CLYDE FC Season 2017-18 Thread

Not be best pleased if this is the case; Despite playing in an awful team he showed last year that he is a very good player.

If he is on a 2 year deal at least get a nominal fee for him; if only to recoup last years wages. But as I say much rather keep him!   

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Aye signed for two years so as far as I'm concerned tough, I get all that don't want an unhappy player stuff that the  managers all say but we cant afford to just let him go, other wise what message does that send out re two year contracts what's the point.

All I would be interested in would be nominal fee to cover wages a I said earlier, but it would be very irritating as he is a good player.      

Think mcneill also on a high wage. Possible contract termination IF he wants to leave....Soon find out

He deserves to be a high wage, was one of very few who performed week in week out last season. Huge mistake if he goes!

4 minutes ago, Clyde01 said:

He deserves to be a high wage, was one of very few who performed week in week out last season. Huge mistake if he goes!

100% correct, for the first time in I don't know how long we have decent player who is still under contract to the club.

Should not be going anywhere and if he does we should get some kind of compensation.

9 minutes ago, Scott-Replay said:

Reckon that rumour is true personally.

Our manager is looking to add a gk, right back and winger to complete the squad, so Easton ain't coming to us. McNeill would be very welcome though. 

Just now, shawfield shed boy said:

Easton will go league up surely. Could easily go two up

I'd like to think he would. I've just got a horrible feeling he'll sign for a team in this league.

I see we've two pre-season games against Airdrie and Raith Rovers. Two games at home against, what should be, strong opposition. Pre-season starts on Sunday, hopefully we'll have some players signed up before then.

McNeil being signed up makes me sceptical of that rumour, and what his reasoning would be for wanting to go to Stirling. 

Two testing friendlies before betfred cup welcome and give the squad game time. Hoping for some players in soon. 

If rumour about McNeil true then transfer fee (nominal ) he is a good player and should be retained
This idea he is big earner get him out the door well if that's innes strategy welcome to another year in div 2
If however it's to bring in better players then all good and well if it's penny pinching then god help us
Who we bring in will tell us a lot about the direction the club is going in
As EP said shouldn't surprise us given the statements at the fans meeting

Archived