CLYDE FC Season 2017-18 Thread

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome, Jim. Did well with Annan, hopefully will do well with us. The fact that he's choosing to leave one League Two club for us suggests that he likes what he hears about Clyde, too, which is encouraging given that we have a new Chairman.

Most of us were excited by Ferguson's appointment and look how that one panned out. Chapman's a solid enough appointment for me and should have us in the mix for the play-offs at least. Will wait until at least seeing what his recruitment's like before starting to form an opinion on him, although his personality/seething post-match interviews tend to grate on me a bit. Glad we've got a manager in place relatively early doors.

Edit: He's worked with McNiff, Smith(?) and Flynn before, which is a bonus. He likes a back 3 at times so, if he still likes the former pair, then another CB in would make a reasonable rear guard, with McNeil and Lowdon as attacking wing-backs. Another 15 goal season from Flynn would be magic.

Think it's a good appointment, done well at Annan and may bring a few with him from that team. 

Might also get Matty Flynn playing and scoring regular again. Will see what he does with the squad, glad it's sorted early. 

Certainly not over excited with the appointment and sincerely hope he does not bring that bunnet of an assistant with him. 

Now he is here will give my support, wish him the very best of luck and hope he is really ruthless with the squad and gets shot of 90% of them! Really don't want to go through either last seasons debacle or what must be an absolute nightmare for Cowdenbeth fans today.

Just now, haufdaft said:

It would have been nice to have an interview with Chapman on the official site along with the announcement.

I reckon he's already on holiday and knew the job was his weeks ago which may explain the lack of an interview.

I reckon he's already on holiday and knew the job was his weeks ago which may explain the lack of an interview.

Even the usual pleasantries
"I'm looking forward to the challenge. I hope to be a success. Clyde should be in a higher league and I aim get them there. McLaughlin and Higgins will never play for Clyde again...ever"

Easy

I wouldn't be too suprised to see Smart Osodolar end up at us in the near future either (this is based on nothing other than the fact he's favourited the post on Facebook and Twitter).

He has seen us play at least 4 times this season so he can be under no allusions about some of the dross in the team.Will now be very interesting to see who goes and if LInton and Easton stay.Confident about Easton but wouldn't be surprised to see Linton at Berwick.

I wish him the best of luck.

8 minutes ago, Scott-Replay said:

I wouldn't be too suprised to see Smart Osodolar end up at us in the near future either (this is based on nothing other than the fact he's favourited the post on Facebook and Twitter).

Maybe he was glad to see the back of Chappy.

Smart came back to us this year but rarely got a chance !

Archived