Oor Nicola Sturgeon thread.

Pearbuyerbell

53 minutes ago, ICTJohnboy said:

Kincy's a bit too far right to appeal to Nigel.

I think even Farage abandoned the idea of forcing the Irish to accept UK rule again. Kincy is still endlessly aggrieved at them for leaving in the 1920s and so wants - nay, demands - the ungrateful paddies’ repatriation.

1 hour ago, Kima Greggs said:

Jane Lax, Jesus wept.

Kincys twitter follows still looking like the guest list to a dinner party thrown by Nigel Farage.

To be fair, you’re looking at the whittled-down guest list. Plenty of Kincy’s fellow grievance-junkie racists have been banned from Twitter for extremism.

2 hours ago, The_Kincardine said:

Absolutely nothing that Elsie won't find a grievance in:

Her name is “Jane Lax”, a well known far-right Brexiteer (your kind of woman), not “Elsie”. But I agree, she exists solely to find grievance and stoke hatred (again - your kind of woman). She has also been described in the media as a “vile troll” for her abusive public language (so most definitely your kind of … well, you can infer the rest).

Edited by Antlion

On 27/11/2021 at 19:38, Zern said:

You appear slightly confused on whether this has been passed, it has. It wasn't challenged.

It deals with the integral part of the devolution, voting rights which are wholly devolved to Scotland.

The expected challenge will be once the vote is passed for an independence referendum.

To be held under the terms of that exact legislation. Which passed and was not challenged.

Hard to see what legal argument can be levied against it. 

I do not understand what you are referring to.  If it is the Keatings case then that decision has already been made.  It was termed hypothetical.  Why, because the Scottish Government pulled out of backing the case. 

The "expected challenge" could have come earlier.  

Edited by Kenneth840

"Behind the ball here, once more, the Herald offers us the October A&E waiting time data, for Scotland, of 73.5% seen in 4 hours, only 18% better than NHS England at 61.9%

After two weeks when the figure fell to around 70%, in October, the figures have climbed in November against the usual winter trend."

https://talkingupscotlandtwo.com/2021/12/07/nhs-scotland-emergency-services-18-better-than-england-and-improving-for-4-weeks-now-after-blip/

9 hours ago, Baxter Parp said:

"Behind the ball here, once more, the Herald offers us the October A&E waiting time data, for Scotland, of 73.5% seen in 4 hours, only 18% better than NHS England at 61.9%

After two weeks when the figure fell to around 70%, in October, the figures have climbed in November against the usual winter trend."

https://talkingupscotlandtwo.com/2021/12/07/nhs-scotland-emergency-services-18-better-than-england-and-improving-for-4-weeks-now-after-blip/

Quit with the constant comparisons to England and just admit that while different, both are shameful figures.

10 minutes ago, Antlion said:

Translation: don’t dare provide context if it makes the Tories look bad!

Translation: don't dare question my deflection of a shameful SNP government performance onto an even more shameful( we are privatising it anyway, we don't care) Tory government. 

3 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar Tier 3 said:

Translation: don't dare question my deflection of a shameful SNP government performance onto an even more shameful( we are privatising it anyway, we don't care) Tory government. 

I don’t think I denied both are shameful. The SNP have never been anything to brag about when it comes to waiting times (at least not in my memory). However, the Tories and Labour are in no position to criticise, given their execrable handling of healthcare over the years and at present - yet they think they can do so without looking like hypocrites.

The Scottish government when it fails in its duty or does not do a good job should be held to account. Whoever happens to be in power in Holyrood that should be the case,

Thats not being anti independence, if anything Id say thats the opposite. Theres plenty independence voters who think the SNP arent that good at the day to day.

9 minutes ago, Antlion said:

I don’t think I denied both are shameful. The SNP have never been anything to brag about when it comes to waiting times (at least not in my memory). However, the Tories and Labour are in no position to criticise, given their execrable handling of healthcare over the years and at present - yet they think they can do so without looking like hypocrites.

Agree regards Tories and Labour's record, but this constant" we are better than them" just doesn't wash.

5 minutes ago, Abdul_Latif said:

You are miles off the mark.

The Tories are despicable and doing a terrible job.

The SNP are also doing a terrible job.

Both can be simultaneously true.

And yet two - the Tories and Labour - are demonstrably doing a worse job. Does that let the SNP off the hook? Absolutely not. Does it mean we should ignore the fact that the only alternatives are worse, when those alternatives are the main critics? Definitely not.

1 minute ago, Antlion said:

Does it mean we should ignore the fact that the only alternatives are worse, when those alternatives are the main critics? Definitely not.

It means more, now that ever, that we need credible new party alternatives and should not just accept the same old tired narrative.