TALBOT V ROB ROY

happy

4 minutes ago, plug mac said:

Great junior side who don't seem to produce senior talent for ayr Utd or Kilmarnock just baffles me that it is a hot bed for junior football but pretty shitty at the senior level the boy Moffat far girvan only recent success and he at Dunfermline with all due respect

Reasonable point but to be fair its a big step up to the championship with Ayr or the premier league with Killie. Kris Doolan went from Talbot to Partick and is doing well. Craig Pettigrew also ended up in the Championship with Dumbarton although he is now back at Stranraer

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Reasonable point but to be fair its a big step up to the championship with Ayr or the premier league with Killie. Kris Doolan went from Talbot to Partick and is doing well. Craig Pettigrew also ended up in the Championship with Dumbarton although he is now back at Stranraer

Fair play doolan a very good player never Heard of the other lad with respect [emoji106]

37 minutes ago, plug mac said:

Great junior side who don't seem to produce senior talent for ayr Utd or Kilmarnock just baffles me that it is a hot bed for junior football but pretty shitty at the senior level the boy Moffat far girvan only recent success and he at Dunfermline with all due respect

They've had a couple of players go senior in the last few years and some others get offers but stay put. Not sure why it has to be Ayr or Killie they go to (although Gordon Pope went to Ayr for a season or 2). 

4 hours ago, plug mac said:

Former Buffs striker, Ross Stewart,is scoring regularly for Albion Rovers,plug mac. He has scored 11 or 12 since joining them,& scored 2 of Albion's 3 at Stenny yesterday. He's just turning 21 years old,& Killie & English League 1 side, Chesterfield are keeping tabs on him. Wouldn't surprise me if the boy ends up at Rugby Park in the summer!

20 minutes ago, superpollok said:

Good highlights, Talbot looked like they played some nice stuff.

what was the crowd? I would have thought KRR might have brought a support with them with it being a big game, but didn't look that big a crowd? 

Two buses down from the Roy. At an estimate I would say just under 700, good crowd in the stand and there is a part of the terracing where a large amount of supporters congregate but can't be picked up by the camera. I would say the Roy support outnumbered what Pollok brought down a few weeks ago. 

26 minutes ago, superpollok said:

Good highlights, Talbot looked like they played some nice stuff.

what was the crowd? I would have thought KRR might have brought a support with them with it being a big game, but didn't look that big a crowd? 

Lol rob roy played the football to be honest     ,the game I was at. 

6 minutes ago, Dipple burn said:

Two buses down from the Roy. At an estimate I would say just under 700, good crowd in the stand and there is a part of the terracing where a large amount of supporters congregate but can't be picked up by the camera. I would say the Roy support outnumbered what Pollok brought down a few weeks ago. 

Thought someone would say the stand was busy, people hiding from the sun?

i would hope KRR would have took a bigger support than Pollok for a meaningless league game compared to a top of league clash. I couldn't be arsed going a few weeks ago and I know that was the case for quite a few pollok fans. 

Expected 4 figures yesterday for such an important game for both teams. 

1 minute ago, Juniors supporter said:

So you only support your team when playing important games then so the rest are pointless going to, surely you support the team at all games or you a glory hunter 

Maybe you are right. Go to 90% of pollok games, but couldn't be arsed going to Talbot.

But then again, Every big game in junior football must have 50%+ of the crowd as glory hunters as I am sure neither Pollok or Beith had any other game last season with 3000+ except the final, and this season whoever appears the final will have at least 1000 people each who do not attend their weekly games. That's life. 

7 hours ago, rednblack said:

Again to repeat we requested the holiday weekend off before we knew who we were due to play!!

We didn't decided to go on take a 'week off ' once we knew we had Talbot to play.

Once the fixture man realised we were not playing that weekend the fixture was quickly scrapped.

The vast majority of sides we have played this season and the fans like Kilwinning and Hurlford have commented on our home style of play which won't be evident every week.

You have to fight scrap chase up officials when you go to certain grounds otherwise you have no chance.

