New clubs in the East of Scotland

Nah, they were introduced in 2011-12, although the number of sections and general format has constantly varied depending on how many clubs and how many league games.

In 2013-14 after clubs left for LL it was played home-&-away throughout the season... something like 4 games in August/2 in October/2 in December/2 in February... but that was a bit of a disaster.

2011-12... 27 or 31 games in total
22/26 league games
4 groups of 6 = 5 QL games

top 2 = League Cup QFs

2012-13... 27 or 31
22/26 league games
5 groups of 5/6 = 5 QL games
runners-up (plus best third place) = LC Prelim
winners = LC QFs

2013-14... 28
18/18 league games
4 groups of 5 = 10 QL games (spread throughout season)
runners-up & third places =  LC Prelim
winners = LC QFs

2014-15... 30 or 31
27/28 league games
5 groups of 3/4 = 3 QL games
winners & runners-up of 4-team sections (plus best runner-up of 3-team sections) = LC QFs

2015-16... 33
30 league games
4 groups of 4 = 3 QL games
top 2 = LC QFs

2016-17... 27
22 league games
2 groups of 5/6 = 5 QL games
runners-up & third places = LC Prelim
winners = LC SFs

2017-18... 29
26 league games
4 groups of 3/4 = 3 QL games
top 2 = LC QFs

Edited by HibeeJibee

You surprise me HtB - although given Eyemouth's record you probably wouldn't be sad to see the back of it, tbf :lol::

2011-12               bottom (W0 D2 L3)
2012-13               bottom (W0 D1 L3)
2013-14     2nd bottom (W1 D2 L5)
2014-15               bottom (W0 D1 L2)
2015-16               bottom (W0 D1 L2)
2016-17      3rd top          (W3 D0 L2)     lost 6-1 at Tynecastle in LC R1
2017-18               bottom (W1 D0 L1)

It's the taking part that counts...

8 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

You surprise me HtB - although given Eyemouth's record you probably wouldn't be sad to see the back of it, tbf :lol::

It's the taking part that counts...

God loves a trier :lol:

1 minute ago, Goalie Hamish said:

Is the league defo going First and Second for 19-20 or are they leaving space for more refugees fae the Juniors?

Tier 6 and 7 Divisions will be the plan, the space will be left at Tier 7. With all the talk about the most recent applications being about keeping local games. It wouldn't surprise me if the split into North and South Divisions at Tier 7 if they get enough additional applicants to make it work.

5 hours ago, gogsy said:

3 x 12 for 19/20 season could work? One league at tier 6 and 2 feeder leagues for tier 7? Obviously could be more teamsin set up by then.

All clubs will play at tier 6, was an EoS undertaking, as far as I can recall for 2018/19

For 2019/20 my views are that two leagues, split North & South would be the best, by keeping costs down, and maintaining local rivalries

Edited by Robert James

2 minutes ago, Robert James said:

Dunbar included, if Pint of Bovril can be relied on.

Dunbar & Craigroyston have made their public statements confirming (Dunbar on facebook, Craigroyston on club website). Arniston & Penicuik were apparently accepted at the meeting at Easter Road the other day but yet to make statements that i've seen. St Andrews & Nitten are the next linked to be applying before the deadline source being Haddington's secretary on twitter.

15 hours ago, gwd440 said:

OK, LTHV and Tynecastle were the main crammers, but there were quite a few games played after the Lowland League Play-off. If any of those teams had been involved in the title chase, then there may have been more cramming. However, as you say, hopefully the pitch issues won't be a factor next season.

LTHV's 5 Scottish Cup matches didn't help.  Are they definitely not in the Cup next season?  I thought the rumour was that they had gained their licence.

Tynecastle's move to a new ground for next season, should relieve some of the pressure on LTHV's ground