Summer Transfer Window '17

• Replies 310
  • Created
  • Last Reply
44 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

Harry Davis , what a signing could walk into any Scottish top league side the guy is class.

Looks like Tony has been on the supers this afternoon.

1498904981159.jpg.e7b5b8bd877f3d4b58134151bef714d0.jpg

27 minutes ago, irvine_buddie said:

I think we only got him because he's currently injured.

Correct should be fit end of August great defender and can score goals as he proved with us last season. Very important signing. Get the rest of our injury  players back we should be able to mount a decent challenge now. 

47 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

Correct should be fit end of August great defender and can score goals as he proved with us last season. Very important signing. Get the rest of our injury  players back we should be able to mount a decent challenge now. 

Yes a few of your fans said that last season and that went well no Loy no Malian back in your box.

13 minutes ago, gmfc said:

Yes a few of your fans said that last season and that went well no Loy no Malian back in your box.

Time will tell mate, time will tell so fingers crossed. It's a competitive league I don't see any team run away with it like Hibs did last season. 

2 hours ago, Demented Zebra said:

Harry Davis , what a signing could walk into any Scottish top league side the guy is class.

Prior to St Mirren he was playing for the 17th best side in League Two, but now he'd walk into any team in the Scottish Prem? :lol:

7 minutes ago, lanky_ffc said:

Prior to St Mirren he was playing for the 17th best side in League Two, but now he'd walk into any team in the Scottish Prem? :lol:

You obviously haven't seen him play. His father was manager of that League Two side and Harry was captain. And this is the same League Two that Sibbald isn't good enough for :) *. Harry only left as his father had left. He is recovering from an injury just now and unlikely to play for us before September.

* Luton boss Nathan Jones said: "We won't be moving forward with Craig. Craig comes highly recommended and we've watched him, but our squad is done, and anyone who comes into it has to be above what we have here.

14 minutes ago, NorthBank said:

You obviously haven't seen him play. His father was manager of that League Two side and Harry was captain. And this is the same League Two that Sibbald isn't good enough for :) *. Harry only left as his father had left. He is recovering from an injury just now and unlikely to play for us before September.

* Luton boss Nathan Jones said: "We won't be moving forward with Craig. Craig comes highly recommended and we've watched him, but our squad is done, and anyone who comes into it has to be above what we have here.

9 minutes ago, Demented Zebra said:

Check the guy out in our future games stands out like a sore thumb in our league

Either of you care to give any justifications for why 'he'd  walk into any Scottish top league side' beyond the anecdotal 'he looked good for us last season'?

I've never made any big claims about Sibbald, so that bit is irrelevant drivel :lol:

11 minutes ago, NorthBank said:

as responded earlier - Sibbald's silky ball skills and link play across the midfield is a completely foreign language to Luton's hoof ball punting mess. No surprise their manager said Sibbs isn't "above what they already have" - they're all 6'5" cart horses, he'd need to be on stilts to be above that. 

24 minutes ago, lanky_ffc said:

Either of you care to give any justifications for why 'he'd  walk into any Scottish top league side' beyond the anecdotal 'he looked good for us last season'?

I've never made any big claims about Sibbald, so that bit is irrelevant drivel :lol:

Said above watch him in future games to understand why we go on about him.

I watch Leyton orient regularly (and lots of other lower league football in England) and in my opinion even at their worst (i.e. Last season) would finish comfortably in the premier league.

13 minutes ago, geo87 said:

I watch Leyton orient regularly (and lots of other lower league football in England) and in my opinion even at their worst (i.e. Last season) would finish comfortably in the premier league.

No they fucking won't.

Given that Graeme Carey absolutely tears things up in League 2, yet was no better than average in the Premiership, and given that Orient were gubbins (to use a VTism) last season I'm going to have to disagree with that.

32 minutes ago, geo87 said:

This is transparently utter bullshit!

It;s land of the giants, bash it up to the big lad up front stuff in quite clear evidence, as proudly presented by Clem and similar dullards every weekend.

Given that Graeme Carey absolutely tears things up in League 2, yet was no better than average in the Premiership, and given that Orient were gubbins (to use a VTism) last season I'm going to have to disagree with that.

Or you could watch a few games and make your own, informed opinion.

Pointless argument anyway.

Archived