East Region Superleague....

watchful eye

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, gogsy said:

1) Why are these people asking you if Kelty are leaving?

2) How do you look a right idiot because you don't know the answer?

For fecks sake man.

Read the post a few above mine.

It is Kelty folks complaining about lack of notice for the Big Rose game etc.

I am simply pointing out the double standards.

45 minutes ago, superbigal said:

For fecks sake man.

Read the post a few above mine.

It is Kelty folks complaining about lack of notice for the Big Rose game etc.

I am simply pointing out the double standards.

How can we announce something when there's nothing official to announce ?

As soon as there is something to announce be rest assured we will.

1 hour ago, kefc said:

How can we announce something when there's nothing official to announce ?

As soon as there is something to announce be rest assured we will.

Perhaps the league weren't ready to officially announce the fixture.

41 minutes ago, Nutty said:

Job done win their last 2 games and they will be champions again.

Hope you are right. Generally teams who have so many games to play at season end as Bonnyrigg have done, continually playing Monday Wednesday and Saturday, it becomes too much for them.

Bonnyrigg are showing that it can be done, and even though they have lost, probably unexpectedly to both Broxburn and my team, they continue to show what a good team they are.

If kelty were upfront about their intention as to where they are intending playing next season then maybe people would take them more seriously.

I'm sure they have to their players and sponsors, given the leaks that's are now circulating.

Classy.

1 hour ago, BS7 said:

If kelty were upfront about their intention as to where they are intending playing next season then maybe people would take them more seriously.

I'm sure they have to their players and sponsors, given the leaks that's are now circulating.

Classy.

Brendan, we have been upfront. "Take them more seriously", don't get that 1 ???

We have applied for our SFA Licence, upon this application we were instructed a Licence wouldnt be given unless we signed a declaration to join the pyramid system.

Question for us then became that we stay Junior with the status quo and pass on the licence or look to better the club by achieving SFA Membership, we chose the latter for the best move for Kelty Hearts.

Should clubs not be applauded for trying to improve? Really don't get the negative comments about why we haven't sung from the rooftops that we are joining another League before we have even been accepted into it. We have spoken with the SJFA and they know our position but until things become official then we are all in limbo which is unfortunate for everyone involved.

We paid the £2000, signed the declaration and had our audit on Friday. We have been upfront about that and made it public, those are the rules so to gain our licence we will follow those rules to join the pyramid.

It doesn't take us to make a statement on something that isn't official in terms of what League we will be in next season, we have been upfront on every step so far and will continue to do so.

Linlithgow Rose up next on Wednesday for you boys,  which I expect you to win then we can go to Saturday and may the best team triumph, 2 cracking sides.

Dont want to get into any trash talking but we will defend our club at all times when it's falsely accused.

I'm not Brendan, although I did see him briefly today - but I appreciate your clarity on the position of kelty. I don't think any rational person has any issues with the choices Kelty as a club make - that is for Kelty to decide, and I wish them as well as I can do for any club that wears the truly vile colour of maroon.

I don't have any official link to bonnyrigg Rose, I've just followed them for 40 years and I will continue to do so for the next 40 god willing.

And to be fair if you have said that is the intention of kelty to join the east of scotland league next season and I've missed it then I do apologise.

I'm absolutely unaware of any trash talking from the office holders of bonnyrigg rose towards any other junior team. They simply aren't like that.

7 minutes ago, BS7 said:

And to be fair if you have said that is the intention of kelty to join the east of scotland league next season and I've missed it then I do apologise.

I'm absolutely unaware of any trash talking from the office holders of bonnyrigg rose towards any other junior team. They simply aren't like that.

I didn't say there was any trash talking, I said we didn't want to get into any which could easily transpire on here if people keep having a pop, you did just that on your 3rd last post.

22 minutes ago, kefc said:

I didn't say there was any trash talking, I said we didn't want to get into any which could easily transpire on here if people keep having a pop, you did just that on your 3rd last post.

Well if I'd known prior to posting that it's your intention to move to east of Scotland then I'd not have posted in the first place....can you see the point?

3 weeks to AGM, would be nice to know......

The guy has already said they are off but need to wait on paper work to confirm it.

All the best to Kelty if they achieve the move. Hopefully this will get all parties thinking about how a proper pyramid can be achieved

Yes I now have it on here that Kelty are 100% applying to join the EOS, so thanks for clarifying that.

Now as a Girl Guides five a side pub team would probably be accepted for the EOS, it is fairly safe to assume they will leave the Junior Arena.

All we need is to follow precedents of when teams have left etc.

As far as I am aware then Newtongrange even if they lose the play off will not be relegated.

If they win the playoff it could be interesting.

Arguments for Forfar or Musselburgh to be in SL.

11 hours ago, kefc said:

We have applied for our SFA Licence, upon this application we were instructed a Licence wouldnt be given unless we signed a declaration to join the pyramid system.

Surely as a club, you can sign that declaration and stay where you are for the time being?  You can be fully committed to joining the Pyramid, but as an SJFA member. To the best of my knowledge, nobody has been forced to move league after a Licence has been granted, and nobody has been obligated to move league before its granted.

Just now, Deanburn Dave said:

C'mon Burnieman you know fine well the rules are just made up or tweaked as they go along.

Exactly, hence my comment. Sign the declaration, get Licenced, then carry as a Superleague club.

Are the SFA going to come along and tell Kelty they will revoke the Licence if they don't move, despite other Licenced clubs remaining outside the "Pyramid"? I seriously doubt it. Precedents are there for everyone to see.

Then again it's easy for me to say "call their bluff".

On ‎25‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 01:56, kefc said:

Fixtures have now been cast, email sent out 5 minutes ago.

Bonnyrigg v Linlitgow - Wed 31st

Kelty v Bonnyrigg - Sat 3rd

This is going to the end.

Kelty will be full on Saturday especially if Bonnyrigg beat Lithgy Wednesday.

Archived