The Undesirables

Antlion

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, jupe1407 said:

It's more fun ripping the piss out of The_Jake due his hilariously misplaced superiority complex.

Minter is just a thick c**t, but probably realises it.

This.  Kincy tries to mount an argument, as misplaced, booze-fuelled and horrendous as it is.

Glen Minter just throws a collection of letters at his laptop twice a week.

7 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

No. The Protestant/Protestant-influenced countries of the EU are, without doubt, less corrupt than our Catholic counterparts.  Again, not a popular view but one I am happy to justify.

I suspect the countries that have endured dictatorships are often more corrupt.  Not sure how religion comes into it - unless someone's religion means "Hey I'm okay with a dictatorship."

1 hour ago, Fullerene said:

I suspect the countries that have endured dictatorships are often more corrupt.  Not sure how religion comes into it - unless someone's religion means "Hey I'm okay with a dictatorship."

I suspect the most corrupt are some of the formerly atheist Eastern Bloc countries, devoutly Catholic Poland providing a notable exception.

19 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Why on earth would anyone possibly care who else supported the same side as you?????

What a truly bizarre thread.

Does anyone seriously enter a voting booth and think "OMG I can't vote for this person because the BNP or NF might vote the same way"?????

This is about the first time I've agreed with you on anything. Some roasters on here voted Leave because they found Cameron and Osbourne smarmy.

12 hours ago, git-intae-thum said:

You are making the point. Argue it.

How are we less corrupt than France, Spain, Italy, Portugal, Switzerland et al.

I know you like your history, but we are talking in the present context. 

Go for it.....

This whole thing is a pointless argument but seriously, Italy? You think the UK is as corrupt as Italy?

This whole thing is a pointless argument but seriously, Italy? You think the UK is as corrupt as Italy?

Absolutely. How many privatised government contracts put out to tender in the last five years has gone to a company directly connected to a Tory MP? Plenty. The UK is ridiculously corrupt whether you like it or not.

33 minutes ago, J_Stewart said:

Absolutely. How many privatised government contracts put out to tender in the last five years has gone to a company directly connected to a Tory MP? Plenty. The UK is ridiculously corrupt whether you like it or not.

Transparency international's 2016 corruption index put the UK in joint 10th place (1st being the least corrupt). Italy was 60th.

I didn't say that we don't have a corruption problem. Political lobbying corruption and the influence that corporate money has on policy is clearly an issue. But it's ridiculous to claim that day-to-day corruption is anything like the scale it is in Italy. I mean, the mafia's control of municipal refuse contracts caused a crisis in Naples so bad that the army had to be called in to clear the streets.

Similarly, I think the UK has a problem with racism, but as a mixed race person I'd far rather live here than most other European nations.

20 minutes ago, Carl Cort's Hamstring said:

Transparency international's 2016 corruption index put the UK in joint 10th place (1st being the least corrupt). Italy was 60th.

I didn't say that we don't have a corruption problem. Political lobbying corruption and the influence that corporate money has on policy is clearly an issue. But it's ridiculous to claim that day-to-day corruption is anything like the scale it is in Italy. I mean, the mafia's control of municipal refuse contracts caused a crisis in Naples so bad that the army had to be called in to clear the streets.

Similarly, I think the UK has a problem with racism, but as a mixed race person I'd far rather live here than most other European nations.

The Uk does have a problem with ignorance but not with racism. Yes, there are racists out there, but mostly it's a lack of understanding more than racism.

For example....my mother in law talking about Master chef and referred to one of the particints as a Darkie  ( shes 77yrs old)

I said......You can't refer to him as a Darlie that's not acceptable.

She said......Oh what do I say then?

I said......He's Black. If you have to refer to his ethnicity you call him Black.

She said........Oh no. That sounds terrible. I can't call him Black. Darkie is much nicer .

Point being.........She isn't racist she's ignorant but her heart is in the right place.  She lives in a place where there are next to no people of anything other than white British/Celtic/Pictish/Anglo-Saxon heritage and she's not skilled at dealing with people of other ethnicities.

Would you condemn her.......and millions like her as Racist?

It dilutes the fight against true Racists.

35 minutes ago, McSpreader said:

The Uk does have a problem with ignorance but not with racism. Yes, there are racists out there, but mostly it's a lack of understanding more than racism.

For example....my mother in law talking about Master chef and referred to one of the particints as a Darkie  ( shes 77yrs old)

I said......You can't refer to him as a Darlie that's not acceptable.

She said......Oh what do I say then?

I said......He's Black. If you have to refer to his ethnicity you call him Black.

She said........Oh no. That sounds terrible. I can't call him Black. Darkie is much nicer .

Point being.........She isn't racist she's ignorant but her heart is in the right place.  She lives in a place where there are next to no people of anything other than white British/Celtic/Pictish/Anglo-Saxon heritage and she's not skilled at dealing with people of other ethnicities.

Would you condemn her.......and millions like her as Racist?

It dilutes the fight against true Racists.

This didn't happen.

1 minute ago, Shades75 said:

This didn't happen.

It most certainly did........exactly as described...... Sometimes you have to make allowances and it's not about compromising your beliefs but about understanding others' ignorance.

It's how I cope with a lot of the posters on here.

1 hour ago, McSpreader said:

It most certainly did........exactly as described...... Sometimes you have to make allowances and it's not about compromising your beliefs but about understanding others' ignorance.

You have a strategy to cope with people you don't know on the internet?

2 hours ago, McSpreader said:

It really didn't. You made it up. 

17 hours ago, Carl Cort said:

We're having a General Election due to the ruling party wanting to sweep Electoral Fraud charges on 30 candidates under the carpet tbf.

11 hours ago, McSpreader said:

What about me?

I'm going to Ireland in a couple of weeks.

My wife's family is from Ringsend and  Artane !!!

Any chance of making it a one way ticket, you dribbling, soporific, ludicrous, vexatious, repetitious, inane, puerile, vacuous arsehole?

8 hours ago, welshbairn said:

It really didn't. You made it up. 

^^^Well that's even convinced me.

What amazing insight and powers of persuasion you have.

Welshbairn speaks. Therefore 'tis so! 

Seriously,It's amazing how you struggle to cope with any concept outside of your experience , your comfort zone or contrary to your prejudices. Do you really think that your life and what you've witnessed is the sum total of all knowledge and understanding?

Because that's what your statement is saying!

You need to get out more,son!

12 minutes ago, Fide said:

Any chance of making it a one way ticket, you dribbling, soporific, ludicrous, vexatious, repetitious, inane, puerile, vacuous arsehole?

And that would be the last you would ever hear from me because, of course, Ireland is on the dark side of the moon and computers/phones don't work there, do they , You lovely person,you?

Archived