CLYDE FC Season 2017-18 Thread

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I lost any respect for most of last season's squad before but especially during the Montrose game after Ferguson's resignation.

Their lack of professionalism, pride and respect for the fans that night means I cannot get worked up about any of them leaving the club.

4 hours ago, Jaggy Snake said:

At least we won’t have to spend a season saying the manager needs time to make changes and bring in his own players, instead of using the previous managers squad, I suppose.

Oh, I think you'll be surprised at the quality of rationalisation some come up with.

Losing Linton is absolutely Torbett. But I'll say this: if we're binning half-fit players to get fit ones in, that's admirable. Admirable, that is, if the trade-off against fitness doesn't reduce the quality of the player and, more importantly, the side as a whole.

I lost any respect for most of last season's squad before but especially during the Montrose game after Ferguson's resignation.

Their lack of professionalism, pride and respect for the fans that night means I cannot get worked up about any of them leaving the club.

Great post....agree wholeheartedly [emoji1360]

Being honest Easton was the only one I think we will really miss , let's see who we bring in and how we play most last year's div 2 gallaticos have been chased out of the club ( unfortunately not with the shitty stick I recommended )
Everyone seems to forget these clowns nearly took us out the Scottish league
As for wages we were told that they were he simply cause BF was manager a d they could get better deals else where what a load of horseshit
Anyway any complaints or excuses a out budgets direct them straight to the chairman he likes small budgets [emoji16]

There is no way we are going to find comparable or better players to Linton or Easton. Depressing that we are seeing the few guys that could actually play a bit being shipped out along with the other dross. If McNeil goes too that will be a shambles.

ETA: need some good news like Johnston being released to cheer me up!

Awful lot of negativity on here, but I suppose we are Clyde fans.

Think we should wait to see who is brought in to replace these guys before going off on one.

After all as previous posters have pointed out, most of this squad (Easton excepted) are the spineless wasters who nearly got us relegated, so I for one am more than happy to see the back of most of them.

Technically are all players that were on one year deals not out of contract now? Not to say Linton won't be back. I was gutted we weren't getting to see Easton again, but losing Linton would be a bigger blow for me.

No need to panic just yet on the squad we are assembling

Personally I will wait till after our first competitive game [emoji16]

Then panic it's a Clyde tradition

The statement was, and i quote, 'careful what you wish for'.....and previous to that, when supporters began picking on individual players, we were told that their wages weren't a big deal when they signed......wrong!! Two or three on here (at least) will concur that i was asking as far back as the Shire game in March/April 2015 why the recruitment strategy had changed so readily, having just had Marko, Courageous, Murray and others join from higher league teams, and if so, how the f**k were they being paid. The accounts in November will be very interesting, if things really are so bad financially, yet the information is dished out here third-hand......no one other than the supporters seemed to be that bothered by the situation at the season's end. 

That was one of them(Along with a few others) Barring a couple it does look like were back to bargain basement unless the chairman starts accepting offers of cash(Allegedly) or we find a dougie imrie playing low league junior or lower/same wages on offer.... 

Also stand by my suggestion that a Jim chapman team wont have us winnin leagues in august but neither will have us 9th or below i.d hope..Not sure whats worse hoping n failing or avin no hope..

Finially Major kudos to goodwille signing on with the likes of easton. Mcmillian.Linton and possible mcneill not staying on when from experiance players of that quality would hang around first to see who their playing aside regardless of non football matters before putting pen to paper..

Roll n rovers and a cup o tea Luv

The squad so far, whilst not absolutely terrible, just looks so underwhelming. I fully expect a season of utter mediocrity under a mediocre manager. Hopefully we have something up our sleeve (and I don't mean Darren Ramsey).

Or on the Player profile on OS has been updated in last day or two:

Miller,Currie and the rest of new signings added.

Linton, McNeil and Quinn all on it. Worryingly Johnston still there too

Peaso, JP etc all off

Archived