CLYDE FC Season 2017-18 Thread

Got to say guys Scottish football is littered with new managers coming in and getting a tune out of previous managers players I forone is ppleased we've ditched the policy of ex old firm candidates 

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No one else anywhere in the fucking world uses up its runners as key ball-distributors....yet we still have buffoons referring to 'ball-winner/playmaker' balances in midfield (cringey morons who like it 'in the mixer' and 'the big guys going for it' etc) which have never-ever existed as departmental vocations in any succesful form of the game.

During the dark days of last season, I would have settled for "getting it in the mixer" and "fighting for the ball".

Unfortunately we had players that were incapable of even getting the ball in the mixer. They hit the first defender or over hit crosses. I could count on one hand the number of decent crosses Johnston put in all season.

Only in the latter days of the season did we have Goodwillie in the team, that seemed interested in successfully fighting for the ball. Gormley may have fought but seemed to forget to come away with the ball.

I'm looking forward to a new style of play, whatever that may be, as most of the last two seasons have been awful to watch. Something different from that dross would be appreciated.

I wouldn't sign him, in short. Played against us a few times. Composed. Uses the ball fairly well. Wouldn't get a game ahead of Goodwillie or Peaso. No chance. Doing well if he took Gormley out the team. Doesn't have outstanding speed, strength or intelligence to support his game.

Better with Osadolor. Or, better still, the lad Ouzy See from Edinburgh.

Like to see more experienced players than those mentioned getting brought in.

JC's first day in the job.Predict that first signing to be announced will be Easton.This will soften us up for news that McLaughlin and    Higgins have resigned and Linton has gone to Berwick.However we will be perked up with the news that Goodwillie will sign a short term deal.After that will follow news of a host of ex Annan players joining us.

Archived