and Bryan Hodge was outstanding at left back which saw him get into the team of the week for the whole of the SPFL. We promptly move him into midfield, and bring a player straight back in who has proven to be a weak link in our team. I have lost count of the number of goals we've conceded down the left hand side this year with Suker in that position, it must be verging on 75% of them coming through that side which is incredible and makes it blatantly obvious where our issue lies. I don't blame Jaseem Suker at all, he is giving 100% every game and it is Dick who picks the team and consistently picks him. This isn't a new issue, it has been well known for months that we are weak down the left and teams are regularly exploiting this and attacking our left side at every opportunity. A crazy, crazy decision by Dick to bring him back in and move a player who was outstanding the previous week.
In terms of subs, again I feel we got them wrong. Having Eddie Ferns on the park and Bobby Linn in the dugout when chasing a goal is absolute madness and I just can't believe Dick would do that and it's not the first time it has happened. I felt when Hodge got injured we could have gone for a straight swap with Malin coming on and I really don't see the logic in sparingly using McCallum and giving him 15 minutes once a month. As was said at the time and ultimately appears to have proved correct, it has bizarre that we have let Kane go out on loan and replaced him with a carbon copy who hasn't offered anything more than Kane had.
Ever since SP was appointed at the Mo I felt they would make a big challenge for the play offs next year, and I definitely stick by that based on yesterday. He is a good, tactical manager who exploits the weaknesses of the opposition well and this has been proven on multiple occasions in his few months in charge.

Less than 500???? When

38 minutes ago, SimonLichtie said:

we've had less than 500 home fans in several games throughout February and March.

8 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Less than 500???? When

11th March - Clyde home - 566

25th Feb - Cowden home - 519

The above games we definitely had less than 500 home fans at. Both games were in February/ March, as I stated.

18th Feb - Stirling home - 625

14th Jan - Berwick home - 539

These two we would have had around 500, maybe just under, maybe just over.

Our attendances in run of the mill league games have been no better than last season, which is rather worrying and I've laid out the reasons for why I think this is in my previous post.

Archived