Montrose v Forfar

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

It's a horror regardless of what it is. Boys obviously a bit of a hipster w**k. 

Ach, it was a leather waistcoat/leather undercrackers combo. Nice tae know that Gok Wan is alive and well in Sunny Ayrshire. A "hipster" at my size? Dinnae think so.

Be an interesting game.  If we play as we did in the 1st half last week at Elgin then I'd be worried however play as we did in the 2nd half and as we did against Edinburgh then it's a home win.  Have to start with Kerr Hay and Matty Smith and just go for it. 
Fleming 
Ballantyne Bolo Allen Steeves
Hay Masson Watson Ferguson
Templeman Smith
Throw in a pile abuse towards Grant Adam and see how long it takes him to bite.

Adam will hopefully have learnt his lesson from the Clyde game.

A few thoughts for Montrose to ponder over:

• Beating Forfar keeps your hopes of making the playoffs alive
  • Two of your main rivals for a playoff spot are Elgin & Stirling
  • Arbroath play Elgin & Stirling in our last two games
  • Arbroath have already qualified for the playoffs. We only need points if we are still in with a shout of the title.

I'm sure you see where I'm going here. You scratch our backs...

Hat tricks from Bolo, Steeves, Watson, Sanny, Yano, Gary Fraser and Kerr Hay as well as a double hat trick of own goals from Grant Adam in a routine 27-0 Montrose victory as Lord Petrie continues our canter towards League 1 please.

Or 1-0 with a deflected mishit will do

On 11 April 2017 at 23:00, victormeldrew said:

Must go with the 11 that started against Stirling Albion. Probably the best team performance since we beat Arbroath and yes that means Travis at RB and Munro and ToB in CD.

Don't like to say I told you so but !!!

Guest bernardblack

How was the game?

That Edinburgh goal was absolutely colossal! Huge game on Saturday. Hopefully we can keep goodwillie quiet

I've been a supporter of GB this season as the football we've generally played or tried to play has been so much better than the last couple of DC seasons but that effort today was like 3 steps back.
Hoof ball from every player on the park.
Overheard some other Forfar fans in the first half say that Montrose's tactics were better than ours and I'm thinking "wtf are our tactics?"
This tinkering with players' positions has got to stop too. If GB wants to bring back TOB at centre half, then go the whole way and take Travis or Munro out, don't drop Bain and move Travis out wide. I'd have Travis in at centre half every week but no way would I put him ahead of Bain at right back. Likewise Coxy. If you want to put him straight back in the team, drop Peters or Lister, don't put him out wide where he is nowhere near as effective.
Malone, who has been quite good of late, was having a stinker and sitting on a yellow, how he lasted till 84 mins is beyond me.
What was Munro doing at the goal? He must have travelled about 60 yards back with the ball, dragging both teams with him...just get the ball out ffs.
Won't go through the rest of the team...

Just now, dee_62 said:

I've been a supporter of GB this season as the football we've generally played or tried to play has been so much better than the last couple of DC seasons but that effort today was like 3 steps back.
Hoof ball from every player on the park.
Overheard some other Forfar fans in the first half say that Montrose's tactics were better than ours and I'm thinking "wtf are our tactics?"
This tinkering with players' positions has got to stop too. If GB wants to bring back TOB at centre half, then go the whole way and take Travis or Munro out, don't drop Bain and move Travis out wide. I'd have Travis in at centre half every week but no way would I put him ahead of Bain at right back. Likewise Coxy. If you want to put him straight back in the team, drop Peters or Lister, don't put him out wide where he is nowhere near as effective.
Malone, who has been quite good of late, was having a stinker and sitting on a yellow, how he lasted till 84 mins is beyond me.
What was Munro doing at the goal? He must have travelled about 60 yards back with the ball, dragging both teams with him...just get the ball out ffs.
Won't go through the rest of the team...

Spot on. I'm a Bollan fan but that was grim. We could've huffed and puffed all night and done nothing. Travis isn't a right back, Cox isn't a winger, Munro is a junior.

Chasing the game he subs Danny, sticks with his rigid formation and leaves on hatchet man Malone who was yards off the pace!!??

What a job Petrie is doing with a really limited squad.

Arrived late and missed the goal. Some decent play from Montrose and certainly lots of pressure from Forfar in the second half. It got a bit frantic end to end in the final 15. Had the joy of standing next to an incredibly vocal Forfar fan second half who was absolutely incoherent with rage aimed at pretty much the entire Forfar squad and management team. Made up a little for missing the goal.

I think four points from Berwick and Clyde, and a win away at Annan and we'll sneak into playoffs. It's disappointing looking back at the results from the first half of our season and seeing the many games we lost.

Archived