Polling: 2017 General Election, Council Elections and Independence

1 minute ago, lichtgilphead said:

Well done you! Are you sure you spent "X" correctly?

I suspect that your real motive for posting was that Britain Elects reported it as "CON gain", which is an extremely misleading description in a multi-member ward. 

However, you're welcome to clutch at any straws you can.

You're so aggressive my guy. 

I obviously posted it as a positive Unionist result whilst referencing that I voted in that election. Is that clutching a straw? 

Just now, Anonapersona said:

You just proved my point.

Where do I say I want a world war?

Where the f**k have I ever said you wanted a world war? 😂

You literally just accused me of accusing you of wanting a world war, I then said that didnt happen and that I recall you saying that I wanted a world war over Brexit or some stupid shit and I've just posted receipts of that interaction which proves my recollection to be better than yours. 

It's right in front of you in 4K. 

Oh my god this is actually double awkward now. As I said at the time your comprehension could be the issue here. 

I hope everyone took note of how he didn't post the post before that. Context is important 😂

Thanks for the entertainment  but case closed...

On 02/02/2021 at 12:22, Stormzy said:

Is this you imaging me wanting a world war with Japan again or something? 

On 02/02/2021 at 12:24, Anonapersona said:

You'll have to dig up the post where I said that.

Piss poor attempt on the deflection though.

On 02/02/2021 at 12:28, Stormzy said:

Canzuk thread you made some joke about wanting to start a world war or something. 

What am I deflecting from? Are you seriously upset I made light of someone's facebook type post? I thought you were joking because if not that's petty beyond magnitude. 

2 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

Oh my god this is actually double awkward now. As I said at the time your comprehension could be the issue here. 

I hope everyone took note of how he didn't post the post before that. Context is important 😂

Thanks for the entertainment  but case closed...

Jesus, you're seriously damaged goods. You can't even see how monumentally thick you are.

2 minutes ago, Anonapersona said:

Jesus, you're seriously damaged goods. You can't even see how monumentally thick you are.

That's an interesting way of saying "I clearly misread the above posts that prove me wrong" 

39 minutes ago, Anonapersona said:

No dude, there's something unhinged about you. I don't think you realize it.

Whether I'm unhinged or not has little relevance to the fact that you've been demonstrably proved incorrect about what you accused me of rather embarrassingly so. 

1 hour ago, Stormzy said:

I obviously posted it as a positive Unionist result whilst referencing that I voted in that election. Is that clutching a straw? 

4.4% swing from CON to SNP  is "a positive Unionist result" in Stormzy's opinion!

If that result was replicated in the constituency vote in May, the Tories would lose 6 of the 7 constituency seats they won in 2016. That would be a real positive result.

1 minute ago, lichtgilphead said:

4.4% swing from CON to SNP  is "a positive Unionist result" in Stormzy's opinion!

If that result was replicated in the constituency vote in May, the Tories would lose 6 of the 7 constituency seats they won in 2016. That would be a real positive result.

A literal Conservative councillor won the election. It's fair to say that's positive if you voted for the person hoping they would win. 

3 minutes ago, Stormzy said:

A literal Conservative councillor won the election. It's fair to say that's positive if you voted for the person hoping they would win. 

In football terms, that's like saying that Rangers beating Fort William 1-0 at a packed Ibrox through a hotly disputed 97th minute penalty is a "positive result". You know & I know that they would be booed off the park.

Keep putting a brave face on things though.

13 minutes ago, lichtgilphead said:

In football terms, that's like saying that Rangers beating Fort William 1-0 at a packed Ibrox through a hotly disputed 97th minute penalty is a "positive result". You know & I know that they would be booed off the park.

Keep putting a brave face on things though.

State of that. 😂

12 hours ago, dirty dingus said:
Can we trust the polls?

Why does recent YouGov polling the Tories love show the strong Yes region of Glasgow sample (106), much smaller than the one for No majority region of Southern Scotland (178), yet it has more than twice the electorate? Might not this artificially boost the Unionists' polling?

Absolutely nothing should ever be read into any sub-samples. They are not weighted and there is no attempt to balance the sub-sample. Only the headline contains weighted figures.

There's a nice wee section here on why: http://ballotbox.scot/a-brief-guide-to-polling 

16 hours ago, SandyCromarty said:

On the Rangers thing, I saw plenty banners with 55 on them, does this refer that they have won  55 titles? as I thought the old Rangers went into liquidation and sevco was born and they haven't won 55 titles in the last ten years.

Please believe this is a genuine question and I definately do not want to stir shite on this thread, but can the old titles be transferred to the new Rangers?

Serious answer?

The current Rangers owns the intellectual property of the old Rangers - name, badge, goodwill (lol), that kind of thing. They bought that from the Administrator of the old Rangers. But they don't own the league membership of the old Rangers - that was dissolved and the current Rangers has a brand new membership of both the SPFL and the SFA. That's why they didn't have voting rights at first, because they were a completely new member. I don't think they could have played in Europe in their first three years either, had they been remotely good enough to be competitive in the Scottish Cup.

So technically, no, the old titles belong to a league member that doesn't exist any more. Those who believe otherwise must logically believe that Clydebank's old honours belong to Airdrie, because that's the same league membership.

That said, I don't believe in football clubs being defined by pieces of paper at Companies House or in an SPFL filing cabinet. I believe what defines a football club rests with its fans, even if they are a sweaty hoard of bigoted dimwitted clones. 

ETA - that sound you can hear is Stormzy racing across his wankdungeon to red dot this so fast that he would be in serious danger of pulling a muscle if his wrist wasn't already so well warmed up.

Edited by GordonS