As commented on by the Kilbirnie fan great teams of the past (we are not one of those obviously) have had that element and it's been fine for them it's fine when it's your team yet when wee Rob Roy try similar tactics it's a disgrace to football. Looking through tinted specs or what do people just expect teams to turn up and roll over if you want that feel free to bugger off to the south of Scotland league or the super fantastic (not) LL.

Then you wouldn't be able to come to Talbot for the football. Oh wait a minute?

1 hour ago, Dipple burn said:

700 is a good crowd yes it was an important game but it wasn't critical and many still expect it to be between glens and talbot that will be the game with the big 4 figure crowd.

Our support has been decent this season all things taken into consideration we certainly take more to away games than most teams in the premier. Hopefully once we get back to kirky things can settle down and kick on that bit more for us again and we can regularly challenge up at the top and the full course not just half a season of 3/4.

Again to repeat we requested the holiday weekend off before we knew who we were due to play!! We didn't decided to go on take a 'week off ' once we knew we had Talbot to play.

Once the fixture man realised we were not playing that weekend the fixture was quickly scrapped.

The vast majority of sides we have played this season and the fans like Kilwinning and Hurlford have commented on our home style of play which won't be evident every week.

You have to fight scrap chase up officials when you go to certain grounds otherwise you have no chance.

As commented on by the Kilbirnie fan great teams of the past (we are not one of those obviously) have had that element and it's been fine for them it's fine when it's your team yet when wee Rob Roy try similar tactics it's a disgrace to football. Looking through tinted specs or what do people just expect teams to turn up and roll over if you want that feel free to bugger off to the south of Scotland league or the super fantastic (not) LL.

Maxi is a great young manager and will learn over the last two weeks. Getting sent off lacks discipline and shows lack of self control. You can't justify this or you are doing the man a disservice. Maxi needs to keep his cool and manage the team, I am sure he will be disappointed with the pressure he put on himself to win. The bottom line is how can you discipline a player when you can't control yourself. I have never been a fan of mangers ranting and raving on the touch line. The winners evaluate the play and adjust the team by subs or formation. You win games in the training ground and the transfer market. KRR have moved forward more than any other team this year, take the pressure off maxi and the players coach the Team communicate evaluate and enjoy each game if you can. Life's to short, managers can only do so much, players can only play to there ability and official will make mistakes. It balances up over a season. Roy to I die.

7 minutes ago, cloughy said:

Maxi is a great young manager and will learn over the last two weeks. Getting sent off lacks discipline and shows lack of self control. You can't justify this or you are doing the man a disservice. Maxi needs to keep his cool and manage the team, I am sure he will be disappointed with the pressure he put on himself to win. The bottom line is how can you discipline a player when you can't control yourself. I have never been a fan of mangers ranting and raving on the touch line. The winners evaluate the play and adjust the team by subs or formation. You win games in the training ground and the transfer market. KRR have moved forward more than any other team this year, take the pressure off maxi and the players coach the Team communicate evaluate and enjoy each game if you can. Life's to short, managers can only do so much, players can only play to there ability and official will make mistakes. It balances up over a season. Roy to I die.

unless he has a track record of losing the nut and getting sent off then I'd say you're reading far, far too much into the incident. 

700 is a good crowd yes it was an important game but it wasn't critical and many still expect it to be between glens and talbot that will be the game with the big 4 figure crowd.

Our support has been decent this season all things taken into consideration we certainly take more to away games than most teams in the premier. Hopefully once we get back to kirky things can settle down and kick on that bit more for us again and we can regularly challenge up at the top and the full course not just half a season of 3/4.

Admitting defeat then Brian!

32 minutes ago, Dipple burn said:

Rob Roy are not out the running and realistically can still win the title. The were impressive yesterday and if they play to their true form then who knows. The Roy have still a big say in the proceedings.

We do have 5 of 8 games left at guys meadow i guess that is a positive for us.

That's fair enough my feeling is the Ayrshire sides offer better money than league 1 and league 2 sides the boy Moffat and doolan have been doing well but would think their be more but as you said some boys happy were they are [emoji106]

Archived