CLYDE FC Season 2017-18 Thread

• Replies 4.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, FREDDYFRY said:

Or on the Player profile on OS has been updated in last day or two:

Miller,Currie and the rest of new signings added.

Linton, McNeil and Quinn all on it. Worryingly Johnston still there too

Peaso, JP etc all off

Only the guys contracted, or not formally released though. I'm sure Smith, McMillan and Oliver were still on there earlier this week.

44 minutes ago, maxruby said:

Anybody got news on the showcase/trials taking place at Broadwood this week?

Trial game on Saturday. (source PFA website)

I doubt there's not much in the way of good players there only one I recognised from the pictures was the shit right back that Stirling had last season right weird looking c**t 

I think for the vast majority any squad put together at this point in comparison to last year is going to seem underwhelming. However, how many times have we been let down by pre-season signing excitement?

I'm quite content with the squad being assembled. A mix of youth and experience by a manager with extensive knowledge of the leagues. Rather this than anything even close to last year's excitement then stark reality twist again.

Guy's not even been in the job for a friendly/competitive match and already being written off by some of his own support. No wonder we are viewed so negatively by the footballing community at times.

Bit like being told every year what a great job the board are doing , only for the chairman to come in a tell us that there isn't one part of the club operating well.

So unless that's sorted out welcome to div 2 football ad infinitum

14 minutes ago, DeanMck said:

We still badly need a leader in the team.

Could not agree more with that. Hopefully one of the desired CB/CMs has those attributes. 

Still two weeks until the Rovers friendly. Reckon another 4/5 names will be added to our squad in that time. *crosses fingers*

I do think that it is still relatively early days, considering the size of the rebuilding job that is necessary. The next couple of signings whenever that happens, will I assume, give us an idea where in the league we will be completing at next season. Have to remember of course we were absolutely honking, particularly last year! To turn that around in a few weeks is a big ask  for any Manager in this league. I suspect that this may take a couple of windows to turn this around to anything close to what we all want.

Not nice to have to think about but reality which is why I agree that the signings have to reflect some kind of leadership on the park;  a decent Keeper (We are led to believe)  signed is a good start as is a goal scorer, which at our level is always difficult to come by, again we have a good start in that respect.  

Still plenty of time to enhance our squad, I as always look forward to the new season with optimism - otherwise what is the fucking point ?, I will be more than chuffed if we are top 4 (and improving) come Christmas.

I do think that it is still relatively early days, considering the size of the rebuilding job that is necessary. The next couple of signings whenever that happens, will I assume, give us an idea where in the league we will be completing at next season. Have to remember of course we were absolutely honking, particularly last year! To turn that around in a few weeks is a big ask  for any Manager in this league. I suspect that this may take a couple of windows to turn this around to anything close to what we all want. Not nice to have to think about but reality which is why I agree that the signings have to reflect some kind of leadership on the park;  a decent Keeper (We are led to believe)  signed is a good start as is a goal scorer, which at our level is always difficult to come by, again we have a good start in that respect.   

I don't think it should take a couple of Windows to get a major improvement in league position.

In a league where the majority of players are on one year contracts turnarounds can happen very quickly with good player choices.

Look at Montrose this season as an example or Queens park a couple of seasons ago.

I do think that it is still relatively early days, considering the size of the rebuilding job that is necessary. The next couple of signings whenever that happens, will I assume, give us an idea where in the league we will be completing at next season. Have to remember of course we were absolutely honking, particularly last year! To turn that around in a few weeks is a big ask  for any Manager in this league. I suspect that this may take a couple of windows to turn this around to anything close to what we all want.
Not nice to have to think about but reality which is why I agree that the signings have to reflect some kind of leadership on the park;  a decent Keeper (We are led to believe)  signed is a good start as is a goal scorer, which at our level is always difficult to come by, again we have a good start in that respect.  

Just sounds like excuses are getting made already as said Montrose that's right Montrose turned it around in a matter of months

I'm not content pottering about the middle of div 2 and celebrating scraping into the play offs if we spend much more time in div 2 then we are destined to stay there forever
Fans dropping off every season acceptance of mediocrity perpetrated by the people in charge of the club year on year

Not for me

Let's aim high

Think small stay small

Another worrying aspect is that many of our rivals seem to be building strong squads already. Stenny, Stirling and Montrose all well ahead of us. Peterhead will be strong as well. Not sure that releasing the likes of Linton, McDonald, Easton and looking for bargain basement replacements will have us competing with these sides. And if we can't compete financially with the stenny's and Montrose's of the world then we really are in trouble.

Having a wee look at new season kits on misc fitva chat. Two things i like. Dunfermlines badge on away top,Would be good if we done same with our away effort of clyde colours only like the toffs 60 effort & macron clearly do best looking kits,Motherwell friend had one on recently and for a fitba tap it looked good

Archived