Scotland vs Slovenia

Gordopolis

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As mentioned earlier in the thread Slovenia are a very decent side, most of their team are playing at an equal or higher level than ours however they're no Spain or Germany. If we can play to our best and get the fans right behind us then we might sneak it, but it's going to be a tough match that's for sure. I just hope he doesn't persist with this possession at all costs nonsense otherwise we're in for a 0-0 or 0-1 scoreline I fear.

Just now, pandarilla said:

Both full backs, Forrest, and Griffiths are all fairly pacey are they not?

would disagree , robertson and forrest are quick, griffiths and tierney are reasonable but not exactly lightning quick

Six Celtic players in the starting line-up so playing in the Scottish Premiership can't be the a problem, yet Strachan doesn't see the benefit of calling up Liam Lindsay to at least be around the squad as one of Scotland's best young centre-halves, a position where we are shambolic. Cooper isn't even in the squad any so why not Lindsay? Baffling but I'm biased I suppose.

Whether or not we win tonight, looking at the big picture, Strachan has to step down in the immediate future if we want progression. We also need to fix our dreadful youth setup where players are often picked based on their club and not merit.

Six Celtic players in the starting line-up so playing in the Scottish Premiership can't be the a problem, yet Strachan doesn't see the benefit of calling up Liam Lindsay to at least be around the squad as one of Scotland's best young centre-halves, a position where we are shambolic. Cooper isn't even in the squad any so why not Lindsay? Baffling but I'm biased.

Whether or not we win tonight, looking at the big picture, Strachan has to step down in the immediate future if we want progression. We also need to fix our dreadful youth setup where players are often picked based on their club and not merit.

Nobody gives a f**k about Lindsay apart from Partick Thistle fans

Thank f**k Darren Fletcher's dropped. Hopefully to never be seen again.

Far too harsh.

I might not pick him either at the moment but the man's been an immense servant and captain for the last 15 years or whatever. Wee bit of respect needed.

2 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Nobody gives a f**k about Lindsay apart from Partick Thistle fans

Shut up, fan boy.

Will be interesting to see you trying to spin this latest disaster that's about to unfold.

'No Scotland, no party'

Right, 'mon Scotland. Despite the fact I don't think Forrest is good enough, Scott Brown is a fucking traitor, Kieran Tieney is a superb left back but he's playing at Right back, Griffiths hasn't been playing and again isn't really good enough and the less said about Mulgrew at centre back the better. I am looking forward to seeing Armstrong in a Scotland shirt and I can't not want us to win even if it prolongs the WGS era and therefore the misery.

You never know, we might be decent and we might have something to cheer about.

Spoiler

r3pefy6.jpg

Archived