Polling: 2017 General Election, Council Elections and Independence

Guest Bob Mahelp
6 hours ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

Hardly surprising, considering the civil war currently raging within the SNP.

Any news editor would be salivating at such a story.

I suspect that the vaccine has changed the way a few will think. I reckon it's that more than the Salmond fall out that is influencing the polls. 

5 hours ago, Bob Mahelp said:

I suspect that the vaccine has changed the way a few will think. I reckon it's that more than the Salmond fall out that is influencing the polls. 

Those most likely to be swayed by the Salmond thing are the same people not paying the slightest bit of interest in the thing.

According to the BBC report the alleged incident happened in 2016.  It would be interesting to know when the complainant first made the complaint; I would also be interested in why it is just being made public.

The SNP have had hundreds  of elected members now for a number of years.  Bound to be a few whoppers in there.  SNP have for years been fairly scandal free, to their credit.

Victims of their own success and haven't quite managed to get where they want to be before the fall.

People were making out a majority was a foregone conclusion months ago, was always an uphill struggle.  

Sexual deviants love a bit of politics, probably as it's relatively easy to get in to, and comes with a certain amount of power that can be used to abuse their position with people who're unlikely to complain.

I reckon, if we did a league table of abusers (and why would you not), all the parties would come out fairly even. The Liberals used to be notorious as the home of deviancy, the Tories lost elections because they couldn't keep their pants on, the SNP have obviously had a few high-profile cases...can't think of many Labour, but no doubt they're out there. There was that bizarre thing where they briefly gave legitimacy to the Paedophile Information Exchange in the '80s, which is never a good look.

4 minutes ago, BFTD said:

Sexual deviants love a bit of politics, probably as it's relatively easy to get in to, and comes with a certain amount of power that can be used to abuse their position with people who're unlikely to complain.

I reckon, if we did a league table of abusers (and why would you not), all the parties would come out fairly even. The Liberals used to be notorious as the home of deviancy, the Tories lost elections because they couldn't keep their pants on, the SNP have obviously had a few high-profile cases...can't think of many Labour, but no doubt they're out there. There was that bizarre thing where they briefly gave legitimacy to the Paedophile Information Exchange in the '80s, which is never a good look.

P.I.E.- Harriet Harman  was high profile in that.

1 minute ago, Dawson Park Boy said:

P.I.E.- Harriet Harman  was high profile in that.

I never quite established what the thinking was there.

Harriet Harman is something of an enigma. Got the impression that she'd go along with anything if it might help her career back in the day, but even in the early Eighties, establishing rights for paedophiles to abuse children seems like it would've been something to avoid like a falling piano.