CLYDE FC Season 2017-18 Thread

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If it wasnt for Skelton and weatherston leaving their managerial posts at Qots and shettleston before xmas , They(Annan and Chapman) would have been playing sat in a relegation play off bit like us getting DG..

If club decide not Lauchlan please not Chapman, One league success with Dumbarton in a league that had East Stirling 3rd(!!) not good enough and hes a perfect fit for his current employer & vice versa

3 hours ago, cfcuk said:

4 games against bottom 2 teams
1 point

Butt hey did enough to get us out of the sh1t against other teams. Before they came in we only earned 1point from the previous 17 games.

I am not touting them for the managers job, imo we need an experienced guy in charge but I wouldn't be averse to them landing coaching roles.

Nevermind the manager at the moment. I still see no news of players leaving, what are we waiting for a new manager incase he want to retain these imposters? If that's the case and the new manager does want to retain the likes of McLaughlin , Higgins et al then just switch off the lights
Apart from those on two year contracts chase the rest of them out of Broadwood with a shitey stick new manager or not.
Easton, DGW top priorities to be retained that would make my summer
Add Quinn to that cracking goalkeeper

Next season will be completely irrelevant if we don't sort things of the park. Have people forgot this that's the priority. Until the club is sorted and we have a more stable club with a vision and we all know what that vision is we are going nowhere but down. Are we staying at Broadwood are we relocating. Change is required big time

Said previously would be worth getting gourlay back for the season if Dundee allow it. 

Would like to think we'll have a manager in before end of next week very latest.

We need something else in midfield than mclaughlin and McGovern. Games just went by them. 

And at the end McLaughlin seemed fairly content to stand off players and allow it to happen, hardly a captains performance. 

10 hours ago, cfcuk said:

Nevermind the manager at the moment. I still see no news of players leaving, what are we waiting for a new manager incase he want to retain these imposters? If that's the case and the new manager does want to retain the likes of McLaughlin , Higgins et al then just switch off the lights
Apart from those on two year contracts chase the rest of them out of Broadwood with a shitey stick new manager or not.
Easton, DGW top priorities to be retained that would make my summer
Add Quinn to that cracking goalkeeper

Firstly, we've had plenty of summers with managers where we were waiting weeks to find out who was staying and who was leaving. It’s not even been two weeks since our season finished, and it could easily still have been going if we’d ended up in the playoffs.

Second, as we’re currently trying to appoint a new manager, I actually hope we don’t hear any news of players until this appointment is made. A member of the board may well give recommendations about players who could leave or stay but it should always be the managers decision.

Third, regardless of how poor they were this season, keeping and releasing players is about a balance. For example, maybe they’re waiting for a decision from Easton as to whether he’ll stay before deciding if it’s worth keeping Flynn.

It’s fine to speculate (as there’s nothing else to do just now) but in terms of demanding news, can we not all just be a little patient for a change?

14 hours ago, GYSPY ARMY said:

Never mentioned Gibson did I

The Dundee lad proved himself over a longer period

Totally agree re Gourlay, and misunderstood what you said.

However, I believe Gourlay well thought of at Dundee, and rightly so, and Quinn available having been released from Livingston.

Point I was trying to make was that Quinn, is a far better alternative than Gibson.

If Chapman is appointed. I would have taken LL next season no problems..

We aint going anywhere with him and playing the same teams in 3rd div for next 3year or more has no appeal...

Few more southern games for me and even abroad instead of ST money. Club did warn be careful what you wish for to some during BF reign when things were improving or not & by f**k god help us if JC gets the nod......

I backed BF right from start and till near the end of his reign , but he had to go , he tried his hardest no doubt but in my opinion he just isn't a manager, some people just are not cut out for management and I think BF comes into that category, he might come back and prove me wrong who knows .

Personally I doubt Chapman will get the job , in fact who knows he might not even being interviewed

Not just about appointing a manager its getting something decent to come to our level. Would Linton. Easton. Goodwille. Peaso sign for JC or similar type... He would have us erm solid. Boring and as much as BF never worked he at least brought some pre season excitement like the 300 or more who were at EK for a pre season flippin friendly...!..

Not just about appointing a manager its getting something decent to come to our level. Would Linton. Easton. Goodwille. Peaso sign for JC or similar type... He would have us erm solid. Boring and as much as BF never worked he at least brought some pre season excitement like the 300 or more who were at EK for a pre season flippin friendly...!..

Ferguson wasn't in charge when Goodwillie signed and Easton was playing for Elgin before signing for us. Despite having all these "decent" players we finished 9th last season.

If players aren't going to sign for JC then they want be signing for Lauchlan either. So guessing we can discount him too then?

Archived