CLYDE FC Season 2017-18 Thread

As supporters we all dare to dream and we all had that with Barry a Ferguson appointment and signings to follow....
Hindsight is a wonderful thing and mistakes were made on and off the park but clubs best interest at hearts regardless of the pro or anti board lads n lassies...
We now have an appointment that personally doesn't excite me in the slightest and very concerned what level of player would want to join us on a likely wage drop and a manager that lets face it ain't box office from his own managerial or playing career..
5th or 6th every season , Careful what you wish for indeed..
Best o luck

It's all the fans fault. Bring back Barry [emoji90]

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ferguson never called in favours. He attracted players,Fell out with them too quickly but brought hope.

Im not a fan of chapman i happily admit from day one but i certainly dont want him to fail or appear internitantly on here if/when he does. Actually quite like the sound of us being the new hatchet men very wimbledon/Airdrie theme to it from past years.

Just a shame this appointment will cost us DE and no doubt DG amongst other potential signings but you just never know

Best o luck

Ps. Stupid Q i know.You ever had a chicken Foo Yeung. Bawfin[emoji40]

Just a shame this appointment will cost us DE and no doubt DG amongst other potential signings but you just never know

I hope they stay.

However, I'd much rather have a team that is greater than the sum of its parts.

That is the sign of a good manager and team.

Interesting from Annan fans on Facebook / Twitter, a general disappointment that they are loosing Chapman, small sample size I granted but most seem to think he did a more that decent job and mention his ability to attract players.

Time will tell I suppose and anything will be an improvement on season just gone, suppose we will see when we start to see the coming and going at the club. As I said before hopefully news many going. Interesting to see Peaso and JP take on it. More than happy to see player coach roles, certainly Peaso in particular.

Right answer me this, why is it when a player or manager is doing good in League Two but instead of a so called step up he comes to Clyde ? but you never see a good Clyde player moving to go to the likes of Annan, Arbroath etc ? is it because we are the biggest club in the league ?

That's an embarrassing post.....maybe thee players haven't moved from Clyde to these clubs because managers haven't deemed them good enough, which is why you have continually under perform in the cesspit of Scottish football.

Ferguson had the haters from day one, well so does Chapman. Does the fact Chapman can't call in favours like Wur Baz managed to, mean he should be hung before a teamsheets been drawn up? 

What did we wish for? And what did we get? 

Club ponced off a guy stupid enough to think he was a manager. They can f**k off soon enough as well. 

I've heard you & SSB saying "You get what you wish for' ......do you mean that we should've stuck with Ferguson because he could attract better calibre of player??
Maybe we should have given him another 5 seasons & 200 players to try and get things right..........poor wee soul.

The guy was a total fkn flop & should've been sacked by the shitebags upstairs long before he threw in the towel.

Good luck to Chapman but personally I would've went for Lennon.

Won a league wae east stirling finishing 3rd, That must have been a great league....

Im not going to dress it up or think it might work....

Should have been stark or lauchlan

You have mentioned this a few times as an attempt to cheapen his league success but the season you mention East Stirling were pretty heavily bankrolled.

I've heard you & SSB saying "You get what you wish for' ......do you mean that we should've stuck with Ferguson because he could attract better calibre of player??
Maybe we should have given him another 5 seasons & 200 players to try and get things right..........poor wee soul.

The guy was a total fkn flop & should've been sacked by the shitebags upstairs long before he threw in the towel.

Good luck to Chapman but personally I would've went for Lennon.

What BF brought in was money for players that was it , I did back him even up till close to the end and go it totally wrong . He simply isn't cut out for management end of He should have gone at Xmas look at the other teams we could still have made the play offs , but the board sat on their hands until he chucked it (pathetic leadership )
They however got off scott free as all the ire went at Ferguson the shambles of a season shouldn't be forgotten and treatment reasons for it happening

As most have guessed don't see Chapman as a great appointment

But hey ho that's what we have got, let's see the squad he assembles

17 hours ago, Jaggy Snake said:

People were crying out for someone with managerial experience at this level then moan when that's what they get.

If experience, as most football supporters understand it, can be manifest in unrelenting mediocrity then yes, I suppose we have our man; "Another Duffy".

If he can take Annan into the playoffs this year there's no reason he can't do the same with Clyde.

Any manager of Annan or Clyde who had them finishing 5th or worse would be an especially inept manager. Both teams have natural home advantages which can't easily be deleted.

Don't think Danny Lennon, as some mentioned, was even a remote possibility.

I think that's probably correct. Look, I reckon Chapman's a safe hire. Maybe he'll promote us through the play-offs. But I can't see us having the sort of season that Forfar or Annan have just had. That is, in point of consistency. Mind, if we kept Goodwillie, Easton, Linton and McNeil... That'd be a core of exceptional talent similar to the core he had when he managed to promote Dumbarton (Clark, Carcary etc).

Give the guy a chance fs, he's got experience which we want and he got Annan in the play offs after they lost a lot of players last summer I'm sure.

Honestly Clyde fans would be moaning like f**k if we appointed Alex Ferguson

Wasn't any stand out candidate for the job. Chapman has had Annan competing at the right end of the table the last four seasons but they've never been promoted. He has spotted a number of good players for this level Hart, Todd, Flanagan, Smith and had Flynn in decent form. I would think it would be easier to attract these types of players to Clyde as we are in the central belt. Got to give him a chance and if he can retain the few decent players we had from last season then he would be off to a good start.

Personally I think Chapman will do a good job at Clyde.

Can't blame him for leaving Annan he done a decent job on a small budget. Must have been difficult to get players to come down to Annan to play for him.
He won't have the same problem at Clyde as they are in the Central belt and should have a bigger budget to spend on players.
I hope he doesn't take too Many Annan players with him.

12 minutes ago, marco44 said:

Personally I think Chapman will do a good job at Clyde.

Can't blame him for leaving Annan he done a decent job on a small budget. Must have been difficult to get players to come down to Annan to play for him.
He won't have the same problem at Clyde as they are in the Central belt and should have a bigger budget to spend on players.
I hope he doesn't take too Many Annan players with him.

He'd a mini bus full of Glasgow players at Annan.

Archived