New clubs in the East of Scotland

1 hour ago, kefc said:

It’s looking very very doubtful, the guys running the setup want things on their terms with their rules. All a bit arrogant tbh.

You hinted at potentially the amateur leagues being tagged onto the pyramid. Do you know if this is still being considered?

3 minutes ago, edinabear said:

You hinted at potentially the amateur leagues being tagged onto the pyramid. Do you know if this is still being considered?

it was mentioned at an EOS meeting in terms of having a full on pyramid that they could be on board in time.

41 minutes ago, Whitburn Vale said:

Its all smokescreen diversion tactics from TJ and his minions.

He's buying time and scrambling about trying to stay relevant !!

Its statement after statement trying to sow seeds of doubt,when in actual fact its all done to preserve his own status!!

Junior clubs need to wake up now,TJ couldn't deliver a pizza far less a solution to the juniors joining the pyramid system!!!

Bang on.

There’s clearly no sign of any genuine integration from the SJFA and they are being re-active as opposed to pro-active. Oor TJ stated a month ago he never seen this coming, well he wouldn’t being stuck out in his West bubble.

I mean really, let’s start a East/West Super Duper League in tier 6 with an option to opt out promotion, keep the Junior cup but we want our clubs Licenced and more Scottish Cup places. We will be happy to take payments from the SFA but we will totally obliterate your pyramid structure to fit us in.

I may be wrong but it’s mental. The SJFA have payed the whole pyramid and Licencing lip service for years now and it looks like they are continuing to do so.

I think Bo’ness are making a huge mistake.

For TJ to implement what he’s promising

The East and West Juniors would have to merge the West said no last time and a weakened East with no Kelty / Bonnyrigg is hardly going to be more attractive.

The SFA will not allow teams to pick and choose promotion for clubs like Talbot this seems to be a deal breaker.

The Juniors would have to run with their league finished in time with the EoS / SoS the Juniors run the league around the cup not the other way round.

Where do relegated clubs go?

There’s just too many stumbling blocks to get this through in my opinion.

The choice is simple just now in the East join the EoS and you’re guaranteed tier 6 next season with chance of promotion. Stay East Junior and you maybe possibly will get Tier 6 if everyone agrees in a years time. One is guaranteed the other is ifs and maybes. If it was my club making the decision I know which I’d want.

14 hours ago, Tynieness said:

16 May 2018

To : All Clubs; Regional Secretaries, Management Committee.

Dear Sir / Madam

Given the conjecture following the recent meeting of the Pyramid Working Group, I thought it would be helpful to clarify the purpose of the meeting and what happens next.

The meeting was convened following a SFA Board Meeting on 21 April, where the Board agreed that the SFA should lead and facilitate a meeting which would allow the Juniors to be integrated into the Pyramid system.  The Group would be led by the SFA President.

Present at the Group meeting were representatives of the SFA, SJFA, EOS and LL with Highland League and SOS joining by conference call.

Discussion took place on how integration would work in terms of Registrations, Discipline and Fixture Lists in particular.  We were unable to resolve all the issues at the meeting however it was agreed that the SFA Board be appraised of the progress at their next meeting in June.  N.B. None of the issues raised appeared insurmountable.

The Chairman decided that a “straw poll” be taken regarding the Junior involvement in the Pyramid which was: 

EOS     – No.  However they did suggest that they had no objection to the West joining at Tier 6
SJFA      - Yes.
SOS    - Yes.
HL    - conditional on the previously discussed concerns, i.e. Registrations, Discipline, Fixture Lists being resolved.
LL    - conditional on the previously discussed concerns, i.e. Registrations, Discipline, Fixture Lists being resolved.

Further discussions took place regarding the Juniors entering a joint East / West combined Superleague in the Pyramid.

The SJFA Secretary advised he would contact the SFA Board requesting a decision at their meeting in June.

Yours faithfully

T.A. Johnston
T.A. Johnston
SECRETARY

The SFA needs to issue a statement  (the minutes ?) clarifying what the outcome of this meeting was. Woolly TJ  statements like "further discussions took place regarding the juniors entering a joint East/West Superleague in the Pyramid" means nothing, but is sufficient to cause confusion.

The SJFA's suggestion that there should be  a further meeting in June, is total madness. The timescale is stupid, and would cause chaos if agreed.  TheAGMs of the relevant leagues are all imminent, as are those of the relevant clubs.  Club plans for the 2018/19 regarding  budgets, players, sponsorship, licensing, etc, must not be be placed in limbo, by rumour and supposition.

Yes, there needs to be joint discussions about the future of the Pyramid, but these need to be comprehensive, and must NOT be rushed. Therefore, a clear statement needs to be issued asap by the PWG/SFA about the timescale, with an intended completion date of March 2019,to facilitate implementation in 2019/20, if this is feasible.  Terms of Reference need to be drawn up, and agreed by the PWG, prior to this 'review' commencing.

37 minutes ago, Robert James said:

The SFA needs to issue a statement  (the minutes ?) clarifying what the outcome of this meeting was. Woolly TJ  statements like "further discussions took place regarding the juniors entering a joint East/West Superleague in the Pyramid" means nothing, but is sufficient to cause confusion.

The SJFA's suggestion that there should be  a further meeting in June, is total madness. The timescale is stupid, and would cause chaos if agreed.  TheAGMs of the relevant leagues are all imminent, as are those of the relevant clubs.  Club plans for the 2018/19 regarding  budgets, players, sponsorship, licensing, etc, must not be be placed in limbo, by rumour and supposition.

