New clubs in the East of Scotland

On 08/06/2018 at 19:32, Pyramidic said:

This is a fair point by Ginaro.  The ESL have done a wonderful  job in facilitating the expansion of the league over the last few months in a very diplomatic and thoughtful manner.  However the league's social media presence on Twitter and Facebook is currently poor.  In my view the league website also lacks sparkle and needs to be updated/ replaced with a website that is truly worthy of a league that serves many of the best non league clubs in the east of Scotland.

On a positive note I thought that Twitter updates by Haddington Athletic last night were superb. Many thanks.

Late Announcement :

Last night Oakley Utd were confirmed as members of the East of Scotland League and we look forward to the challenges ahead,

15 hours ago, Robert James said:

Late Announcement :

Last night Oakley Utd were confirmed as members of the East of Scotland League and we look forward to the challenges ahead,

There is an interesting article in today's  The Non League Paper (English/Welsh Sunday weekly publication) entitled "New Ball Game in Scottish Juniors Shake-Up" by Hugo Varley. Worth a read :

www.thenonleaguefootballpaper.com

It primarily covers the East of Scotland restructuring.

Edited by Robert James

I'm a wee bit intrigued to see what insight someone called Hugo could provide over why Bo'ness joined and Whitburn didn't. Is there a way to access it without paying any money?  I don't see a link on the front page of the website to anything related to Scotland and the story doesn't seem to show up yet when I try the search function.

....and I also think that's at least the 2nd time he's tweeted similar stuff this week. No wonder the West is being left behind.

Pretty sure he was the guy tweeting that Bo'ness and Linlithgow would never play each other again because of the conference system. It takes 30 seconds to research what is actually happening. 

Edited by drs

2 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Am I right in thinking that the guy doing the tweeting there is standing to be west region secretary and could be in charge of their fixtures next season?

He may also be the guy that will be following Arthurlie in the Seniors - WoSL - in 2019/20?  Watch this space!

Edited by Pyramidic

What's complicated about the set-up?  Three parallel divisions 2018-19 and then the top clubs from each form the premier in 2019-20 and the rest form two first division below it.  It's not exactly something which requires a massive explanation. 

20 minutes ago, drs said:

....and I also think that's at least the 2nd time he's tweeted similar stuff this week. No wonder the West is being left behind.

Pretty sure he was the guy tweeting that Bo'ness and Linlithgow would never play each other again because of the conference system. It takes 30 seconds to research what is actually happening. 

Different chaps:

&

2 minutes ago, stanley said:

What's complicated about the set-up?  Three parallel divisions 2018-19 and then the top clubs from each form the premier in 2019-20 and the rest form two first division below it.  It's not exactly something which requires a massive explanation. 

For some people that aren't following the happenings in the the EoS this year, I can understand a certain confusion. It's the fact you have the likes of above thinking the conferences were set in stone. As if promotion and relegation are entirely foreign concepts.

3 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

For some people that aren't following the happenings in the the EoS this year, I can understand a certain confusion. It's the fact you have the likes of above thinking the conferences were set in stone. As if promotion and relegation are entirely foreign concepts.

I understand that people might initially be confused but it's very easy to find a simple answer as to how it works rather than go on a rant about how stupid it all is when you don't even know how it works.

Edited by stanley

If you want to make a big change in football administration it takes a long time to get the people involved to even understand it and you can't just spring it on them at a single meeting with no advance preparation. You need to use the approach Burnie_man had on the 16-16-[16 x 2] format for the east region and spend months in advance canvassing opinion and explaining the advantages of it. A lot of west region clubs will have to see the new expanded EoS working well in practice and see the excitement over who gets to be in the top 5 in each conference and how that will determine who is in tier 6 for 2019/20 before they are likely to be signing up for a WoSL but by early next year conditions will probably be ripe for it.

45 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

different chaps:

Apologies then. 

1 hour ago, stanley said:

but....but…..it's rocket science, don't you know?

1 hour ago, LongTimeLurker said:

If you want to make a big change in football administration it takes a long time to get the people involved to even understand it and you can't just spring it on them at a single meeting with no advance preparation. You need to use the approach Burnie_man had on the 16-16-[16 x 2] format for the east region and spend months in advance canvassing opinion and explaining the advantages of it. A lot of west region clubs will have to see the new expanded EoS working well in practice and see the excitement over who gets to be in the top 5 in each conference and how that will determine who is in tier 6 for 2019/20 before they are likely to be signing up for a WoSL but by early next year conditions will probably be ripe for it.

I think you're right, though I'm not so sure one year will be enough. It's clear that only when things are demonstrated do they have any impact. It might take until 2019-20 with a strong EoS Premier, a strengthened LL, Kelty maybe in the SPFL or Betfred Cup or Challenge Cup, and multiple new licenced ex juniors in the Scottish Cup before it begins to sink in.

Edited by bendan