Polling: 2017 General Election, Council Elections and Independence

Independent candidate was pro indy
Quick look at the pro-indy independent candidate's Twitter shows he seems to be part of the Salmond/Cherry/AFI/ISP crowd.

As the SNP candidate who ran is part of the YSI/trans ally crowd who members of that faction seem to dislike I'd guess that may be why he ran against her.

Seems to have worked for him if that's the case as his votes have effectively handed the seat to Labour.

5 hours ago, Gordon EF said:

I think folk are mainly following the polls that suggest that the SNP will likely fall just short or or just achieve a majority but it'll undoubtedly be an SNP win. I don't see the SNP increasing their share of the vote significantly in a tiny council by-election has any real significance on that at all.

You fail to see a significant vote increase in any election by the Scottish National Party the largest political party in Scotland?

Deluded unionist.

3 hours ago, Gordon EF said:

SNP don't win in part of Lanarkshire where folk vandalise Subways and refuse to recognise the green light on traffic signals shocker.

But the SNP  do win throughout Scotland in the 2016 Elections returning 59 First Past The Post MSP's with 4 List.

How much did the tories have First Past the Post?

10 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

You fail to see a significant vote increase in any election by the Scottish National Party the largest political party in Scotland?

Deluded unionist.

7 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

But the SNP  do win throughout Scotland in the 2016 Elections returning 59 First Past The Post MSP's with 4 List.

Did you read either of they posts? Your responses make absolutely no sense.

11 minutes ago, SandyCromarty said:

I think you've completely misread my posts pal.

3 hours ago, cdisaaccie said:

Quick look at the pro-indy independent candidate's Twitter shows he seems to be part of the Salmond/Cherry/AFI/ISP crowd.

As the SNP candidate who ran is part of the YSI/trans ally crowd who members of that faction seem to dislike I'd guess that may be why he ran against her.

Seems to have worked for him if that's the case as his votes have effectively handed the seat to Labour.

The most laughable part of this being that Labour are every bit as pro-GRA reform, Transwomen are women, as the SNP folk that the ISP crowd and their GC cheerleaders claim are a danger to western civilisation.

4 hours ago, John Lambies Doos said:
4 hours ago, Baxter Parp said:
Imagine a set of these "indy" candidates and the damage they could do in the next Scottish Election.

Absolutely, but it wont happen

Mm. If they're organised they could wreck some high profile seats.  Big if, but they could.

Theres a few notable crackpots running as alternative indy types, one guy who popped up before having to block him on twitter was Michael Keatings, strikes me as desperately starved of attention and devastated to not cut the mustard as an SNP candidate (which says a lot considering the low bar of the list candidates this year).

If WINGS Scotland or any other "extremist" Indy group was to put up candidates just to stop SNP getting a majority, they would literally face backlash from from 90% of Indy movement.

Now they are so pig headed and thick skinned they might. I cannot see AS or even Joanne Cherry getting involved at this stage. I think they are too smart to make a move that if worked ended with Pro Unionist majority would make the Pariah's amongst YES voters.

I think you may see something after the election though and especially if SNP don't start making push for Indy by start of next year.