Forfar vs Cowdenbeath

Just a word to all fair minded and genuine Cowdenbeath supporters. Those of us who travelled down to Cowdenbeath to support our team did not have any say in the appointment of Gary Bollan or whoever else sits on the bench. He does not represent Forfar Athletic nor does he make any attempt to acknowledge the fans who made the effort to get to Cowdenbeath to support our team. He picks up his wage and that is it. Apart from our Chairman most of us will be delighted when he goes and we get a manager who at the very least acknowledges the fans.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, victormeldrew said:

Just a word to all fair minded and genuine Cowdenbeath supporters. Those of us who travelled down to Cowdenbeath to support our team did not have any say in the appointment of Gary Bollan or whoever else sits on the bench. He does not represent Forfar Athletic nor does he make any attempt to acknowledge the fans who made the effort to get to Cowdenbeath to support our team. He picks up his wage and that is it. Apart from our Chairman most of us will be delighted when he goes and we get a manager who at the very least acknowledges the fans.

Good post. 

1 hour ago, theSilverFox said:

1320, I'll dignify your response with a reply (I always will as you're alright), I remember that interview when Dick gave it just after he became your gaffer. Typical  of him and that's why I still like him.  He did, however, consider retiring when he was with us when he had his cancer and it was rumoured he would at the end of last season had AD not sacked him. But Dick being the character he is he has reacted by being indignant.

I don't know anything about yesterday's events but I heard recently, from a very reliable source within the club, that Central Park is by far the most unwelcoming board room in Scotland. No doubt the reaction from our bench, justified or not, was part of it. The highlights didn't show it clear enough to judge but it looked wild and the bench had by far the best view. Reasonable to assume had it been the reverse the other bench would have reacted similarly. Players, staff and supporters alike over react all the time, we've been victims many times ourselves. If it wasn't a red card well so be it, if it was then job done. That's football whether we like it or not. I don't like that part but i am as guilty as the next guy (even this morning at my son's match).

Bad post. Sounds like your source is a bitter old twat.

19 minutes ago, victormeldrew said:

We've no chew with the Forfar fans at all.It wasn't the fans who caused the problems yesterday it was the management of the club and the cheating little turd that caused the problems.

1 hour ago, victormeldrew said:

As mentioned by Aberdeen Cowden above none of the Cowden fans have said anything bad about the Forfar fans who seemed a good bunch. Your bench on the otherhand....

2 hours ago, theSilverFox said:

I heard this before yesterday and I'm not naming my source on a public forum but they are real. It is an opinion held by him and shared by other Forfar board members. No idea what other clubs' feeling are regarding your club. 

Since your board are a bunch of wankers, I wouldn't think anyone should be expected to show them any respect. !

your chairman in particular is a disgrace. I personally heard him call a Cowden fan a p***k at the first CP game. No surprise his manager acts in a similar manner and your bunch are disliked. 

Arbroath beat us last week and no problems with manager, fans or Directors afterwards. Plain to see where the problem lies.

8 minutes ago, Brazilianlex said:

Since your board are a bunch of wankers, I wouldn't think anyone should be expected to show them any respect. !

your chairman in particular is a disgrace. I personally heard him call a Cowden fan a p***k at the first CP game. No surprise his manager acts in a similar manner and your bunch are disliked. 

Arbroath beat us last week and no problems with manager, fans or Directors afterwards. Plain to see where the problem lies.

Our chairman would recognise a p***k, he sees one in the mirror everyday. Most of the others are good men including the one whose opinion was given on your lot. Obvious that the Cowden fans will only see things one way and I'm sure there is history between the sets of board members. Pointless debating it anymore, let's just draw a line under it. No point in wishing you well again in your fight for survival as I doubt it would be accepted willingly given that too many of you are blaming one incident in one game as your potential downfall.

2 minutes ago, theSilverFox said:

Our chairman would recognise a p***k, he sees one in the mirror everyday. Most of the others are good men including the one whose opinion was given on your lot. Obvious that the Cowden fans will only see things one way and I'm sure there is history between the sets of board members. Pointless debating it anymore, let's just draw a line under it. No point in wishing you well again in your fight for survival as I doubt it would be accepted willingly given that too many of you are blaming one incident in one game as your potential downfall.

Everyone on here knows if we end in the play off or go down that the 7 straight defeats before Locke came down will be what killed our chances. It was a controversial incident yesterday which wasn't helped by the touch line dramatics but it won't be the sole reason if we fail.

Guest bernardblack
Bollan is a tosser. Was at it the last game at CP too.
heard there was a bust up in the boardroom too involving Forfar directors. They are a disgrace of a club from top to bottom.

I've only just seen this. That last part is ridiculous. Disgrace is a very strong word.

Bollan literally moved about two steps for the red card incident too.

20 minutes ago, bernardblack said:

I've only just seen this. That last part is ridiculous. Disgrace is a very strong word.

Maybe, he must have a 10meter stride length.

Just watched highlights. Bollan booting it away when Locke trying to shake hands, what a weapon. Also Neilly Irvine getting the Forfar bench telt when Rutherford gets a red ' you're reaction get him sent off, hope yer happy ya shower o c***s'! ( or something like that)

I heard this before yesterday and I'm not naming my source on a public forum but they are real. It is an opinion held by him and shared by other Forfar board members. No idea what other clubs' feeling are regarding your club. 

Mr online hearsay at it again. Never at the match and lives in a lonely world of doom and gloom. Smokies winning the league pal...face up to it.

4 hours ago, bernardblack said:

Load of shite that, Bollan was well on the pitch i've seen photos from the game he should have been pulled up by the ref and lino for being there.

3 hours ago, Velazquez Blue said:

Mr online hearsay at it again. Never at the match and lives in a lonely world of doom and gloom. Smokies winning the league pal...face up to it.

I rarely do the hearsay thing but was adding what I'd heard previously given the hearsay from your lot regarding a possible bust up in the board room on Saturday. 

I wasn't at this match due to other commitments but I'm a season ticket holder of many many years at Station Park and have visited many away grounds over the years including yours about a dozen or so times.

I'll be pleasantly surprised if we win the league now after bottling it at the weekend.

What a shame you need things explained to you.

Guest bernardblack
Load of shite that, Bollan was well on the pitch i've seen photos from the game he should have been pulled up by the ref and lino for being there.

The "technical area" is practically on the pitch!

Regardless, that's a red card every single time. Doesn't matter if he caught him or not, those are the rules.

31 minutes ago, bernardblack said:

Regardless, that's a red card every single time. Doesn't matter if he caught him or not, those are the rules.

But it isn't on it where he and half the bench were^_^

33 minutes ago, bernardblack said:

If scott brown can get his red reduced to a yellow for that tackle, then Rutherford should be awarded the fair play award for league 2 for his.

Archived