Morton v Ayr utd

I have to say I do actually share your contempt for the 'bitten your hand off' cliche. 
A lot of the support probably realise your team have done as much as they possibly could, and have maybe just run out of steam.

If they'd been in a similar position and lost to the likes of Falkirk and Dundee United, that would be accepted. But we've played St Mirren, Ayr, Dumbarton, Raith and Dunfermline as well as Hibs twice. In that run we've managed to draw twice with the best team in the league and Ayr, the bottom club. The rest were all defeats.

It's hard to accept the "done more than they possibly could" explanation with results like that, especially when we've rarely looked like winning any of them.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
33 minutes ago, 1nickydevlin said:

God I wish I could moan about being in a promotion play off place think yoursels lucky morton ....best of luck btw ...enjoyed the coo shed ..don't see it lasting long as that advertising divider thing didnt really do its job when ayr scored

I was in the stand and it was pretty funny watching both sets of fans 'trying' to get to each other and one Ayr fan just running through the divider. Stewards looked as if they were getting rag dolled during the madness as well. 

37 minutes ago, Mr.Blue said:

I was in the stand and it was pretty funny watching both sets of fans 'trying' to get to each other and one Ayr fan just running through the divider. Stewards looked as if they were getting rag dolled during the madness as well. 

I was standing about ten yards from the barrier, there were a few young kids who were standing right next to it and absolutely shat it when Ayr scored and a few of their fans looked like they were coming over. Can see there being extra police and stewards for the next game, maybe even having an extra section taped off to ensure the home fans aren't standing right next to it.

7 hours ago, ftk said:

Ayr and killie could merge? Play games at Ayrshire's county town of Ayr. Call the club Ayrshire United (Ayr Utd for short) emoji4.png

You've already tried that between Ayr and Ayr Parkhouse, haven't you? After 107 years of winning absolutely f*ck all since, what makes you think another merger will sort things?

Decent highlights from the game there. Forgot about the chance we had cleared off the line in the first half.

Forbes has been blowing out his arse for a few weeks now and Duffy needs to drop him and allow him time to recharge his batteries in time for the play off's. Nesbitt is one of the most frustrating player I have seen in a Morton shirt, you can see he has the pace and the ability but his final decision making is always really poor.

If we had a real centre forward like Quitongo instead of that abysmal carthorse Shankland then we'd have been three or four goals to the good by half-time. We weren't exactly terrific in that half, but Ayr's defence for some reason kept playing our forwards onside at every opportunity, but he kept missing the target.

We then reverted to our recent level of performance in the second half and the only team that vaguely threatened to score a winner was Ayr. Two gubbins teams though.

8 hours ago, wuffster said:

We really had enough chances to score 5 or 6 yesterday. Although to be fair Ayr had a few opportunities in the second half themselves. The forwards really need to sharpen up and find some form over the next few weeks.

Also can't understand why both Lamie and O'Ware allowed Moore so much time at the goal.

You've already tried that between Ayr and Ayr Parkhouse, haven't you? After 107 years of winning absolutely f*ck all since, what makes you think another merger will sort things?

It was a joke. The squirrel loving vermin from up the road wouldn't be welcome in Ayr on a regular basis.

8 hours ago, Toby said:

Scotland's original franchise club. Merge two failing clubs to create a powerhouse to dominate the Scottish game: continue to fail and win f**k all for more than a century.

Scotland's original franchise club. Merge two failing clubs to create a powerhouse to dominate the Scottish game: continue to fail and win f**k all for more than a century.

My great grandfather played for parkhouse. I've got a cool gold medal he won at some final or other.

Anyway, carry on.

Or just merge the town's teams as Ayr isn't big enough to have 2 teams. It was over 100 years ago ffs get over it!

I thought Oliver played well today and was back to his old self. If scullion wasn't injured he would have been in with a good shout for a start. 

Agreed. He just looks on a different wavelength from those around him. Held the ball up superbly yesterday and a few great turns, just needs a hand.

Archived