CLYDE FC Season 2017-18 Thread

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, GYSPY ARMY said:

If we don't go up next season I can't see us doing it for a very long time. Just have that feeling. I can see us going down more than going up though.

If you had written that 2 years ago I would have agreed with you. I just can't see where it is coming from. I can only hope the new manager is a game changer.

Martin Lauchlan would win us league in 2seasons max and needs to be given job out of realistic targets but regardless of who gets job club need to move fast to give new guy time to get players in who are currently free & No doubt will already have clubs on the Phone otherwise we can right off next season...

Cmon board. Guy has worked wonders in season or two with both rossvale and EK who were nowhere when he joined em, Can spot a player or bring players on(At EK game sat & lad Victoria who was pish for arbroath and QP. Now a stand out) Knows lower leagues & The rumours of players on big money at EK load o nonsence...

Chapman would be a downward appointment and Stark goin to raith with Daz Young

Martin Lauchlan would win us league in 2seasons max and needs to be given job out of realistic targets but regardless of who gets job club need to move fast to give new guy time to get players in who are currently free & No doubt will already have clubs on the Phone otherwise we can right off next season...

Cmon board. Guy has worked wonders in season or two with both rossvale and EK who were nowhere when he joined em, Can spot a player or bring players on(At EK game sat & lad Victoria who was pish for arbroath and QP. Now a stand out) Knows lower leagues & The rumours of players on big money at EK load o nonsence...

The most important thing is picking the right guy and then getting him the resources to bring in players , In the past years good loan players or players dropping out of higher league teams at Xmas and being snapped up have been crucial to teams going up , you need good connections in the game
I think innes ( let's face it he will probably pick the new manager ) will look for someone he knows or comes with a good reputation and who can also bring on younger players
I'm not particularly fussed who we get at the moment , just hope that the they get this appointment right , I dont think it's time to take a punt on someone like they did with BF

For my money if he wants it they will go for Stark

He's a stand out because of the league he plays in and that he played the bottom club in the country. He is where he is for a reason !!

There's no way EK have the squad they have without paying decent money, personally wouldn't want lauchlan as we would be totally different to what he's used to. 

Not sure how much I believe that shortlist, JP and peaso didn't do that much to merit being on it although they were working with nothing. 

Chapman at least has a record in this league, stark would be similar so wouldn't mind either of them. 

Spoiler

I think Peaso and JP do deserve to be on the shortlist, remember these guys came in, in very difficult circumstances, the job they had to do was to keep our league status and did that successfully, they got 3 wins and 3 draws from the same players that BF could only get 1 pt in 17 games or so, i know DGW and the 2 loanees from Dundee made a difference but it was those 2 that brought them to the club, better than the dross BF brought in.

Zero evidence to back up your opening statement, I'm sure we heard similar bold claims about Ferguson. Fact is that Lachlan hasn't managed at this level so would be a gamble. (Might well work out but a gamble none the less).

Comes across as a right cock as well!

Victoria is a stand out for EK because the lowland league is absolutely bobbins. The same goes for Jack Smith who scored 35 in one season for EK despite being rancid everywhere else.

Spoiler  
I think Peaso and JP do deserve to be on the shortlist, remember these guys came in, in very difficult circumstances, the job they had to do was to keep our league status and did that successfully, they got 3 wins and 3 draws from the same players that BF could only get 1 pt in 17 games or so, i know DGW and the 2 loanees from Dundee made a difference but it was those 2 that brought them to the club, better than the dross BF brought in.

And in two attempts couldn't summon a goal against Cowdenbeath

As coaches maybe managers no chance

Spoiler  

4 games against bottom 2 teams
1 point

Victoria is a stand out for EK because the lowland league is absolutely bobbins. The same goes for Jack Smith who scored 35 in one season for EK despite being rancid everywhere else.

Only seen him once and that was sat v cowdenbeath since previous clubs.He was a stand out on sat & he would have walked into any team in our league last season...

Zero evidence to back up your opening statement, I'm sure we heard similar bold claims about Ferguson. Fact is that Lachlan hasn't managed at this level so would be a gamble. (Might well work out but a gamble none the less). Comes across as a right cock as well!     

Further down my post maybe would suggest why i think he.ll do well if you read it all.  Lets face it Were in a position that not many or any successful managers from league aboves would join us in a millon years...

We now have a choice of appointing a manager from only one league below who is used to winning trophies and leagues with a canter which inc shire this season who threw a fair few quid at their squad (Andy rodgers n co), took over a minor junior team leading them to same success Versus Lets say Jim chapman who was Quoted on sat saying that getting beat by forfar in a play off the highlight of his career-Great ambition eh...

Lauchlan could be our new Maitland,Earned success at a lower level & was rightly given a chance with us..If we dont appointment him someone else will one day and im certain we.ll regret it

9 hours ago, Only one David Marsh said:

I'm not saying Duffy is a messiah I meant we need an experienced team to get us out of this division, I probably should have worded it better my apologies. 

I know what you mean mate: there was at least organisation about some of his later teams. I just can't suffer the thought of another little-or-no-honours journeyman coming in.

We now have a choice of appointing a manager from only one league below who is used to winning trophies and leagues with a canter

Would you not rather have a manager that has a history of being challenged by the opposition and all the experience and knowledge that brings?

Would you say that Ronny Deila's experience at Celtic would prepare him to manage a team in a more competitive league at a higher level?

Any appointment a risk but he must be doing something right to wim so many leagues in the league your in.

Plenty of good managers started somewhere. Maitland from Knightswood and then maryhill.of course...

We were very unlucky with BF appointment when u look at 1st time managers like Young.Ross.Goodwin and Hopkin etc at their respectove clubs & Not sure they.ll be many managers climbing over each for our current vacancy

Lauchlan's a no from me. He may have scooshed whatever leagues he was in, but the majority of teams lowland league and below are of a lower quality. Shire for example were beating teams 9-0!

You may not like the likes of chapman but it can't be disputed he's got a proven record of performance at this level, Lauchlan doesn't.

We can't afford to have any unknown variables. 

One for the future perhaps?

Archived