Polling: 2017 General Election, Council Elections and Independence

Also there are big regional variations in the voting. The tables for the ASurvatjon Scotland poll have Labour on 6% in the Highlands and Islands, which is extremely low. Mid Scotland and Fife has Labour leading the SNP, with the SNP top in every other region. The Lib Dems are at 31% in the Highlands and Islands but barely break 5% elsewhere in Scotland.

People can't be shocked that people are voting for the Tories. It's a unionist vote, a number of the idiots at my work have cited that as a reason for their postal vote. When I put them under pressure asking why and if there are any other reasons other than "keeping the nationalists out" they get flustered and leave. It's embarrassing.

2 hours ago, ICTChris said:

Also there are big regional variations in the voting. The tables for the ASurvatjon Scotland poll have Labour on 6% in the Highlands and Islands, which is extremely low. Mid Scotland and Fife has Labour leading the SNP, with the SNP top in every other region. The Lib Dems are at 31% in the Highlands and Islands but barely break 5% elsewhere in Scotland.

Thankfully Jean Davis, the arsehole, will still be miles behind Ian Blackford. She keeps using Charles Kennedy on her election material.

1 hour ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

Thankfully Jean Davis, the arsehole, will still be miles behind Ian Blackford. She keeps using Charles Kennedy on her election material.

She ain't half as bad as the Tory Robert Mackenzie, the word snowflake was invented for that guy. 

Ian should increase his majority come Friday morning.....hopefully. 

4 hours ago, ICTChris said:

For what it's worth, 6% in my patch (Ross, Skye and Lochaber) for Labour, more or less matches up with local canvassing numbers. Their candidate is a joke and they have very little supporter base.

10 hours ago, Big Fifer said:

People can't be shocked that people are voting for the Tories. It's a unionist vote, a number of the idiots at my work have cited that as a reason for their postal vote. When I put them under pressure asking why and if there are any other reasons other than "keeping the nationalists out" they get flustered and leave. It's embarrassing.

I'm not shocked.

That's exactly what I'm doing.. I've always voted Labour wherever I've lived in the UK  and for the first time I'm voting Tory. 

Nothing to do with policies but purely based on the fact that Sturgeon has made it about Independence and May has made it about Brexit.

On both issues the Tories come out on top. 

Also ....I think the SNP are disingenuous . I think their 'progressiveness' is a cloak that will be cast aside if they ever achieve Indy. They can't run Scotland effectively now . The free prescriptions/ tuition fees etc   are mere  bribes that will be clawed back when the reality of the Scottish National Deficit becomes our responsibility. The words and actions of their activists show the true nature of their prejudiced and exclusivist Nationalism.  Just like your antipathy towards your work colleagues. Absolutely no tolerance or acceptance of their democratic right to hold a different opinion to you. The fact they don't wish to discuss the matter with you says a lot more about YOU than it does about them. They probably think you're a tedious Nationalist C*nt!

I'm not shocked.
That's exactly what I'm doing.. I've always voted Labour wherever I've lived in the UK  and for the first time I'm voting Tory. 
Nothing to do with policies but purely based on the fact that Sturgeon has made it about Independence and May has made it about Brexit.
Also ....I think the SNP are disingenuous . I think their 'progressiveness' is a cloak that will be cast aside if they ever achieve Indy. They can't run Scotland effectively now . The free prescriptions/ tuition fees etc   are mere  bribes that will be clawed back when the reality of the Scottish National Deficit becomes our responsibility. The words and actions of their activists show the true nature of their prejudiced and exclusivist Nationalism.  Just like your antipathy towards your work colleagues. Absolutely no tolerance or acceptance of their democratic right to hold a different opinion to you. The fact they don't wish to discuss the matter with you says a lot more about YOU than it does about them. They probably think you're a tedious Nationalist C*nt!

I'd've thought by now you'd've realised that no-one here cares what you think, even your other trolling mates. The irony in your last sentence is staggering.

2 minutes ago, Cyclizine said:

I'd've thought by now you'd've realised that no-one here cares what you think, even your other trolling mates. The irony in your last sentence is staggering.

I'm only guessing what his colleagues think and offering him a reason as to why they won't engage with him. From my experiences on P&B I would suggest that's a reasonable guess and an opportunity on his part for self improvement.

It bothers me not that you care less for my opinions or observations........At least you don't have to work with me!

Condems Nationalists in his post. Intends to vote for more British people dying unnecessarily due to Tory cuts for the sake of British Nationalism. How patriotic.

7 minutes ago, DrewDon said:

The full quote was ' They PROBABLY THINK you're a tedious Nationalist c*nt. 

