CLYDE FC Season 2017-18 Thread

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not just about appointing a manager its getting something decent to come to our level. Would Linton. Easton. Goodwille. Peaso sign for JC or similar type... He would have us erm solid. Boring and as much as BF never worked he at least brought some pre season excitement like the 300 or more who were at EK for a pre season flippin friendly...!..

What is the point in getting good players to drop to this level if you play eye-watering hoofball and go half a season without a win?

Maybe having no big names or egos but a solid and effectively coached team is the way forward!

Hardly think the EK guy you have been promoting is box office either which makes your point about chapman even more bizarre.

Apart from sevco can i have the last 6teams to win 3rd division.. Thanks

In order of most recent

Arbroath
East Fife
Albion Rovers
Peterhead
Alloa
Arbroath

We've done it with an experienced manager and a rookie player manager.

14 minutes ago, 1320Lichtie said:

In order of most recent

Arbroath
East Fife
Albion Rovers
Peterhead
Alloa
Arbroath

We've done it with an experienced manager and a rookie player manager.

Interesting.

So 4 out of 6 of these successes was with a manager in his first 3 years of managememt, just goes to show that route to success is a fairly common one.

Just a pity we backed the wrong horse :(

3 hours ago, shawfield shed boy said:

Not just about appointing a manager its getting something decent to come to our level. Would Linton. Easton. Goodwille. Peaso sign for JC or similar type... He would have us erm solid. Boring and as much as BF never worked he at least brought some pre season excitement like the 300 or more who were at EK for a pre season flippin friendly...!..

There's been 357 goals in Annan games over the last three seasons. Solid and boring they are not. Indeed, if they were solid they'd probably have got promotion and that's a bigger problem for me.

By comparison, Clyde games have featured 304 goals. And a fair few of them have been in games against Annan (34 in the last 8 games)!

Interesting.
So 5 out of 6 of these successes was with a manager in his first 3 years of managememt, just goes to show that route to success is a fairly common one.
Just a pity we backed the wrong horse [emoji20]

Paul Sheerin 1st year. Paul Hartley 1st year. Darren Young 1st year. Garry Naysmith 1st year.

Mcinally at Peterhead had been about though. Morton and East Stirling before Peterhead.

1 minute ago, 1320Lichtie said:

Paul Sheerin 1st year. Paul Hartley 1st year. Darren Young 1st year. Garry Naysmith 1st year.

Mcinally at Peterhead had been about though. Morton and East Stirling before Peterhead.

Damn you got there before my edit :lol:

Interesting.

So 4 out of 6 of these successes was with a manager in his first 3 years of managememt, just goes to show that route to success is a fairly common one.

Just a pity we backed the wrong horse [emoji20]

Out of interest and I have no idea of the answer, how many newish managers have failed to win the league?

How many newish managers have finished bottom of the league over the period being discussed?

And how many newish managers have just disappeared from management after their unsuccessful tenure?

11 minutes ago, haufdaft said:

Out of interest and I have no idea of the answer, how many newish managers have failed to win the league?
How many newish managers have finished bottom of the league over the period being discussed?

Havent a clue.

Off the top of my head it appears quite a few have made a positive impact though.

Even given the above, you could also say the same this season for Petrie at Montrose, and looking at the Binos recovery from earlier this season, Dave Mackay also gets a lot of credit.

However, no way am I suggesting that we go down that route again, after all for every Naismith or Hartley there's a Stuart Miller or Bazza I suppose :lol:

All chairman who have threw fair bit o cash at squads. We dont have that luxury & with BF and his backers away i felt we should have turned to a manager who is used to winning titles on a limited budget, Looks like were going to have neither this season. Best o luck

Interesting turn of phrase.....to be fair, we actually didn't back the wrong horse at all....the conditions were created to win this league with a romp, and no one sacked the jockey when his horse was stumbling like f**k under his whip, when the humane thing to do was put HIM down. 

Are you real. How could we afford to sack him. Board bashing as usual from you and same old faces on here & no doubt for next 10year, Very tedious and boring...

SSB and EP you both have valid points, its time to move on though and hopefully we have change on the horizon.

The fans want change and I'm sure the current board aren't happy with last season. I'm a big board critic well some of them.

We all have to pull together now and hopefully the new chairman and a few changes in how the club is run will help us get back to better days.

We need to stop all the infighting and pull together

SSB and EP you both have valid points, its time to move on though and hopefully we have change on the horizon.
The fans want change and I'm sure the current board aren't happy with last season. I'm a big board critic well some of them.
We all have to pull together now and hopefully the new chairman and a few changes in how the club is run will help us get back to better days.
We need to stop all the infighting and pull together

Agree

Maybe the new chairman along with some new additions to the board can bring the fans together not since the trust days has everyone been pulling in the same direction. Time will tell, but while we are arguing about fans meeting the new chairman and a manager who hasn't even been appointed that seems a bit of a way off
the real positive so far for me is the meeting on the 3rd of June shows a level of engagement from the chairman that has been missing for years let's see what he has to say (more importantly his actions ) , let's see who the new manager is before slaughtering them both as EP says there is a demand for change let's see how it pans out.

Danny Lennon and Sven Alke spotted inside Paps night club with a bottle of desperado.. signing celebrations maybe ?

At last!

Some rumour and speculation to help fill the dreaded close season.

*It doesn't matter how much you're taking the piss. I appreciate the effort. Any port in the storm as they say.

Archived