Dundee Utd v Falkirk

Guest Back Post Misses

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Reflecting on that yesterday I am even more angry at Houston having just read his post match comments. He set the team up and I would wager every Falkirk fan there knew what would happen. It would come back on top of the defence all the time because Baird and to a lesser extent McHugh can't hold it up. On top of that we go with a midfield that time and again has failed. Aird has given us balance and pace yet is left out to accommodate Kerr.

The minute it was changed you could see Dundee Utd defence drop off 10 yards as they were terrified of Austins pace in behind. That gave us more space and Sibbald started to dominate the game. Him and Leahy ran riot in the last 15 minutes tearing Murdoch apart.

I hope the penny has finally for Houston. Austin has to play. Taiwo has to play centrally and Baird needs to be sat on the bench. (He is a stubborn c**t though and don't be surprised if the same front line start again v St.Mirren)

A decent point yesterday but an opportunity missed to finish DU's chance of 2nd.

I agree, he is so stubborn, it sometimes feels as though he is sticking two fingers up to us fans. He will point to the fact we are second and that was the priority this season but with a bit more ambition in games and picking players on form we could have been far closer to Hibs. Is Houston in the dark ages when it comes to football and past it?? Maybe it's because he hasn't changed his management style in 25 years and not moved with the times?

24 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

As for the East Fife loan, a friend of mine who's a sponsor asked him in October last year how he was getting on there. Let's just say O' Hara wasn't all that enthusiastic about how things were going. So it's quite possible that the decision to return may have been his rather than Houstons. I don't know, but if you don't either then it's a little unfair to blame the manager when he may simply have been trying to look after his player.

We had an East Fife fan on here saying O'Hara never got a look in much with Naysmith in charge but did under Barry Smith and that I'm sure he said he was used on the right hand side, I can only guess in a role behind a main striker. He said he was only just finding his feet and is welcome back anytime.

We for sure over hyped O'Hara probably due to the level of clubs in our league he played against and performed well, time will tell regarding him but I still feel he shouldve stayed at East Fife

Houston pissed off with the support for being unhappy with his substitutions.

No one is disputing you got them right Peter but your starting 11 was wrong. If as you said you thought it was a game for Lee Miller then it makes it worse that you didn't pick Austin.

He won't get anywhere having a pop at the support.

No one is disputing you got them right Peter but your starting 11 was wrong. If as you said you thought it was a game for Lee Miller then it makes it worse that you didn't pick Austin.

That his default response when he makes a mistake.

10 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Houston, Yogi, Elvis, Holt etc. None of them were ever going to be brilliant but all had their moments.

I actually think if we appointed Pep or Mourinho some fans would find a reason to moan.

When i haul myself up to the shitehole that is Dundee and Housty names Baird & McHugh up top, I'd feel well entitled to a wee moan like.

Actually the miserable bar stewards behind me were whinging when he brought on Craigen then moaned every time he got possession even though he has been the key to us picking up 4 points from the last two games. I did not think Hippolyte was contributing much when he was substituted so could not understand the reaction.

The cross leading to the goal was sublime. People talk about Austen who I agree is our best striker at the moment but he's also not that consistent and much more of an impact striker.

Time Craigen got a regular run in the team though.

2 hours ago, JinkyBairn said:

Just watched the interview there. Was tense af.

"Listen, they can boo all they want, I'm the manager, I pick the team." Hahaha class.

Housty sir, yer starting 11 was shambolic my man.

Swap you - Mckinnon for Houston.

Craigen won't be accepted by some fans now. There's a few guys behind us in the SS that boo him when he comes on & moan like hell every time he gets the ball. Idiots.

The thing that annoys me about these so called fans is that confidence is key for a lot of players to perform at their best.

We can see in some games what ability he has, especially on crosses, but if they are on his back all the time rather than getting behind him and the rest of the team we will never get to see the quality he possesses consistently.

27 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

The thing that annoys me about these so called fans is that confidence is key for a lot of players to perform at their best.

We can see in some games what ability he has, especially on crosses, but if they are on his back all the time rather than getting behind him and the rest of the team we will never get to see the quality he possesses consistently.

Totally agree. We have a really negative element in our fan base. Some almost seem to be happier when we struggle.

Totally agree. We have a really negative element in our fan base. Some almost seem to be happier when we struggle.

We are not unique every club has them. We think we have more because it is the club we know best.

None moreso than the drunken old c***s with the walking sticks that sit in the South Stand. Every week it's a different player they pick on and never happy even when we win.

If you're talking about who I think you're talking about, those boys should be in the Falkirk Hall of Fame.

Archived