Brechin City v The Fife Express

Thought Brechin deserved to win today, best team both halves and hurst made some great saves. All our players first touches and passing was terrible today. Liked number 3 for Brechin ran himself into the ground.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, theoriginalhedge said:

I have had a few it must be said.   Not enough to induce the saliva flow down my shirt yet though. 

It's certainly not saliva that flows from you, that's for sure!!!

7 hours ago, King Kebab said:

Don't know??? One???

According to the match stats you had three shots on target and we had two and it was two each at 90 mins!!!

When you consider we had 3 cleared of the line in our first attack in the first 5 minutes it suggests the stats are rediculous. Or did you not see that particular bit of the match?

Good win today , an important one with who we have visting next Saturday. Tuesday night saw us lose to a late goal and yesterday saw us win by a late goal . Fife pen was soft but a couple of weeks ago we were awarded a soft pen against Airdrie. These things equal themselves out over the course of the season . Very enjoyable day . Delighted to see the Fife Express wasn't at full steam today . Having Caldwell on the pitch for the full 90 is imo like playing with 10 men ( sorry Ross but i've given you a fair few chances ). I would have played a half fit Trouten  or stuck Arron Lynas up front than have to endure a 90 min toe curling Caldwell show. Hope we can make the playoffs .

Can t get my head round Caldwell thing when we were losing at Albion he kept him on bench and put on Rogers whilst pushing Hill up front ,and I'm sure a similar situ ar Stranraer ??? yet today he gives him full 90 .... The lad does nt want to be here get him to f@ck he s shown in glimpses he's got something about him but obviously not interested in doin it for us ...Well played today . Saw 2 young lads get hooked in celebrations ha ha ha by players

50 minutes ago, CITY1974 said:

Can t get my head round Caldwell thing when we were losing at Albion he kept him on bench and put on Rogers whilst pushing Hill up front ,and I'm sure a similar situ ar Stranraer ??? yet today he gives him full 90 .... The lad does nt want to be here get him to f@ck he s shown in glimpses he's got something about him but obviously not interested in doin it for us ...Well played today . Saw 2 young lads get hooked in celebrations ha ha ha by players

I don't think it is about him not wanting to be at Brechin , Ross unfortunately has no football brain. He had to be coached for the entire 90 mins from the sidelines . They were telling him what runs to make and not make, who to pass to etc.  The lad tries but obviously struggles to take in information. In fairness he helped set up the  first goal and put himself about a bit more but at times he just goes missing. The coaching staff obviously feel they can help talk him through games but at this level that is not really acceptable.. 

It makes you realise how lucky we are to have players like Jackson and Watt who are willing to put in that bit extra to cover Ross' failings.  Basically if you were to give Ross a report card he would be in the "could do better " category. 

Great result for us love a last minute winner specially a strike like that. Deffintly missed Ally going forward though thought Aron had a brilliant game Dyer might struggle to get his place back. Liam watt had a great first half as well. Tough one coming next week though

5 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

You weren't the " square go "  guy with the glasses yesterday were you ?  That was the funniest part of the day . :1eye

was that the care in the community guy with glasses and red face near the pie shop who was frothing at the mooth at the end, who for some reason started shouting  at me on my way past him at the final whistle " you will no win the league we made you look good the day ":)

was that the care in the community guy with glasses and red face near the pie shop who was frothing at the mooth at the end, who for some reason started shouting  at me on my way past him at the final whistle " you will no win the league we made you look good the day "[emoji4]

9eaf6eaca965c90f66e162a6ec7bc3a9.jpg good wee win

Archived