Dundee United v Ayr United - 28 March 2017

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Come on now Lichtie, you've admitted plenty of times you like Celtic and Liverpool.
But aye Ayr are my local team so would go to their games when I'm not at Boro. Would consider Boro my team, rather than my "big" team though, supported them for far longer than I have Ayr.

I've never admitted I liked Celtic, not once. :lol:

In terms of English teams I prefer Liverpool to others but I don't really give a shite because Gerrard's retired and I don't care much for the EPL.

I really should put this in my bio, not that anyone cares but it's tiresome ruining threads with this nonsense every so often. And I was only on the wind up. ;)

McCall is quite the bullshitter, to be honest. I didn't realise that until he became Ayr manager.

He seems to have a way of deflecting attention from himself, and stringing fans along with promises of jam tomorrow, and big signings imminent.

He does also make big promises about the great, exciting, football he intends to play but we rarely see it.

If he keeps us up then fair enough, job done, but he's a bit too much talk for me.

1 hour ago, Young Eddie said:

Love the passion in McCall's interview! Makes a refreshing change from the platitudes that most managers trot out.

That said, at times I wonder if he's the full shilling :unsure2:

I think he's about a tanner in post match interviews.

3 hours ago, Joma Boo said:

McCall is quite the bullshitter, to be honest. I didn't realise that until he became Ayr manager.

He seems to have a way of deflecting attention from himself, and stringing fans along with promises of jam tomorrow, and big signings imminent.

If he keeps us up then fair enough, job done, but he's a bit too much talk for me.

Unfair. All managers deflect attention, but I don't get "jam tomorrow". The only "stringing along" of fans was to keep us up which is still eminently doable. You would be criticicing if he was not doing thing this. Are Balatoni and El Alagui not "big signings" in context. I want MORE ridiculous talk from managers not LESS.

Love the passion in McCall's interview! Makes a refreshing change from the platitudes that most managers trot out.
That said, at times I wonder if he's the full shilling :unsure2:

He took more than the full shilling when he managed us.

It took me a while, but I worked out how to quote in the end.

Archived