Polling: 2017 General Election, Council Elections and Independence

I'm not shocked.
That's exactly what I'm doing.. I've always voted Labour wherever I've lived in the UK  and for the first time I'm voting Tory. 
Nothing to do with policies but purely based on the fact that Sturgeon has made it about Independence and May has made it about Brexit.
On both issues the Tories come out on top. 
Also ....I think the SNP are disingenuous . I think their 'progressiveness' is a cloak that will be cast aside if they ever achieve Indy. They can't run Scotland effectively now . The free prescriptions/ tuition fees etc   are mere  bribes that will be clawed back when the reality of the Scottish National Deficit becomes our responsibility. The words and actions of their activists show the true nature of their prejudiced and exclusivist Nationalism.  Just like your antipathy towards your work colleagues. Absolutely no tolerance or acceptance of their democratic right to hold a different opinion to you. The fact they don't wish to discuss the matter with you says a lot more about YOU than it does about them. They probably think you're a tedious Nationalist C*nt!

Voted Labour? My arse!!

4 hours ago, Big Fifer said:

The Labour manifesto is excellent for me, but that candidate is never going to win in my constituency. Stuff like nationalising the railway and free tuition fees are fantastic IMO. I'm gonna end up having to vote for the SNP.

In a straight shoot out between the Tories and SNP in your constituency, given your views above, you really should be voting SNP.  Large sections of the Labour manifesto were SNP policy 10 years ago.

The Guardian giving a guarded 'aye' to #VoteSNP

But Thursday’s vote has not been called as a judgment on the administration in Edinburgh. It is about Westminster, where the SNP, led in parliament by Angus Robertson, have offered an effective voice of opposition to Tory ministers. The priority should be to thwart Theresa May’s ambitions for ongoing austerity and a version of Brexit customised to the ideological agenda of the Conservative party’s radical fringe. That requires enough Labour MPs to form an alternative government. In Scottish seats where Tory candidates run the race close, it means preferring the SNP.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/jun/05/the-guardian-view-on-the-election-in-scotland-a-chance-to-puncture-mays-complacency?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Latest YG model has SNP at 42 seats, reasonably in line with Survation and Panelbase at the weekend with the SNP around 45 seats.
Not brilliant. brings places like my seat in Edinburgh South West suddenly become tossups with the Tories.

Alright constituency neebs.

I will eat my hat if the Conservatives get within 4,000 votes of Joanne Cherry.

1 minute ago, HibsFan said:

Let's fucking smash these c***s.

Quite clear Survation and Yougov have uprated young people turn out. ICM who had Tories 11% ahead tonight was actually Labour ahead on voting intention but weighted to a 11% Tory lead. Someone's going to end up with egg on their face. Be fucking great to wake up and see JC driving to Buck House. The look on Queenies face would be wonderful.

It would be the most SLAB thing ever if their ridiculous, seething anti-indyref2 campaign simply resulted in more Scottish Tory seats, edging Corbyn out of No10. Hopefully Corbyn would be up the road to impart a swift pie-kicking to that fucking idiot Dugdale. 

Just now, Im_Rodger said:

Bricking it for the overall UK Result.
8+ Tory seats in Scotland looking good though which is a small but meaningless consolation.

Why is 8+ out of 59 good for the Ruthie show.

Why is 8+ out of 59 good for the Ruthie show.

It's not ideal but it's my personal target that decides wether this election has been a success or not in my books.

0-5 Seats - Won't be on this site for a while

6-7 Seats - Mildly disappointed but happy for increased WM representation

8-12 Seats - Good Election

13-15 Seats - Great Election

16+ Seats - 'Your grandchildren will be Tories'

1 minute ago, Im_Rodger said:

It's not ideal but it's my personal target that decides wether this election has been a success or not in my books.

0-5 Seats - Won't be on this site for a while
6-8 Seats - Mildly disappointed but happy for increased WM representation
8-12 Seats - Good Election
12-15 Seats - Great Election
16+ Seats - 'You're grandchildren will be Tories'

That should ensure a higher than normal turnout of the P&B masses at the polling booths on Thursday.