New clubs in the East of Scotland

Think the make up of this is right. Dundonald are the only one i'm sure have a deferred application for the EoS in 2019-20, but i think Bo'ness have been suggested if not another club. The ones in red are the ones i believe fall North of the Tay.

image.png.a5377131e41a40107d04ea4e2382a20a.png

Edited by FairWeatherFan

I am hugely confident that Linlithgow and Bo'ness will both this week vote for a move to the EoSFL. There's informed sources from the Rose saying the committee will recommend the move and the old members usually go with the committee. The BU committee can now see what is coming and realise that to not head for the EoSFL could be a disaster.
Better late than never.

Unless it's in coming days and they've omitted which - earlier this evening Broxburn Athletic appear to have called a meeting for Monday, the agenda being:

AGENDA
Should broxburn join the others in the East of Scotland League or stay as a junior club

Edited by HibeeJibee

Dundee Courier reports Dundonald Bluebell have called an meeting for the coming week:

https://www.pressreader.com/uk/the-courier-advertiser-fife-edition/20180526/282673277992700

EDIT: Crazily this seems "old hat" at only a few hours/days old but Penicuik's confirm move:

Edited by HibeeJibee

Anyone have any insight into what the EoS would do if they go past 36?

Think you’d have to look at 3 conferences. 3x12 leagues and a wee round robin for the overall championship possibly.

1 minute ago, Enigma said:

Think you’d have to look at 3 conferences. 3x12 leagues and a wee round robin for the overall championship possibly.

At the moment the presumption is 36 go into 2x18 and scrap a the sectional cup they have. If it goes to 37, personally i'd ask Stirling Uni Reserves to step out for a year.

But from 37-onwards it gets unwieldly.

Linlithgow, Broxburn, Dundonald & Bo'ness take it up to 36. Jeanfield has been mentioned as considering their options. Sauchie have been guessed at in the past.

If you had 40 you could have a league of 20. In each league the team plays each opponent once then after 19 games the league splits in half. You then play 9 games against the teams in your half. It gives 28 games per season.

If a split is good enough for the SPL then it's good enough for the EoSFL.

13 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Is there any way it could get as high as 40? You'd maybe have to have 4 leagues of 10 then mini leagues of 4s or something to decide placings/champions/where teams start the next season.

Don't think anyone expected it to go this far. There was a worry over what would happen if they got a membership higher than 18. Anything's possible, but gossiped about candidates are thin on the ground at this point to get it to 40.

Surprised that even Broxburn (who said no in the pyramid survey) are considering joining, you wonder if the last remaining Superleague clubs of Sauchie and Kennoway (who said yes) will be having a meeting/putting in an application? Or are they happy to stay and try and win the "Superleague" next season - they would be 4th and 6th minus the leaving clubs.

Unlikely to happen before Thursday but 6 more clubs moving over to the EoS would make it 38, meaning the East Juniors are outnumbered and basically kills off any chance of the SJFA joining the pyramid in the east.

Edited by Ginaro

9 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Think the make up of this is right. Dundonald are the only one i'm sure have a deferred application for the EoS in 2019-20, but i think Bo'ness have been suggested if not another club. The ones in red are the ones i believe fall North of the Tay.

image.png.a5377131e41a40107d04ea4e2382a20a.png

As the other deferred entry club accepted by the EoSL, Clydebank may need to be added in 2019/20 if the WoSL isn't concluded in time.

This may tie in with the rumour I heard that the st Andrews application will test the water on.
Ideally we would be EOS as roads south from Perth are better than those going north

51 minutes ago, Cumbo said:
1 hour ago, superbigal said:
This may tie in with the rumour I heard that the st Andrews application will test the water on.

Ideally we would be EOS as roads south from Perth are better than those going north

Think it'd be very harsh to turn down an application on the basis that the boundary is going to move having been in the public domain for over 5 years.

Looking at it nothing much would change if it goes as low as St. Andrews. 6 clubs would be added: Tayport, Jeanfield, Kinnoull, Scone, Newburgh and St. Andrews.

Tayport might be the only one of those that would be attracted by the idea of being in the HL catchment area for the ties it would have with the Dundee clubs. At the same time it might give them more choice in Dundee based players who'd opt for the easier travel South.