Dundee Utd v Falkirk

Guest Back Post Misses

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, MrDust said:

QOS, Ayr and Hibs, Taiwo and Kerr were more than ok and thats been the only three games they have been together.

Please explain how we can keep the same team when there are injuries ?

The facts are, the players arent as consistent as they were last season and players will be dropped, there has not been one player who has shown 3/4 of the consistency of last season.

As for the defensive shouts, lets go back the dark days of 1 up top, two sitting midfielders we had from Elvis for 3 seasons

Injuries are one thing but Houston has constantly changed the side when there's no need. Replacing Leahy with Gallagher. Changing the centre mid constantly. Dropping Austin when he was in a rich vein of form and playing two below par strikers up front in stead. He's also chopped and changed the centre back pairing on a regular basis.  

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Injuries are one thing but Houston has constantly changed the side when there's no need. Replacing Leahy with Gallagher. Changing the centre mid constantly. Dropping Austin when he was in a rich vein of form and playing two below par strikers up front in stead. He's also chopped and changed the centre back pairing on a regular basis.  

A lot of the goals were coming from the left hand side, Leahy isnt as much as an attacking threat with Hippo in front, Gallacher came in a did well at first but with young players its dip toes. I dont see anything wrong with that. The majority of the season the centre mids have been Sibbs and Kerr, doesnt work for me.  Austin, see Gallacher and the centre halves have all went one step forward and two back for me, even with the current two in place.

If you think the players dropped have performed ala last season, then we obviously disagree but thats the reason for chopping and changing and the dynamics of the team has changed

42 minutes ago, MrDust said:

A lot of the goals were coming from the left hand side, Leahy isnt as much as an attacking threat with Hippo in front, Gallacher came in a did well at first but with young players its dip toes. I dont see anything wrong with that. The majority of the season the centre mids have been Sibbs and Kerr, doesnt work for me.  Austin, see Gallacher and the centre halves have all went one step forward and two back for me, even with the current two in place.

If you think the players dropped have performed ala last season, then we obviously disagree but thats the reason for chopping and changing and the dynamics of the team has changed

I didn't feel Leahy deserved to be dropped and we lost our way defensively during that part of the season. Why drop Austin when he's  playing well,scoring goals and McHugh and Baird are struggling. It doesn't make sense. I agree about sibbs and Kerr but we've also had taiwo and Kerr and sibbs and taiwo.  I honestly feel that Houston hasn't a Scooby what his strongest side is.

6 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I didn't feel Leahy deserved to be dropped and we lost our way defensively during that part of the season. Why drop Austin when he's  playing well,scoring goals and McHugh and Baird are struggling. It doesn't make sense. I agree about sibbs and Kerr but we've also had taiwo and Kerr and sibbs and taiwo.  I honestly feel that Houston hasn't a Scooby what his strongest side is.

We have lost our way defensively all season and at the time, we still are,  Leahy was dropped as the goals were coming down his side, where he wasnt attacking as much tells you there is a problem. Austins time will come, its his first season in this league, he should be playing today tho but Miller is still our best forward.

Mchugh and Baird isnt working, they are showing the same effectiveness of a utd forward line of one

Its a shitfest today, where you start to gamble and think Ohara pace might be an option 

Just now, MrDust said:

We have lost our way defensively all season and at the time, we still are,  Leahy was dropped as the goals were coming down his side, where he wasnt attacking as much tells you there is a problem. Austins time will come, its his first season in this league, he should be playing today tho but Miller is still our best forward.

Mchugh and Baird isnt working, they are showing the same effectiveness of a utd forward line of one

Its a shitfest today, where you start to gamble and think Ohara pace might be an option 

So why's Leahy back in the side now then? He's still got hippo in front of him as before. There was no need to drop him. Others were playing far worse. Austin showed enough in his few starts to be our no1 pick alongside probably miller no matter what age he is. 

4 minutes ago, Rizzo said:

Is Lee Miller injured? Part of me hopes so and that Houston hasn't left him out the squad for no good reason but most of me is sad at the prospect of him being injured.:bairn

Yes he's injured. 

Houston should get hunted if we lose this game. His team selection is right up there with Morton in the cup. Has he actually been told by the bod to start losing games in case we had a chance of promotion?

He just cacks it away from home. Plenty time left for an equaliser.

Archived