CLYDE FC Season 2017-18 Thread

We deal in the bottom end of an arse filled football "talent" pool. Every signing will be greeted with opinion as will every "star"we allow to leave receive a message of regret and what if. Clyde FC is in no position to demand or expect loyalty. Much the same as most clubs in this modern kiss the badge age of football. We get who we can, build a team with them and do the right thing! Get behind them. If they play shite tell them. If they play well tell them.

I'm looking forward to next season mainly because I just don't believe it can be worse than last.

You raging optimist [emoji23]

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Elementary Penguin said:

Wouldn't attempts to reverse 9 years of shite, by actioning procedures with the aim of challenging those who have embraced failure, austerity, minimalist, reticent and almost fatal stewardship to face up to those challenges, and meet them, or step aside. Sounds very positive to me. 

Yes, that is the correct direction. Not enjoyable though.

Crowdfunding FFS! Kept quiet about that. What a bollocks. Easton is not fit. Easton does not want to sign a contract on a low salary until he is fit to our satisfaction. Not prepared to do so. Bye bye Dylan. What is the Crowdfunding to do with rational football decisions?

The crowdfunding appeal is the first time I have not responded to an appeal to help Clyde out financially.Easton showed dome touches of magic in the few games he played and it would have been nice to see what he could be like over a full season.However I am getting annoyed about the money we must have spent on his private surgery and rehabilitation only for some other outfit to benefit.As fast as I am concerned he doesn't deserve the loyalty shown to him by some Clyde fans.When George Herd went to Sunderland I thought my world had come to an end.Since then players have come and gone and who gives a damn?

People have to remember players have to look after their own financial situation. They have bills to pay just like anybody else. If he can get a wage he desires somewhere else then he will take it, just like anyone else.

Back to more important things when the fook is Alexander going to be kicked into touch.

It's time everyone joins the CIC and at the next AGM makes sure he is removed for good. I don't give a shit what the new chairman has to say that he has his uses. The problems this man has caused out weights any good he has ever done or can do.

So where are we now?

GK

DEF

Jack Breslin

Jordan Stewart

Ewan McNeil

Martin McNiff

Jordan Lowdon

MID

Matty Flynn

Scott Ferguson

FWD

David Goodwillie

David Gormley

UNKNOWN

Connor Quinn, Phil Johnston, Jordan McMillan, Chris Smith, Michael Oliver, Scott Linton.

Quite a bit of work to do. Next couple of weeks will be interesting.

I should say, I often don't give a shit even when they DO play for Clyde given the general standard and revolving door squad policy of recent years. Half the time it ain't even worth remembering their names from one Saturday to the next!

Archived