THE LAST HIGHLAND DERBY (maybe)

When I worked in Inverness there were quite a few County fans but all of them had moved to Inverness from Dingwall, Alness, Invergordon etc.

That reminds me of the 2 (two) County fans I've met who would rather be homeless in Inverness than live in a £3,000,000 condo in Dingwall.

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Mon the Inverness!!!!!!!!*

*Just to keep it interesting no offence county fans.

You've done it now.  Next time Arbroath play County you'll end up being hemmed in by theri fearsome casuals who will do the staggie at you until you beg for mercy.

34 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Sorry. Bad use of internet. I don't think Ross County's commercial team is much better.

From experience, they're significantly better. Not as good as they used to be though granted.

1 hour ago, CountyFan said:

Probably a bit of both to be fair. 

It goes both ways, there are folk from over the bridge who support Caley but there's a fair number of county fans based in Inverness. 

It's was always the case.  I was born in Dingwall and brought up in the Black Isle but the first match I ever attended was at Telford Street in 1968, and from the minute I walked into that ground, there was never any doubt about the team I would support.  It was Caley for me.  

41 minutes ago, PRS said:

It's was always the case.  I was born in Dingwall and brought up in the Black Isle but the first match I ever attended was at Telford Street in 1968, and from the minute I walked into that ground, there was never any doubt about the team I would support.  It was Caley for me.  

Dead

2 hours ago, Spain said:

ICT's old commercial team back when they used to evict sponsors from their corporate boxes and offer them no alternative sponsorship deals. I'll tell you the story sometime.

Edit: This was back when they first got promoted to the SPL.

I think there's still a good case that the media/commercial side to the club is absolutely rubbish.  The general marketing the club does is through the Twitter and Facebook pages and even then is often cringeworthy attention-seeking guff like 'commentary' on Eurovision or the Super Bowl!  We had a fantastic opportunity to start afresh after we won the Scottish Cup but the club was so so complacent.  I even heard one fan say the club shouldn't need to do anything towards advertising as winning the cup should be enough....I mean good grief!  I recollect as well (I think it was last season), the club didn't even advertise that tickets for a Highland Derby in Dingwall were on sale as ICT get no money for away games.

We often hear that the town doesn't love the club, but the club seems to have a very laissez faire attitude towards the town as well.  These next five games are the biggest games in our history and the club could be going all out to rally the support but nothing.  Sometimes you've got to wonder if the club want to get any bigger and I'm increasingly veering to the belief that they don't.

No idea how this will go tonight.

Massive game for both clubs but more for ICT, lose and they're surely doomed.

Obviously Davies out is a huge blow.

Presumably Woods will start again, O'Brien and Dow have been impressive recently and should both start also. Routis has been terrible in a few games. 

Wouldn't be too disappointed with a draw, unless it's a dodgy late equaliser.

45 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

There's a crash near the Longman roundabout, tailbacks apparently.

Could be an even bigger one taking place shortly - just about 15 miles up the road.

ETA.... 15 minute delay confirmed.

Draper and Billy Mackay on bench, Fon Williams not even on the bench so I presume injured?
Not an inspiring lineup but that's par for the course for us these days with Foran.
Need a big game from Mulraney and Fisher If we are to stand a chance. Mon tae f**k ICT, three points please.

Archived