The Undesirables

Antlion

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, McSpreader said:

And that would be the last you would ever hear from me because, of course, Ireland is on the dark side of the moon and computers/phones don't work there, do they , You lovely person,you?

Not being in the same country as me would be a pleasing start.

14 hours ago, jagfox99 said:

We're having a General Election due to the ruling party wanting to sweep Electoral Fraud charges on 30 candidates under the carpet tbf.

Yip. To claim the UK is less corrupt is rubbish.

Its just that our ruling elite have always been so much more skilled at covering their tracks.

15 minutes ago, git-intae-thum said:

Yip. To claim the UK is less corrupt is rubbish.

Its just that our ruling elite have always been so much more skilled at covering their tracks.

Well it clearly isn't rubbish. Unless Transparency International are in on the conspiracy as well.

Who is the British equivalent of Berlusconi?

"Trials and allegations involving Silvio Berlusconi have been extensive and include abuse of office, defamation, extortion, child sexual abuse, perjury, mafia collusion, false accounting, embezzlement, money laundering, tax fraud, witness tampering, corruption and bribery of police officers, judges and politicians."

It would be ridiculous to claim that Britain doesn't have a corruption problem. Lobbying of government and party political funding is an issue, as is the use of luxury property by dodgy foreign investors. But to corruption is as endemic as Italy is stupid frankly.

25 minutes ago, Carl Cort's Hamstring said:

Well it clearly isn't rubbish. Unless Transparency International are in on the conspiracy as well.

Who is the British equivalent of Berlusconi?

"Trials and allegations involving Silvio Berlusconi have been extensive and include abuse of office, defamation, extortion, child sexual abuse, perjury, mafia collusion, false accounting, embezzlement, money laundering, tax fraud, witness tampering, corruption and bribery of police officers, judges and politicians."

It would be ridiculous to claim that Britain doesn't have a corruption problem. Lobbying of government and party political funding is an issue, as is the use of luxury property by dodgy foreign investors. But to corruption is as endemic as Italy is stupid frankly.

You have your opinion. Fine. I don't agree. I do not think we should hold any sense of moral superiority with regards to this country, given our past. That is dangerous.

As for Berlusconi. Credit to the Italian media/legal system for having the balls to attempt take on such a powerful bad yin.

What do you think will happen to all those tory mp's and the alleged electoral fraud btw?

My guess is that there will be one or two pazzi's (I wonder if they draw straws). A bit like the mp's expenses scandal really.

On 4/22/2017 at 19:30, Carl Cort's Hamstring said:

Transparency international's 2016 corruption index put the UK in joint 10th place (1st being the least corrupt). Italy was 60th.

The top 14 countries in TI's list are either the Protestant countries of northern Europe, those who were blessed by Empire or the DACH countries which cradled the European Reformation:

TI.JPG.fc0513ddbabb194a2eb855a006db3dd4.JPG

31 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

The top 14 countries in TI's list are either the Protestant countries of northern Europe, those who were blessed by Empire or the DACH countries which cradled the European Reformation:

TI.JPG.fc0513ddbabb194a2eb855a006db3dd4.JPG

12 of the top 14 have an "n" in their title.

I think that that makes it clear that to mitigate corruption, all we need are more countries with an "n" in their title.

2 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Yes...but hidden in a corrupt manner.

I have an 'n' in my username.  You are clearly one of the shady c***s

I think if you post another few posts in quick succession, change the argument and find some grammar mistakes then you might just about get away with that hasty delete.

4 minutes ago, Shades75 said:

I think if you post another few posts in quick succession, change the argument and find some grammar mistakes then you might just about get away with that hasty delete.

Absolutely caught bang to rights - I made an arse of it.

Who'd have known that Transparency International got all their analysis wrong and all they had to do was look at letters in a country's name?  Fair and reasonable offers from decent blokes in Nigeria will flood your inbox based on this revelation.

22 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Absolutely caught bang to rights - I made an arse of it.

Who'd have known that Transparency International got all their analysis wrong and all they had to do was look at letters in a country's name?  Fair and reasonable offers from decent blokes in Nigeria will flood your inbox based on this revelation.

I'm still troubled by South Africa though....

Not an "n" to be found, Protestant as f**k and yet corruption has been a devotion for aeons....

4 minutes ago, Shades75 said:

I'm still troubled by South Africa though....

Not an "n" to be found, Protestant as f**k and yet corruption has been a devotion for aeons....

My only trip to SA was to play rugby when I was in Uni in the early 80s and we got rag-dolled in every game we played.

Anyway, my thesis is generally true and I'm astonished that so few posters acknowledge this.

9 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

My only trip to SA was to play rugby when I was in Uni in the early 80s and we got rag-dolled in every game we played.

Anyway, my thesis is generally true and I'm astonished that so few posters acknowledge this.

Because you could substitute "Protestant" for any number of other correlations and the relationships could still be broadly justified, or argued with a few more included and a few excluded, depending upon the filter.

5 minutes ago, Shades75 said:

Because you could substitute "Protestant" for any number of other correlations 

Except you couldn't.  The common factor in the least corrupt countries is the Protestant reformation.  Why would posters regard this as in any way controversial?

2 minutes ago, The_Kincardine said:

Except you couldn't.  The common factor in the least corrupt countries is the Protestant reformation.  Why would posters regard this as in any way controversial?

And an "n" in their title.

On 21 April 2017 at 15:30, Antlion said:

Just for fun, why not tally up the embarrassments who align themselves with UK nationalism and Scottish nationalism. This is a thread for identifying the folk that you are or would be ashamed of being on the same side of the Indy debate as. 

Proud adherents of the Union Jack (and keeping Scotland under it) include:

Katie Hopkins

Nigel Farage

David Coburn

Effie Deans

Jill Stephenson

Reynard the Fox

Alistair McConnachie

Those not worth bragging about on the Indy side include:

Peter Dow

Natalie McGarry

John Mason

Keep it roasterish.

Peter Dow is a royalist, dubious.

Natalie McGarry, sticky fingers married to an off the wall Tory, dubious.

John Mason, Clyde fan, what's he done wrong?

Archived