Polling: 2017 General Election, Council Elections and Independence

I think Labour's current Brexit stance is the best one, and it's not a stick you can use here. As Corbyn himself said, it's not rocket science. It's not hard to figure and it's only idiots who say it is.

Probably. Unfortunately Corbyn's a plantpot with all the delivery of Chris Iwelumo from 2 yards out.

52 minutes ago, Andrew Wells said:

I think Labour's current Brexit stance is the best one, and it's not a stick you can use here. As Corbyn himself said, it's not rocket science. It's not hard to figure and it's only idiots who say it is.

I totally disagree.  There is little evidence I have seen to support the view that the majority of Labour voters in Leave constituencies are predominantly Leave voters.  Quite the reverse.

Labour should be focussing on their core support in such constituencies and be trying to convince those Labour voters who do support Leave that there are wider issues at stake.

For example, “Johnson has supported every austerity measure since his re-election to Parliament, he is also a proven liar, why should you trust him now when he says he will increase public spending?”

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

They've got the soundest and most straightforward policy of any party, negotiate a better deal with a customs union and close alignment with the single market, and offer it next to remain in a confirmatory referendum.  

There policy on Brexit has been 3 and a half years of fudge, chaos and u-turns. Even today, they seem unsure what their policy on free movement is. They manage to piss of both sides. 

4 minutes ago, Granny Danger said:

I totally disagree.  There is little evidence I have seen to support the view that the majority of Labour voters in Leave constituencies are predominantly Leave voters.  Quite the reverse.

Labour should be focussing on their core support in such constituencies and be trying to convince those Labour voters who do support Leave that there are wider issues at stake.

For example, “Johnson has supported every austerity measure since his re-election to Parliament, he is also a proven liar, why should you trust him now when he says he will increase public spending?”

I get where you're going here, but that isn't going to win any election in December, as much as I'd like it to. Brexit is the thing, and a very basic policy is the best way to go. He's respecting the result but also giving the chance of a remain. Which is more than he did during the referendum debate itself. It keeps Brexiters on board, which I think he has to do.

I'd rather we just sack the whole thing but that's not an option, and ultimately, that's what this election is about. In Scotland it's about something else and we all know that. But everywhere else, he needs to walk a line.

10 minutes ago, Andrew Wells said:

I get where you're going here, but that isn't going to win any election in December, as much as I'd like it to. Brexit is the thing, and a very basic policy is the best way to go. He's respecting the result but also giving the chance of a remain. Which is more than he did during the referendum debate itself. It keeps Brexiters on board, which I think he has to do.

I'd rather we just sack the whole thing but that's not an option, and ultimately, that's what this election is about. In Scotland it's about something else and we all know that. But everywhere else, he needs to walk a line.

Sorry, but here in NW England, in what have always been Labour strongholds, I get the distinct impression that many, if not most of the electorate, will be voting for the Brexit Party.

6 minutes ago, Andrew Wells said:

It keeps Brexiters on board, which I think he has to do.

It was designed to keep the clique of Bennite leavers running the party happy with a compromise of a referendum sometime to the overwhelmingly antiBrexit, Europhile party and its base. 

What evidence do you have that it has kept Brexiters "on board"?

1 minute ago, dorlomin said:

It was designed to keep the clique of Bennite leavers running the party happy with a compromise of a referendum sometime to the overwhelmingly antiBrexit, Europhile party and its base. 

Admittedly none. I'm going on guesswork here.

Always calling for sources, eh?

How did you respond to the brexit referendum, the 2017 election and the US presidential one that proved pollsters are as confused as anyone?

And would you admit that your take on almost every issue is a centre right one? (The question you ignored on the Corbyn thread the other night)

Make believe fairy tales are likely much more comforting to intellectual pygmies like you. 
Now just random abuse.

You hide behind carefully constructed arguments and use the - 'where's the evidence' line to hide behind.

Are you willing to answer the question? It's a relatively simple one, especially for an intellectual giant like yourself. No need for sources, just an honest and genuine opinion.

2 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

You pick and choose your evidence, one that suits your narrative.

I have evidence. That puts me way ahead of most on here. 

, but I don't think I've seen you approach any issue with an open mind in any of these threads.

By "open minded" you mean agreeing with you. 

This is supposed to be a thread about polling and here you are getting your knickers in a twist about people asking for evidence. 

By "open minded" you mean agreeing with you. 
This is supposed to be a thread about polling and here you are getting your knickers in a twist about people asking for evidence. 

You're clearly avoiding my genuine question do I'm done now, as my bath is ready (old school Sunday night bath).

And I certainly don't mean 'agreeing with me'. I'm just pointing out your closed-minded approach on these threads.

Have a nice evening (bath or no bath).

On 14/11/2019 at 22:31, Ludo*1 said:

So are the SNP looking set for a dominant result? Not really been paying attention.

Impossible to say. 

The last Scotland only poll was over a month ago and included Brexit and Greens.

My  predictions:

Labour are fucked. Will hang into Ian Murray and thats it.

There will be no Tory wipeout. They will hold up to 10.

The SNP will win handily and make gains but the total wont start with a 5

4 hours ago, welshbairn said:

They've got the soundest and most straightforward policy of any party, negotiate a better deal with a customs union and close alignment with the single market, and offer it next to remain in a confirmatory referendum.  

Seriously?

Are you a paid employee of the Labour Party?