The Famous Aberdeen European Tour 17/18

NorthernLights

Is that the "every 5 minute" updates?

Pretty much. Almost no information about what's happening, just digs at Scottish football and talk about how Aberdeen should be getting a few more.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As I said, 1-1 is a perfectly fine first leg result at home. For some reason these teams play worse at home.

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

As I said, 1-1 is a perfectly fine first leg result at home. For some reason these teams play worse at home.

at 1-1 you're caught in two minds. Shut up shop, because as it stands you're through, or go for another and risk losing your away goal advantage. Its not ideal, but its certainly not the  end of the world. 

Well that was poor. They don't look anything great but we are almost lucky to get away with it only being 1-1. Referee was atrocious, GMS really didn't impress me, we probably should have had a penalty. I think we will be better in the second leg. New team and all that.

Guest Bob Mahelp

Ach well. Not a great surprise tbh, given how poorly we've performed in our first tie over the last couple of seasons. 

We looked like what we are, a bunch of guys in red shirts meeting each other for the first time. 

Being seeded has been a bit of a curse. Simply meant we missed a tie against an 'easier' team and have been thrown up against a tidy, organised side.

This team will think the tie is won already. I believe we'll be better next Thursday.

How did that home draw work out for St Johnstone in the previous round?

We lost the first leg. The last couple of times we've made it through its been by drawing the home leg. It's rare for a non Celtic Scottish team to not concede at home, and rare for them to score more than one away.

Archived