New clubs in the East of Scotland

Great, if unexpected, news.

Little Kerse would need a fair bit of work for licencing IMO but it does offer both plastic and grass option for development. 

8 minutes ago, pipedreamer said:

I believe syngenta signed a long term lease with little kerse. Looking at the Sse Scottish women’s cup Stirling Uni v FC Kilmarnock highlights it looks like a 3G at Little Kerse is already railed off similar to Kelty. Ironic that after using Little Kerse for so long that syngenta become the first team to play out it in the senior league.  (Possibly)

The main pitch is in a cage similar to the likes of Gartcairn, main issue for me when I was there is that the changing rooms are the other side of the car park from the pitch. 

The main pitch is in a cage similar to the likes of Gartcairn, main issue for me when I was there is that the changing rooms are the other side of the car park from the pitch. 
At the end of the day they will need to meet EoS criteria before acceptance.

23 hours ago, GNU_Linux said:

The last semi-pro team out of Grangemouth was Falkirk Juniors who existed 2011-2016. As for the last 'senior' team paging HJ. Are they planning on using Grangemouth Stadium?

No they will use the new Astro park 

13 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Not sure if it was this pitch exactly, but Little Kerse was supposed to be where the Shire would have their own ground.

Aye I knew it was Little Kerse and sure they mentioned a 3G pitch at the time.

2 hours ago, Nimmo's Notes said:

Aye, that's where the Shire would have had a stadium. 

The only thing I'd have against it is that it's a bit out of the way for public transport and pedestrian access. 

Shire had Little Kerse on its 'new ground' webpage for several years. It was supposed to include a new stand seating up to 1,000, as well as good quality facilities within it.  As far as I can recall it had outline planning approval, but wasn't progressed. Presumably down to lack of funding.   Last time I visited Falkirk,  Firs Park remained  as a desolate wasteland. Is this still the case ?

11 hours ago, Robert James said:

Shire had Little Kerse on its 'new ground' webpage for several years. It was supposed to include a new stand seating up to 1,000, as well as good quality facilities within it.  As far as I can recall it had outline planning approval, but wasn't progressed. Presumably down to lack of funding.   Last time I visited Falkirk,  Firs Park remained  as a desolate wasteland. Is this still the case ?

To be fair, that can be said for Falkirk as a whole! ;)

12 hours ago, Robert James said:

Who owns firs park ? Mackin ?

On 6/23/2018 at 15:27, Auld Heid said:

CLUB STATEMENT - Syngenta Juveniles

The Club are delighted to announce that they will apply to become part of the East of Scotland League from Season 2019/2020.

The move to the 6th tier of Scottish Football will include a Senior team and U20s Development side.

This completes the player pathway for the club from Fun Fours right through to Senior first team football.

Preparations are already well underway and this is fabulous news for our upcoming teams who will now have the opportunity to stay and play Senior football at the club.

The Club will also work towards their SFA club licence in order to become a full SFA member. One of the benefits being participation in the “Big Scottish Cup”.

Exciting times ahead and more news will follow as the preparations continue.

Interesting statement. Why would they say 6th tier though? At the very best it is going to be tier 8, possibly even 9. I assume they've spoken with the EofS League so it is quite a strange thing to say unless they have had discussions regarding it.