The 2017 Play-Off Thread

The Naitch

Play-Off Winners  

54 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

10 minutes ago, 7-2 said:

Excellent. I love anything that reminds the new age stattos that the game is played on a pitch, not a spreadsheet.

It's not reminding them anything. Teams under and over-perform for various reasons. Football is an unpredictable sport, but that doesn't mean you can't try and quantify how good a team is beyond their results.

I've heard people suggest that Stam is a very astute tactician and spends a lot of time on defensive shape in training, so that could be the explanation; based on that shot model, they 'should' have conceded ~78 goals, but actually only conceded 68.

FWIW, I wouldn't mind them winning tomorrow. Anomalies are what make football fun.

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, mizfit said:

Apparently only 5000 Blackpool fans there.

Less than I expected

Good comparison between today and their visit in 2010...

592ae8c810049_ScreenShot2017-05-28at16_11_12.png.e6d9587462d6259f95586d6f938ec0de.png

Fair enough they're two divisions lower now and that does put off some of the casual gloryhunters and they've got the issues with the owners of course but that's still a huge drop off.

I genuinely expected less.

I was expecting them to do a Coventry.

Boycott all league games then turn out in numbers for a day trip to Wembley.

Archived