Hamilton Accies vs Ross County

Some decent performances yesterday, especially from Imrie, D'Acol and McMann. Time to shunt Crawford on to a more footballing side, as he can no longer be bothered with our kick and rush style of football. Despite all the continuous hype on accies twitter and accies world, Wee Docherty is absolutely mince and has been for a very long time. Canning badly needs to sort out the midfield, easily the weakest part of the team. In the meantime the midfield has to be Gogic, McKinnon, Donati, redmond or Imrie. How Adams gets a game before our own boys beggars belief- what exactly does Canning see in him? Other than that, still a chance of staying up!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Adams has barely played, he only came on because of the sending off. Docherty had his good moments like his great run down the wing late on. Important that even if they're not on top of their game that they put in a great shift, which he did. Dare I say it, Imrie now undroppable after last two performances.

I would have Docherty playing when fit to be fair, he might not be the most technically gifted but his determination is a valuable quality that is sorely missing in many other players in the squad. And as mentioned above he does have his moments where this leads to opportunities for us.

In general yesterday thought McMann was outstanding, he could have squared the ball after his lung bursting run but you can't really begrudge him going for glory after doing all the work himself. Good to see Dougie showing some good form again, particularly in the second half. I've been wanting him dropped all season but if this is the version of him we're going to see for the rest of the season I'm happy for him to stay in the starting lineup. 

Hopefully we'll see Templeton at Dens but I'm not holding my breath!

IMO we were in complete control until the red card and I think it was as soft a red as you're likely to get. As others have said McMann had a great game and Imrie has been a different player in the last two games. I think we reacted well to the red card and could have definitely added to our lead. In all I'd say a draw was the fair result and thankfully results around us went our way. Next week against Dundee is massive.

I've watched Adams since he first appeared in the under 20s a couple of months back, and I really think that he's of a lower standard than others in the squad. I suppose time shall tell, he may improve. The point I am making about Wee Docherty is that he doesn't live up to the Super-Star status given to him by his PR machine within the club and Accies forum. Of course I understand about the clubs ambition to sell on our best players, and I also understand the wee man's ambition to play for Rangers, but does all this misplaced adulation, press interviews etc not just give him a false perspective on how good he really is? Yes, the wee man runs about all over the place with plenty of energy, but look closer at the lower leagues, there are dozens of Wee Dochertys. Good luck to the wee guy, but I just don't like my club being so blatantly used. Looking forward to Dundee and might check out the under 20s to on Tuesday.

A fair point and a good day out.

I'm not sure the referee had that bad a game. The red card is maybe harsh but it was cynical so I wouldn't be complaining too much if it was a County player seeing red. A stonewaller turned down in the second half though when Gardyne was pushed over going for a header. 

Donati's goal was a good strike. Talking of which, Dow's effort that hit the bar was excellent. Shame it didn't sneak in. He had a good game so hopefully he kicks on from this one because I'm not a fan at the moment. Naismith is a good signing, VdW less so.

Accies are quite a cynical and dirty team but I like that. A cynical bunch of dirty c***s are a good thing in my book. Hope they stay up.

Overall: disappointing not to win but given other results a point is a good result. Next week is a write-off so onto the post-split fixtures now. 5-6 points should be enough?

9 hours ago, stepek 4 tellys said:

Your manager thinks it wasn't a sending off. The referee had a shocker, the worst i've seen all season and i mean that for both teams as i thought County had a great shout for a penalty when Donati pushed a county player in the box.

Our manager also plays Boyce in midfield.

Archived