Yes, there needs to be joint discussions about the future of the Pyramid, but these need to be comprehensive, and must NOT be rushed. Therefore, a clear statement needs to be issued asap by the PWG/SFA about the timescale, with an intended completion date of March 2019,to facilitate implementation in 2019/20, if this is feasible.  Terms of Reference need to be drawn up, and agreed by the PWG, prior to this 'review' commencing.

As kefc mentioned earlier there was no conditional vote, the HL and LL voted against SJFA entry at tier 6 along with the EoS. TJ's email is just spin.

You'll also note that there is no mention of a future PWG meeting, because it wasn't discussed.  TJ appears to want to write to the SFA Board again to "ask for a decision", well they won't without recommendation from the PWG, which was no tier 6 entry. No decisions were made apart from that, and recognising a WoSFL is required.

As has been said, this is just creating further uncertaintly which suits TJ & Co.

13 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

As kefc mentioned earlier there was no conditional vote, the HL and LL voted against SJFA entry at tier 6 along with the EoS. TJ's email is just spin.

You'll also note that there is no mention of a future PWG meeting, because it wasn't discussed.  TJ appears to want to write to the SFA Board again to "ask for a decision", well they won't without recommendation from the PWG, which was no tier 6 entry. No decisions were made apart from that, and recognising a WoSFL is required.

As has been said, this is just creating further uncertaintly which suits TJ & Co.

Very good news. Thanks for clarifying the situation.

1 hour ago, Robert James said:

The SFA needs to issue a statement  (the minutes ?) clarifying what the outcome of this meeting was. 

Or a club like Newtongrange or Linlithgow goes directly to the SFA and asks for information from them and not from the SJFA.

1 hour ago, Burnie_man said:

TJ appears to want to write to the SFA Board again to "ask for a decision",

Just on that particular point, TJ mentions the June board meeting, but my understanding was that there was no June board meeting, hence why Licence applications would not be considered at the next SFA Board meeting "in July".

EDIT: Forget that, it's June. there was no meeting due this month.

Edited by Burnie_man

Things are becoming a farce especially in the East. Clubs having to make critical decisions that could make or break them with nothing more than TJs word on what was said at the meeting. It’s time the SFA or PWG we’re honest and open and told the clubs the facts. Is the EoS the only route in for East Juniors or not? Where are the minutes from this meeting so every club can see them?

Personally I would have EoS, WoS and NoS leagues. Leave the SJFA separate as not every team wishes to join the pyramid and no one should be forced to. Give notice for applications to start WoS and NoS for 2019-2020, 10 teams minimum if you get enough they start. Bottom must be open to any new comers in the future.

Any clubs from the East (Tay line South) wishing to join the pyramid join the EoS bottom must be open to any new comers.

Any Clubs from West (Tay line South) wishing to join the pyramid join the new WoS this includes the current SOSL with licences members automatically accepted if they wish to join. Again bottom must be open for new comers and SOSL can feed into it.

NoS see what the appetite is for members and if you get enough form the league with Promotion / Relegation to HL open, floodlights might be a problem but the door should be open if teams want to step up. If enough apply split it geographically to minimise travel at tier 6.

2 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

Im led to believe they voted on an "agreement in principle" for tier 6, this is what TJ promised his clubs but it failed at the 1st PWG meeting. 

Edited by kefc

7 minutes ago, kefc said:

Im led to believe they voted on an "agreement in principle" for tier 6, this is what TJ promised his clubs but it failed at the 1st PWG meeting. 

This reflects the posts on here, but my concern is that the decision reached, has not been circulated officially by the PWG/SFA, so the 'uncertainty' for clubs, goes on.

For me, the only logical reason is that all the PWG's minutes have to be officially  'ratified' by the SFA at its next appropriate meeting, but this is just a wild guess by me, as I don't know how its constitution works.

Would it not be the case that a new 'SuperDooper' league with the West Region + remaining East sides could be the WoS league and planted into tier 6? Just to get things moving could they not say to, St. Andrews, for instance "you can stay with your Junior chums for the time being" then if they make it to the LL will have to accept EoSL after any relegation? If they don't go up and go down would they rather trek to Muirkirk and Girvan (with few fans making the return journey) or apply to switch to the EoSL? Even a few seasons against Tweedmouth and other low lying East teams would be preferable to similar clubs in Ayrshire. It's a way of getting everyone on board with a compromise. Equally allowing North of the Tay sides joining EoS until a NoS league is sorted under similar rules (playing in a LL feeder but knowing it's HL if they go up) would be beneficial to them

2 hours ago, Robert James said:

This reflects the posts on here, but my concern is that the decision reached, has not been circulated officially by the PWG/SFA, so the 'uncertainty' for clubs, goes on.

For me, the only logical reason is that all the PWG's minutes have to be officially  'ratified' by the SFA at its next appropriate meeting, but this is just a wild guess by me, as I don't know how its constitution works.

The members of the PWG would be entitled to assume that the SJFA representative (and those of the EOSL etc.) would come to the meetings with a brief agreed with his member clubs, and would communicate the outcome to them ASAP.  That's what would happen in any normal organisation ....

My club Jeanfield are keen to join pyramid and had planned to apply for start of 2019/2020 season.

We are currently south of the line (just) but rumours that the line may be moving further south.

Ideally we would be in EOS as road links from Perth southbound are better than those going North.

Has anyone else heard this about the boundary line?