This Weekend's Pointless Predictions 08+09/04/17

Haven't seen a prediction thread up for a while, thought it might be apt coming into the serious side of the season. So serious even players of the same team are having square goes. How will it go this weekend for your team or your rivals, has your manager who's squad has been utter mince this season reveal a plan b this weekend or will you see it as job done?

I'm sure Richie Foran at Inverness for example has a Plan B and has been fooling us all along trying to lull teams like County, Motherwell and Dundee into a false sense of security over the last few months. I see our one point gained on Dundee, County and Motherwell in the league so far since January and only losing 1-0 to Aberdeen is already pushing Dundee fans over the edge, implosion imminent in the Derry as the reality that they could yet again finish below us in the league. ;) Surely Hearts can't be that bad to drop points to Dundee?. Actually maybe Hartley is one manager with something smart up his sleeve and Dundee have been fooling us all along.???  St. Johnstone should finish no worse than 4th if Richie's Plan B doesn't work out tomorrow. Remarkable club St. Johnstone for the consistency they've shown and how they've not finished outside the top six since 2011.

What about Hamilton, the pack's 2nd best team at the moment. Everyone wants them down and expects them to go down but with the pack crawling along at snails pace points wise they just keep going and staying in touch, a win at home against County would have panic buttons being pressed and heads exploding everywhere among the others taking up the other 5 places, Killie aren't safe just yet.

Partick Thistle could confirm a top six place for the first time in recent history in their home game against Motherwell. I don't know if this is right but 1977 was the last time The Jags finished this high and it would not be beyond them to match that 5th the way they are going and the way Hearts are going too. Big game for Motherwell as well, have heard their performances have improved slightly of late.

I don't think anyone is predicting a shock at Celtic Park, but you never know given Celtic might have taken the foot of the gas winning the title. A win here for Kilmarnock might shock them more than it would Celtic.

And what of Sunday's match? Aberdeen should wrap up 2nd place with a win or a draw in everything but mathematics. Rangers seem to have given up on any league placing improvement and have no worries about being caught either so might give a couple of their fringe players a run out, protecting their key players for the semi final and with next season in mind.

Celtic 1-0 Kilmarnock

Hamilton 2-2 Ross County

Hearts 0-0 Dundee

Inverness CT 1-1 St. Johnstone

Partick Th 2-0 Motherwell

---------------------------------

Aberdeen 2-1 Rangers

That's my guff, what's your predictions and excuses?

26 minutes ago, CityDave said:

Aberdeen should wrap up 2nd place with a win or a draw in everything but mathematics. Rangers seem to have given up on any league placing improvement and have no worries about being caught either

If Rangers lose and St Johnstone win then the gap between third and fourth is three points. 

14 minutes ago, Menzel said:

If Rangers lose and St Johnstone win then the gap between third and fourth is three points. 

This is Rangers we are talking about, ....new club, old club, same no rear view mirror.....can't see what's sneaking up on them whether its St. Johnstone or the taxman. You should know that by now.

Celtic 4 Killie 0
Hamilton 1 Ross County 2
Hearts 2 Dundee 2
Inverness 0 St Johnstone 1
Thistle 1 Motherwell 1
Aberdeen 3 Rangers 0

Think Celtic won't have their foot off the gas as much as in midweek, County are fighting and I think they may get an away win at Accies, can see there being a lot of goals at Tynecastle....not sure who's going to score them mind you, Saint J to do the usual efficient job in the Highlands, shitfest at Firhill, and Rangers are awful, I can see Aberdeen running through them like a bad batch of Chinese seafood.

4 hours ago, CityDave said:

What about Hamilton, the pack's 2nd best team at the moment. Everyone wants them down and expects them to go down

I beg to differ, Sir.  Not quite everyone ....

Celtic 3-0 Kilmarnock

Hamilton 1-2 Ross County

Hearts 0-1 Dundee

Inverness CT 1-0 St. Johnstone

Partick Th 1-1 Motherwell

---------------------------------

Aberdeen 3-0 Rangers

4 hours ago, CityDave said:

This is Rangers we are talking about, ....new club, old club, same no rear view mirror.....can't see what's sneaking up on them whether its St. Johnstone or the taxman. You should know that by now.

Rangers are playing badly and have a terrible team. The fact that Rangers posters on here have categorised lower than 3rd as a 'disaster' should tell you they're terrified of slipping further #goingfor55 

Only two important games this weekend, I'm going for:

Partick 0 - 1 Motherwell

Celtic 4 - 4 Kilmarnock

Which will - of course - set up a magnificent weekend next, with the following results:

Dogs anus 0 - 1 Partick

Kilmarnock 16 - 0 Hearts

Which of course means Partick scrape by into the top six by a goal difference of 1. ^_^

In other news:

Aberdeen 5 - 0 Disillusioned FC

Only two important games this weekend, I'm going for:
Partick 0 - 1 Motherwell
Celtic 4 - 4 Kilmarnock
Which will - of course - set up a magnificent weekend next, with the following results:
Dogs anus 0 - 1 Partick
Kilmarnock 16 - 0 Hearts
Which of course means Partick scrape by into the top six by a goal difference of 1. [emoji5]
In other news:
Aberdeen 5 - 0 Disillusioned FC

You haven't thought this through.

Archived