By leaving out the first 3 words you are taking the quote out of context.  I was offering a theory to his complaint that his work colleagues were ignoring his efforts to engage in political discourse.  I wasn't actually calling him a tedious Nationalist c*nt myself but would be interested to know if he thinks I've got close to the truth at all.

Glad to help!

2 minutes ago, t1t3h said:

Condems Nationalists in his post. Intends to vote for more British people dying unnecessarily due to Tory cuts for the sake of British Nationalism. How patriotic.

Poor you ! How deluded!

32 minutes ago, McSpreader said:

I'm not shocked.

Your post was actually pretty reasonable until you started talking about me, someone who you've never met and have know not a single thing about. I'm not a nationalist, I was a soft yes during indyref but I'm right down the middle at the moment as I see someone that is left leaning enough for me to be convinced that the UK holds something for me. The reason I voted yes last time was because I felt the political differences between Scotland and rUK were so large that is seemed like a good idea.
I accept their decision to vote conservative but it doesn't mean I can't disagree with it. To simply vote for a party because of their own "UK nationalism" stinks for me. I'm still a student but I work pretty full time and work in a sector that's heavily unionised, trying to explain why I think a Tory vote is a mistake got me no answers other than "er yeah but Britain". I disagree with that, an I similarly am not a fan of people voting for the SNP simply because of independence. I don't really like the SNP, I don't think their record is very good in power, and I'm desperately struggling for who to vote for in my SNP/Tory marginal constituency.

25 minutes ago, McSpreader said:

I'm only guessing what his colleagues think and offering him a reason as to why they won't engage with him. From my experiences on P&B I would suggest that's a reasonable guess and an opportunity on his part for self improvement.

It bothers me not that you care less for my opinions or observations........At least you don't have to work with me!

You're quite the messiah. As I said, I'm not a die hard nationalist as you seem to have judged based on one post.

20 minutes ago, McSpreader said:

The full quote was ' They PROBABLY THINK you're a tedious Nationalist c*nt. 

By leaving out the first 3 words you are taking the quote out of context.  I was offering a theory to his complaint that his work colleagues were ignoring his efforts to engage in political discourse.  I wasn't actually calling him a tedious Nationalist c*nt myself but would be interested to know if he thinks I've got close to the truth at all.

Glad to help!

No I don't.

19 minutes ago, Big Fifer said:

Your post was actually pretty reasonable until you started talking about me, someone who you've never met and have know not a single thing about. I'm not a nationalist, I was a soft yes during indyref but I'm right down the middle at the moment as I see someone that is left leaning enough for me to be convinced that the UK holds something for me. The reason I voted yes last time was because I felt the political differences between Scotland and rUK were so large that is seemed like a good idea.
I accept their decision to vote conservative but it doesn't mean I can't disagree with it. To simply vote for a party because of their own "UK nationalism" stinks for me. I'm still a student but I work pretty full time and work in a sector that's heavily unionised, trying to explain why I think a Tory vote is a mistake got me no answers other than "er yeah but Britain". I disagree with that, an I similarly am not a fan of people voting for the SNP simply because of independence. I don't really like the SNP, I don't think their record is very good in power, and I'm desperately struggling for who to vote for in my SNP/Tory marginal constituency.

You're quite the messiah. As I said, I'm not a die hard nationalist as you seem to have judged based on one post.

No I don't.

Can I ask what it is about the Tories that tempts you?

Can I ask what it is about the Tories that tempts you?

Yes you can absolutely ask. There's nothing that's tempting me about the Tories. It's the fact that the SNP are the only viable alternative in my constituency. SLab have made me and many others out to be divisive b*****ds just because I'm not cast iron against another indyref.

Similarly, the only difference between the Labour and the Tory flyers that have come through my door thus far have been that ones red and ones blue. Its all about the union which doesn't resonate with me, I want to hear what policies they believe in passionately from their manifestos and how I should be convinced to lend my vote to them. I think every voter deserves that.

Its all a bit of a mess.

1 minute ago, Big Fifer said:

Yes you can absolutely ask. There's nothing that's tempting me about the Tories. It's the fact that the SNP are the only viable alternative in my constituency. SLab have made me and many others out to be divisive b*****ds just because I'm not cast iron against another indyref.

Similarly, the only difference between the Labour and the Tory flyers that have come through my door thus far have been that ones red and ones blue. Its all about the union which doesn't resonate with me, I want to hear what policies they believe in passionately from their manifestos and how I should be convinced to lend my vote to them. I think every voter deserves that.

Its all a bit of a mess.

Thanks for the reply.

So what policies would matter to you? Where do you stand on the NHS? Trident? Education? Energy? Other issues?